British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Nov 2nd 2016 9:29 am

re: Post EU Referendum

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Kippers for breakfast!!

Nigel Farage could lead Ukip again, donor Arron Banks suggests

Come on lads and lasses of the Farage has done his job, good luck to him Happy retirement / rest of life / he was getting a bit stale anyway Brigade! What say you - is UKIP a one trick party and is Farage that trick? :lol::lol::lol:

EMR Nov 2nd 2016 10:10 am

Sales fall at Weatherspoons, according to their pro brexit CEO who is to blame ?
The EU??. ( Reuters uk )
No doubt the first of many who will be blaming the EU for the effects of brexit on their balance sheets.

jimenato Nov 2nd 2016 11:18 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12093590)
Sales fall at Weatherspoons, according to their pro brexit CEO who is to blame ?
The EU??. ( Reuters uk )
No doubt the first of many who will be blaming the EU for the effects of brexit on their balance sheets.

This is the point of links...:rolleyes: - it's so that people know what you're on about. I assume it's this to which you refer...

Wetherspoons

"If we, and companies like ours, are unable to agree on tariff-free transactions, it will inevitably result in a loss of business for European companies which have done nothing to deserve this outcome," Martin said.
He's a pub landlord and a very successful one and he should stick to that. He's making himself look a bit foolish over Brexit.

EMR Nov 2nd 2016 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12093631)
This is the point of links...:rolleyes: - it's so that people know what you're on about. I assume it's this to which you refer...

Wetherspoons

He's aa pub landlord and a very successful one and he should stick to that. He's making himself look a bit foolish over Brexit.

Its clear what I am on about , its on REUTERS UK..
If you are interested follow it up, if not don't.
I do not open 90% of the links posted they are either total rubbish, Express etc or comments that I am already fully aware of, most having already been reported on BBC news, etc etc etc..

We can expect more whinges from brexiters when they realise the impacts of their decision.

Bipat Nov 2nd 2016 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12093551)
Bottom of the class for you two. Portuguese citizens living outside the EU don't have to come via Portugal if they wish to settle in the UK or elsewhere in the EU (where did that idea come from?).

I know this is a bit off topic but Bipat has seemed quite keen on a discussion on the matter in the past, so I thought I'd engage in one with her as Brexit (whatever that means) hasn't happened yet. Anyway - Bipat always seems to be hinting that there's something a little untoward or possibly underhand going on with immigration by PT citizens from Goa into the UK. But surely it's no different to the situation with hordes or multitudes of various categories of UK citizens or nationals who've never set foot in the UK and yet retain the right to do so should they wish, owing to the status of the territory in which they live or due to rights conferred upon them by dint of their ancestry? Those "British" people also have the right to waltz into any of the other member states of the EU. And so on with all the EU member states and their former or current territories and descendants of their citizens. What's the difference?

Furthermore, given the amount of angst that has been generated in the UK in the past - prior to EU freedom of movement - about immigration of certain groups of people from outside what is now the EU into the UK, many of whom would since have acquired UK citizenship, should the rest of the EU be concerned about those people now having the right to reside in their countries? After all, the UK has been swamped with them for decades and despite all efforts to staunch the flow, they're still flooding in at a rate of hundreds of thousands a year. The UK will be fully entitled to keep them all to themselves from now on, of course, rather than having to obey Brussels diktats about allowing some or all of them to emigrate if they wish.

Just to correct you on one point, I have no problem with Goans getting Portuguese passports, I was just giving some facts (although I thought they went via Portugal). Have an interest as our home is in Karnataka just south of Goa, so spend quite a lot of time there.
It is actually an anomaly as India does not allow dual nationality.
in fact the Government recently made a statement that they would have to give up one or other nationality, but nothing has happened yet.

SultanOfSwing Nov 2nd 2016 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12093530)
Nah, it wouldn't. He and Dick would post lots of BS, then claim our silence means they're right.

Yeah, you can't win either way. Might as well shitpost to wind the irritating little twunt up as much as we can, I guess.

Lion in Winter Nov 2nd 2016 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12093699)
Yeah, you can't win either way. Might as well shitpost to wind the irritating little twunt up as much as we can, I guess.

There are almost no serious discussions that can be had any more on TIO. It used to be a place where people could disagree, but they were thinking points of view backed up by coherent arguments. Now it's just a small handful of people wanting a place where they can shout their opinions gleaned from the Daily Mail and weird conspiracy theorist sites and receive approval from each other for doing so.

It does serve for comedic relief during the work day, but that's about it. Other parts of the forum are better.

morpeth Nov 2nd 2016 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12093458)
Even muslims are fleeing muslims. What's so hard to sink in?

Look at the Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon for decades, and how few Syrian refugees accepted or going to Saudi Arabia , Kuwait and Dubai. I wonder if there is something the West is missing with this situation.

Red Eric Nov 2nd 2016 9:25 pm

Germany to force UK to remain in EU despite Referendum result - News Dick | EU | Jackboots

Vexcore Nov 2nd 2016 11:01 pm

I like to see them try that stunt..

Since when does Germany have power over another country.... (oh wait.. we've already been down this route before)

Seems the lust for power never went... first Hitler... now Merkel lol

DaveLovesDee Nov 2nd 2016 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12094222)
I like to see them try that stunt..

Since when does Germany have power over another country.... (oh wait.. we've already been down this route before)

Seems the lust for power never went... first Hitler... now Merkel lol

I guess you read the link title Eric posted, which was;

Germany to force UK to remain in EU despite Referendum result - News Dick | EU | Jackboots

But did you actually read the link? Because no-one said anything about Germany having power over another country.

The council’s advice to try to prevent Brexit runs counter to the current mood in both Berlin – where Merkel has said the EU must respect the British vote and face “the reality” of Brexit
And Godwin's Law applies.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 3rd 2016 1:24 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...omists-warn-eu

"Prevent Brexit or face political fallout, German economists warn EU"

No great surprise there.

Open hostility after the referendum seems to be turning to help we can't manage without you.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 3rd 2016 1:36 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12093458)
Even muslims are fleeing muslims. What's so hard to sink in?

Pictured: Migrants camping in Paris clash in violent street brawl

Nice friendly folk.

Can't for the life of me see why we need better immigration control. :cool:

Red Eric Nov 3rd 2016 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12093716)
There are almost no serious discussions that can be had any more on TIO. It used to be a place where people could disagree, but they were thinking points of view backed up by coherent arguments. Now it's just a small handful of people wanting a place where they can shout their opinions gleaned from the Daily Mail and weird conspiracy theorist sites and receive approval from each other for doing so.

It does serve for comedic relief during the work day, but that's about it. Other parts of the forum are better.

rubbish! :thumbdown:

Red Eric Nov 3rd 2016 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12094305)
Pictured: Migrants camping in Paris clash in violent street brawl

Nice friendly folk.

Can't for the life of me see why we need better immigration control. :cool:

Who's "we" there Dick? Any of those people who wanted to haven't been able to enter the UK because of immigration control, some of which is taking place on French soil.

And what's that to do with the UK post Brexit anyway (apart from the possibility that in future the permission to conduct such control in France may well be withdrawn)?