British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Oct 31st 2016 10:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092363)
Of course not.

Who needs the media when you've got emr.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You spelt Express wrong.

Dick Dasterdly Oct 31st 2016 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12092367)
You spelt Express wrong.

Maybe I should refer you to the Guardian again, eh? :o :rofl:

DaveLovesDee Oct 31st 2016 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092369)
Maybe I should refer you to the Guardian again, eh? :o :rofl:

At least they're more likely to have headlines that reflect the article's content...

Dick Dasterdly Oct 31st 2016 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12092373)
At least they're more likely to have headlines that reflect the article's content...

Ah so it's nice to know you agree with them then.;)

"EU is not only UNDEMOCRATIC, it's also ANTI DEMOCRATIC." :lol:

morpeth Oct 31st 2016 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12092341)
Because Muslim extremists are targeting Westerners, not Jews. Israel have under attack from/have attacked a small number of Arab countries over the years, but these Muslim terrorists have little to do with that. Those terrorists are from Islamic State, which appears intent on bringing a much stricter brand of Islam to those same countries.

Because the article says it is......

The links I provided earlier, and the ones above, contained comments by Jewish community leader in Malmo, all indicate the Muslims in Malmo Sweden are harassing Jews and many see the writing on the wall time to move or considering moving.

On the other hand I haven't read anything saying that is the case in UK, or at least to the level of the problems in Sweden and Malmo in particular.

So growing Muslim population, and growing support for some extreme right-wing groups, maybe not a future the Jews of Europe wish to take a chance on.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 12:04 am

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12092401)
The links I provided earlier, and the ones above, contained comments by Jewish community leader in Malmo, all indicate the Muslims in Malmo Sweden are harassing Jews and many see the writing on the wall time to move or considering moving.

On the other hand I haven't read anything saying that is the case in UK, or at least to the level of the problems in Sweden and Malmo in particular.

So growing Muslim population, and growing support for some extreme right-wing groups, maybe not a future the Jews of Europe wish to take a chance on.

They have been persecuted with virtually zilch protection from Police or Authorities and moving out in numbers for many years that I'm aware of.
I believe there is now only a fraction of the Jewish population of ten years or more ago, still living there.

DaveLovesDee Nov 1st 2016 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092380)
Ah so it's nice to know you agree with them then.;)

I don't agree with the ones that lie/mislead.

"EU is not only UNDEMOCRATIC, it's also ANTI DEMOCRATIC." :lol:
You keep saying that, yet we keep proving it wrong.

The UK can be seen as less democratic than the EU in some ways How democratic is the EU?.

Clearly the EU structure has defects when assessed by the normal standards of Western democracy – but I would argue that the British parliament, with its unelected House of Lords and an unrepresentative House of Commons (in terms of the balance of political parties to votes cast), is even less democratic.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 3:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12092412)
I don't agree with the ones that lie/mislead.

You keep saying that, yet we keep proving it wrong.

The UK can be seen as less democratic than the EU in some ways How democratic is the EU?.

The EU cannot be considered democratic until such time as there is a democratic selection of those who formulate its major policies.

As we know that does not happen, was never meant to happen and never will happen.

It is the main reason the Eu makes so many catastrophic policy decisions.
The reason it will never reform and just one of the reasons it is in a state of collapse or existential crisis as the Eu itself decribes the present situation. :cool:

Oh and it is not just me that keeps saying that.
It is reported widely by the media and others, right, left and centre.
Take your choice.
By the way who is we ?
You're not an overpaid a Brussels pen pusher or whatever they're called these days by any chance, because I think that's about the only reason you are likely to continue in denial ?

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 3:50 am

From your very own unelected Big Chief.

"There can be no Democratic Choice against EU Treaties." :cool:

Scamp Nov 1st 2016 4:14 am

Imagine if those links said it was Germans going to Hungary.

You lot would be all over it like a cheap suit.

jimenato Nov 1st 2016 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092468)
From your very own unelected Big Chief.

"There can be no Democratic Choice against EU Treaties." :cool:

That's about the third or fourth time you've tried that one. Predictable and boring. And as disingenuous and spun as the last few times you misused it.

It shows how devoid of depth and substance you and your arguments are if you've got to keep doing that.

I won't bother refuting it yet again - we all know your style - or rather lack of it.

EMR Nov 1st 2016 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092345)
...and you are naive enough to swallow that.

Nuff said. :cool:

You are stupid enough to read and believe the Express, that says it all.

amideislas Nov 1st 2016 8:17 am

Revenge of the tabloids

Rocked by the phone-hacking scandal and haemorrhaging readers, the rightwing tabloids seemed to be yesterday’s news. But now, in Theresa May’s Brexit Britain, they look more powerful than ever

British politics now feels relentlessly tabloid-dominated. From the daily obsession with immigrants to the rubbishing of human rights lawyers, from the march towards a “hard Brexit” to the smearing of liberal Britons as bad losers and elitists, the tabloids and the Conservative right are collaborating with a closeness and a swagger not seen since at least the early 90s.

“The Sun and Mail have more power now than they have for a long time,” says David Yelland, editor of the Sun from 1998 to 2003. “You could argue that in Brexit the tabloids had their most powerful moment ever.” In a text less than an hour after the Brexit victory was declared, the current editor of the Sun, Tony Gallagher, told the Guardian’s media editor: “So much for the waning power of the print media.”

The word “tabloid” was invented in 1884 by the pharmaceutical magnate Henry Wellcome; before it referred to pithy newspapers, it meant a concentrated dose of medicine.

Consider some headlines from the Express this autumn: “Migrant Influx Is Threatening To Destroy Our Way Of Life”; “Muslim Bus Driver ‘Put Children’s Lives At Risk’ By Stopping For Prayer”; “Benefit Cheats Spared Jail As Fraud Rockets”. For the rightwing tabloids, they are unremarkable – such themes and stereotypes and phrases have run through the papers for decades: on front pages, in news stories, in features, editorials and pieces by columnists, almost all the articles agreeing with each other, almost every day.

The papers have tirelessly devoted themselves to what the Italian political theorist Antonio Gramsci referred to as the manufacturing of “common sense”, by which he meant the partisan but often unnoticed and unchallenged assumptions that tilt public opinion rightwards.

In 2013, an in-depth survey by Ipsos MORI revealed that Britons vastly overestimate the number of British immigrants, Muslims and benefit fraudsters.

paulry Nov 1st 2016 8:21 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12092546)
That's about the third or fourth time you've tried that one. Predictable and boring. And as disingenuous and spun as the last few times you misused it.

It shows how devoid of depth and substance you and your arguments are if you've got to keep doing that.

I won't bother refuting it yet again - we all know your style - or rather lack of it.

You're beginning to sound like that twat EMR

EMR Nov 1st 2016 8:24 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12092578)
You're beginning to sound like that twat EMR

Better that than a supporter of racist white regimes, served in its armed forces,etc etc.
The only good thing about you is that you are thousands of miles away and dislike our country so much that you will never return to live here.
All bluster no balls.