British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Jul 4th 2016 9:11 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Here you are, all you lovers of that terribly democratic vote we just had. Here is your millionaire deciding on a new political party, who will get to run it, and what it will stand for.

Leave donor plans new party to replace Ukip – possibly without Farage in charge | Politics | The Guardian

He had already hinted that Farage would not be leader. Now Nige is gone. Banks is backing Leadsom for Tory leadership - and as of today so is Boris. She is a Tory nonentity who will do the dirty work for Leave and then be booted, no doubt.

Still, at least we got control back, eh? And we got rid of those elites, too.

DaveLovesDee Jul 5th 2016 12:08 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11990312)
This is the main reason that Leave won the Referendum.........

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening.
This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”

Jean Monnet, founding father.EU

So you're admitting Leave won based on a lie then?

Though attributed to Monnet, there appears to be no actual evidence he said that.

European Union: What did Monnet say about Europe’s nations and the superstate ?

Why EU superstate conspiracy theories are nonsense

Can you provide a link to where he's actually supposed to have said this please?

EMR Jul 5th 2016 8:27 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Sterling continues its decline now under E1.19 and $1.33.

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 8:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Tim Martin of Wetherspoons pubs poured hundreds of thousands of pounds into the 'leave' campaign. His business has lost 30 million pounds in the last week. He says' I'm not bothered,because of what I stand to gain in the long term'?

It's noble of him..I suppose when your that rich,whats a few millions here and there,if you have that sort of 'promise' to look forward to.
On the other hand,he sounds batshit crazy to me ,and all the ex-pat pensioners who have seen their pensions plummet in the last few days

amideislas Jul 5th 2016 8:54 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 11993899)
So you're admitting Leave won based on a lie then?

Though attributed to Monnet, there appears to be no actual evidence he said that.

European Union: What did Monnet say about Europe’s nations and the superstate ?

Why EU superstate conspiracy theories are nonsense

Can you provide a link to where he's actually supposed to have said this please?

Surely the daily express/mail has something "proving" it.

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 9:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Whilst Theresa May and Michael Gove 'play house' occasionally firing out disturbing sound bites... and pretending nothing untoward has happened,or that the UK isn't in a political tail spin

Nick Clegg has stepped forward and suggested,quite reasonable,that maybe they should consider calling a General Election! Tony Blair concurs with this idea ,if only to halt anymore 'wild stuff' occurring ,and allow for thinking time...
Naturally the May Queen and Toad Gove see this as a wicked plan to steal their prize,rather than a democratic approach to the apocalypse recently visited on the British public. I guess Democracy is only in the eye of the beholder.

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 9:43 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 11993899)
So you're admitting Leave won based on a lie then?

Though attributed to Monnet, there appears to be no actual evidence he said that.

European Union: What did Monnet say about Europe’s nations and the superstate ?

Why EU superstate conspiracy theories are nonsense

Can you provide a link to where he's actually supposed to have said this please?


Monnet did indeed write that..in context..taking a quote out of a long speech on the vision for the future of the small nations of Europe and throwing it into a wholly unrelated discussion does a huge disservice to a great man

He wrote at length after the war about his great concerns for Europe's security and growth,set against the backdrop of the powerful nations to the west and East of us. He foresaw the need to come together and form a counterbalance. His was a pretty realistic vision of how the chips would fall.

If we believe that we are greater than the USA. Bigger and stronger than Russia and China. then we are delusional. Those days of Empire are gone. We are actually what we have always been a small,competent, trading nation. nothing more..

DaveLovesDee Jul 5th 2016 9:45 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11994126)
Monnet did indeed write that..in context..taking a quote out of a long speech on the vision for the future of the small nations of Europe and throwing it into a wholly unrelated discussion does a huge disservice to a great man

He wrote at length after the war about his great concerns for Europe's security and growth,set against the backdrop of the powerful nations to the west and East of us. He foresaw the need to come together and form a counterbalance. His was a pretty realistic vision of how the chips would fall.

If we believe that we are greater than the USA. Bigger and stronger than Russia and China. then we are delusional. Those days of Empire are gone. We are actually what we have always been a small,competent, trading nation. nothing more..

Do you have a link to this?

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 9:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
The best I can do is this DavelovesDee

TOP 16 QUOTES BY JEAN MONNET | A-Z Quotes

Google it..

DaveLovesDee Jul 5th 2016 10:19 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11994131)
The best I can do is this DavelovesDee

TOP 16 QUOTES BY JEAN MONNET | A-Z Quotes

Google it..

I was hoping for source material.

http://46qasb3uw5yn639ko4bz2ptr8u.wp...ck-inner-4.jpg

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 12:03 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 11994140)


I know I actually used to have a book.on him . however that got lost in the mists of time and many moves.. I do remember the quotes though...Will keep looking...:starsmile:

GeniB Jul 5th 2016 2:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It's the 12th day lost in space.. The star ship 'F**k up' has been circling the same small planet aimlessly whilst running out of fuel,time and temper.

Captain Toad.. has surveyed the body count.. no signs of life...Only he and 1st officer May Queen seem to stand between glory and utter disaster..2nd officer Fairy has spent a lot of time in the WC..since the disaster struck. Now she is shrieking and pointing a trembling hand out of the rear window,.. Captain Toad takes a look. His normally Green face takes on a shade of puce.. The fuel line tethering them to earth has come loose..they are haemorrhaging money. at an enormous rate. dun da dun day.......

Where will it all end? will they be saved? will earth perish as they crash and burn.?. does anyone care?

EMR Jul 5th 2016 3:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11994367)
It's the 12th day lost in space.. The star ship 'F**k up' has been circling the same small planet aimlessly whilst running out of fuel,time and temper.

Captain Toad.. has surveyed the body count.. no signs of life...Only he and 1st officer May Queen seem to stand between glory and utter disaster..2nd officer Fairy has spent a lot of time in the WC..since the disaster struck. Now she is shrieking and pointing a trembling hand out of the rear window,.. Captain Toad takes a look. His normally Green face takes on a shade of puce.. The fuel line tethering them to earth has come loose..they are haemorrhaging monaey. at an enormous rate. dun da dun day.......

Where will it all end? will they be saved? will earth perish as they crash and burn.?. does anyone care?


2nd officer fairy spent much of her speech to the assembled tory crew rambling on about frontal lobe development of infants.
She also had to keep defending her association with the sewage disposL department manned by that peculiar alien race from ukippier, known for having two heads and prejudiced against anyone who does not look like them.
She also wants to re introduce slavery to the departments with only a few workers removing their min wage, all protectiion and entitlement to a workers pension.

EMR Jul 5th 2016 4:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
9Latest efforts today by BOE fail to stop decline in sterling, now E1.17..
Standard life and Aviva suspend trading in their commercial property funds due to outflow of funds.

What next ?

calman014 Jul 5th 2016 5:09 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Meanwhile, engineer "Scotty" Fox notices that the transporter has been used several times by officers abandoning the ship in an unauthorised manner. There is still no clue where the previous captain has beamed down to, though erratic settings made in a panic indicate that he may not have reached his planned destination at all and simply disintegrated.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:24 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.