British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Nov 5th 2016 2:29 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12096496)
Can't open that on my tablet for some reason. Can you screen shot it?

It's the headline image from the Guardian link.

Lion in Winter Nov 5th 2016 2:36 pm

Among the things that annoy and anger me is how the most neglected, used, and disadvantaged people in the UK have been misled and betrayed again. 40 years of neglect and the undoing of their social rights and supports by the British government has been channeled by them and by their friends in the tabloid press into anti EU and anti-immigrant sentiment, allowing the government to avoid all responsibility for their actions and their inaction.

Post brexit, there is nothing at all to indicate that the government would do anything at all to improve their situation. They are being encouraged to feel that they have won something by getting some unspecified form of brexit when in reality their lives won't be improved one iota.

Lion in Winter Nov 5th 2016 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12096498)
It's the headline image from the Guardian link.

Oh, that one. Yes, it's jackboot time again.

Not that anybody is suggesting overturning the referendum result.

la mancha Nov 5th 2016 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12096502)
Among the things that annoy and anger me is how the most neglected, used, and disadvantaged people in the UK have been misled and betrayed again. 40 years of neglect and the undoing of their social rights and supports by the British government has been channeled by them and by their friends in the tabloid press into anti EU and anti-immigrant sentiment, allowing the government to avoid all responsibility for their actions and their inaction.

Post brexit, there is nothing at all to indicate that the government would do anything at all to improve their situation. They are being encouraged to feel that they have won something by getting some unspecified form of brexit when in reality their lives won't be improved one iota.

And how many years have we been in the EU?

Don’t you people understand anything? For the umpteenth time, people voted because of the life they live. They have nothing now and nothing to look forward to. It was the people who told the Leave campaign groups what they want to see happen.

You and others are upset about the online personal abuse the judges have been subjected to. You are the same people who laughed when Farage was physically attacked and abused in the past. Or is it one rule for some and the shit-heap for the rest of us?

As for the rest of your post, pure speculation.

EMR Nov 5th 2016 2:53 pm

That is exactly what most on the remain side have been saying since the day of the vote.
You can fool some of the people for most of the time if you are the editor of the Express, Mail etc.

EMR Nov 5th 2016 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12096506)
And how many years have we been in the EU?

Don’t you people understand anything? For the umpteenth time, people voted because of the life they live. They have nothing now and nothing to look forward to. It was the people who told the Leave campaign groups what they want to see happen.

You and others are upset about the online personal abuse the judges have been subjected to. You are the same people who laughed when Farage was physically attacked and abused in the past. Or is it one rule for some and the shit-heap for the rest of us?

As for the rest of your post, pure speculation.

When was Farage made a High court judge, he us no more than a opportunist politician no different from the majority who are in that position.
To compare him to the judges is crass stupidity of the first order.

la mancha Nov 5th 2016 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12096509)
When was Farage made a High court judge, he us no more than a opportunist politician no different from the majority who are in that position.
To compare him to the judges is crass stupidity of the first order.

People are people. Or are you siding with those who think there is one rule for the elite and the shit-heap for the rest of us?

Red Eric Nov 5th 2016 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12096395)
It was very loud and very clear at several stages before the referendum began as well as during the campaign.

And as the link states above:

During the campaign itself, the official government voting information distributed to millions of homes said clearly that “This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide”.

Actually, I'm pretty sure all of that was labelled Project Fear and instantly binned.

Quite apart from which it came from lying bastard and discredited laughing stock Dodgy Dave Camoron (all © Dicky&Poorly Inc ™). What sort of fool would have set any store by that?

EMR Nov 5th 2016 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12096513)
People are people. Or are you siding with those who think there is one rule for the elite and the shit-heap for the rest of us?

Politicians are an open target, who ever they are and what party they represent.
Farage just happens to be the worst of a very poor bunch..
If you want to climb up on the Farage shit heap thats your choice, some of us have much better taste.

Bipat Nov 5th 2016 3:12 pm

Mrs May has said she wants more equality.
Hope she is able to do what she says. At least better than "we"re all in it together", Mr Cameron's mantra.

Theresa May's first speech as Prime Minister: full text | Coffee House

Red Eric Nov 5th 2016 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12096506)

Ah - I see. So that's how the £350 million a week extra for the NHS promise got onto the side of a bus which was endorsed by the official Leave campaign, one of whose occupants as it toured the country now sits in one of the most influential ministerial positions in government.

When can those disillusioned downtrodden people with nothing to look forward to expect to be able to look forward to seeing that money start raining down and flooding the NHS budget?

la mancha Nov 5th 2016 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12096516)
Politicians are an open target, who ever they are and what party they represent.
Farage just happens to be the worst of a very poor bunch..
If you want to climb up on the Farage shit heap thats your choice, some of us have much better taste.

I don't know what you mean by that and I don't care for the comments of a, well, it is probably against forum rules to define you, so I won't bother to ask.

Again, as always, you miss the point. I am commenting on those who think we should not subject the three judges to online abuse but deem it okay to physically and verbally abuse others, namely Farage. You obviously think we, the peasants, are subject to a different law to the elite.

EMR Nov 5th 2016 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12096522)
I don't know what you mean by that and I don't care for the comments of a, well, it is probably against forum rules to define you, so I won't bother to ask.

Again, as always, you miss the point. I am commenting on those who think we should not subject the three judges to online abuse but deem it okay to physically and verbally abuse others, namely Farage. You obviously think we, the peasants, are subject to a different law to the elite.

That you are comparing 3 high court judges to an opportunist politician like Farage is the problem.
If you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

Red Eric Nov 5th 2016 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12096522)
You obviously think we, the peasants, are subject to a different law to the elite.

You really have fallen for that elites business, haven't you la mancha?

Do you honestly imagine May, Johnson, Fox, Davies et al are plebs or that they are going to put the interests of the majority of the population, or even those who are most needy or vulnerable, first?

And you think Farage is "one of us"? Who the heck do you think's interests is he representing?

la mancha Nov 5th 2016 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12096520)
Ah - I see. So that's how the £350 million a week extra for the NHS promise got onto the side of a bus which was endorsed by the official Leave campaign, one of whose occupants as it toured the country now sits in one of the most influential ministerial positions in government.

When can those disillusioned downtrodden people with nothing to look forward to expect to be able to look forward to seeing that money start raining down and flooding the NHS budget?

Nice to see you taking the piss out of the downtrodden, Eric. It all comes to the surface sooner or later.

Your mates, the Remainers, seem to be turning into quite spiteful little b******* now.

Nicola Gorb, a Great Ormond Street Hospital worker has said she hopes Brexiteers' children fall ill so they can experience how leaving the European Union will hurt the NHS.

"I want people who are leaving to one day unfortunately have a child who needs that treatment but it is not there because collaboration has not been there."

Got that?

Just how low can you get?