British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Jul 3rd 2016 6:33 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992599)
You mean the 65% who could not even be bothered to vote for what you claim to be their own interests ? :confused:

It does not matter if they voted or not, they will be the decision makers not the brexit oldies.

Fredbargate Jul 3rd 2016 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11992657)
It does not matter if they voted or not, they will be the decision makers not the brexit oldies.

Absolutely brilliant

The decision is we can't be arsed to make a decision

EMR Jul 3rd 2016 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992596)

Why do you post links that you obviously have not read.
If you had then you would have seen the comment " our view is that the UK should remain in the EU ".
Facts Dick, Facts.

Dick Dasterdly Jul 3rd 2016 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 11992681)
Absolutely brilliant

The decision is we can't be arsed to make a decision

That pretty well sums it up. :cool:

EMR Jul 3rd 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992761)
That pretty well sums it up. :cool:

We , you and all of us will have little if any influence in how the future turns out.
Your future is in their hands.
Maybe not today but certainly tomorrow.

Dick Dasterdly Jul 3rd 2016 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11992769)
We , you and all of us will have little if any influence in how the future turns out.
Your future is in their hands.
Maybe not today but certainly tomorrow.

In whose hands, all of those who couldn't be bothered to cast their votes ? :confused:
Sounds really promising, if that's the case. :sarcasm:

EMR Jul 3rd 2016 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992784)
In whose hands, all of those who couldn't be bothered to cast their votes ? :confused:
Sounds really promising, if that's the case. :sarcasm:

Given that our generation was no different, we are also responsible for the mess we have made of things.

GeniB Jul 3rd 2016 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992602)
It is not limited solely to EU countries. :cool:

Once again... The ERASMUS PROGRAMME is The European Student Exchange Programme... what part of that includes 'other countries' Dick ?

Dick Dasterdly Jul 3rd 2016 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11992873)
Once again... The ERASMUS PROGRAMME is The European Student Exchange Programme... what part of that includes 'other countries' Dick ?

I suggest you look up the countries outside the EU who are involved in it. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jul 3rd 2016 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11992845)
Given that our generation was no different, we are also responsible for the mess we have made of things.

Speak for yourself by all means, but please don't include me as you don't have the faintest clue in that respect.:cool:

Red Eric Jul 4th 2016 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992923)

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 11992873)

I suggest you look up the countries outside the EU who are involved in it. :cool:

Is Switzerland still one of them?

GeniB Jul 4th 2016 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11992923)

I suggest you understand who runs it...

GeniB Jul 4th 2016 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 11993054)

As they keep breaking the EU agreements Looks like ,not.:o

Fredbargate Jul 4th 2016 7:10 am

I see that the remain campaigns predictions are coming true with tax rises. Osbourne is considering putting up corporation tax from 20% to 15%;)

GeniB Jul 4th 2016 7:39 am

A group of business's is preparing a legal challenge to prevent the Government from beginning BREXIT. negotiations without an act of Parliament.

The action is being brought by law firm Mischcon de Reya ( The lawyers to the rich ,the Queen being one of them) This would complicate the path to leaving the EU.given that a large majority of MP's were in favour of remaining.

The legal challenge follows an article by three academics stating that 'The government would be violating Parliamentary Sovereignty if it activated Article 50 on it's own,because it would render redundant rights established by the European Communities act of 1972. In the UK constitution,Parliament gets to make this decision..not the Prime Minister.

It gets more and more interesting doesn't it.