British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Jun 24th 2016 10:10 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983455)
SAw that girl a few times on various media sites.


They are FUMING... they wanted the EU to control them? sad bunch of F**kers


THANK GOD COMMON SENSE PREVAILS


Seems Common Sense prevails here as well, despite all the threats that we were going to get a bloody nose.

Cameron red-faced as official says EU will trade with post-Brexit UK | UK | News | Daily Express

Cameron red-faced after German official says Brussels WILL trade with Britain after Brexit

DAVID Cameron and George Osborne’s economic scaremongering over Britain’s potential exit from the European Union has been laughed off by a senior German official.

Wol Jun 24th 2016 10:29 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 11981841)
Most of the polling has been wildly inaccurate. Apparently the polls to really watch are the currency and financial markets (lots of hedge funds commissioned their own private exit polls apparently).

As always, the only poll to matter is the one where people actually vote.

As we have now seen.

la mancha Jun 24th 2016 10:36 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I would like to congratulate Nigel Farage on this most remarkable victory in the EU referendum. He, more than any other British politician, was responsible for the Tories calling the referendum, and he and his party, UKIP, have worked tirelessly over many years for Britain’s independence. This glorious day, 24th June 2016, will go down in history as the moment the British people finally regained their country from the grip of a dysfunctional organisation in Brussels.

Mister Farage, leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, has worked tirelessly in the face of adversity to bring about Britain’s independence from the Union. He has shown remarkable restraint and courage over the years and his unstinting devotion to Britain and the British people has finally been rewarded with the highest accolade possible: Independence Day.

Congratulations, Mister Farage, on this remarkable, no, stunning, victory that has shaken the Union to its core. History will remember you as the only politician who had the effrontery to look Brussels in the eye and say, NO. I thank not only you but all those millions of hard working low paid British people who voted on that momentous night of 23rd June to finally, after years of wrangling, make Britain a fully independent nation once again.

Wol Jun 24th 2016 10:38 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11983394)
I'm beginning to think there really is a God after all.

I'm still here, the Sky hasn't fallen in and no sign of WW3.

We are freeing ourselves from the rotten to the core, unelected Mafioso in Brussels who care not a jot for ourselves or anything we stand for, as long as they get their grubby paws on our hard earned cash to use in their favourite pastimes of throwing it into black holes or continuing down the road with Project Fail.

What a wonderful, wonderful day.

Independence Day !

:thumbsup:

:goodpost:

We have an unexpected spring in our steps this morning, and many fellow passengers from several countries have congratulated the Brits through us on the result.

Lion in Winter Jun 24th 2016 11:17 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 11983453)
more disdain
Boris Johnson verbally abused by angry crowd as he leaves home

this is what we voted against and i'm glad we got the result

Er, Boris is one of the downtrodden, ignored, and disrespected "ordinary people"?

I had no idea.

jmood Jun 24th 2016 11:20 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983088)
Avoid eating biscuits.

So I succumbed and came into this part of the forum.

What's the deal with digestive biscuits and Eton and toffs? I missed that part of the culture.

Lion in Winter Jun 24th 2016 11:25 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jmood (Post 11983533)
So I succumbed and came into this part of the forum.

What's the deal with digestive biscuits and Eton and toffs? I missed that part of the culture.

Ooh, you don't want to come in here at the moment. :) The place isn't looking its best.

The biscuit game. Google is your friend. Sort of.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 24th 2016 11:40 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 11983488)
I would like to congratulate Nigel Farage on this most remarkable victory in the EU referendum. He, more than any other British politician, was responsible for the Tories calling the referendum, and he and his party, UKIP, have worked tirelessly over many years for Britain’s independence. This glorious day, 24th June 2016, will go down in history as the moment the British people finally regained their country from the grip of a dysfunctional organisation in Brussels.

Mister Farage, leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, has worked tirelessly in the face of adversity to bring about Britain’s independence from the Union. He has shown remarkable restraint and courage over the years and his unstinting devotion to Britain and the British people has finally been rewarded with the highest accolade possible: Independence Day.

Congratulations, Mister Farage, on this remarkable, no, stunning, victory that has shaken the Union to its core. History will remember you as the only politician who had the effrontery to look Brussels in the eye and say, NO. I thank not only you but all those millions of hard working low paid British people who voted on that momentous night of 23rd June to finally, after years of wrangling, make Britain a fully independent nation once again.

:goodpost:

I agree.

History will remember him as the guy who stood up and was counted for all we true Brits believe in and made this probably the most defining moment in British history since WW 2 happen.

:thumbup:

jmood Jun 24th 2016 11:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 11983243)

So for those ideologists who idolize the EU and its policy of free movement as if it were a religion, their real agenda has been exposed.

What agenda has been exposed? How?

Lion in Winter Jun 24th 2016 11:44 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
EU Referendum: #NotInMyName trends as country wakes up to Brexit | Metro News


The young are unhappy.

Vexcore Jun 24th 2016 11:48 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Anyone see what that bitch Nicola is trying to do?

Scotland had a referendum and decided to stay. Sorry... but this nicola Sturgeon seems to be trying to keep one EU principle very much alive. If they dont get what they want in the first vote.. they keep voting till they get it right. EU Mantra. She is poison

She will cripple scotland, and if she does get what she wants? i hope she'll be remembered as the woman that ruined/kill scotland.


________________________________________
Everything is going to change now,

Passports (European Union text is subject to be removed next year)
Driving licenses (EU flag/symbol is subject to be removed next year.)
Prices (food etc will go up but i'll rather pay more and be free and out of te EU)
Jobs (fresh new jobs on the way)
____________________________________


Also... various media sites and saw it on the telly, (by 2018/19) Any new EU citizen coming to uk will require a visa or a visa on arrival stamp

(Thoughts about that?)



but hey FREEEEEEDDDOOOOMMM !


:-)

Giantaxe Jun 24th 2016 11:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983573)
Jobs (fresh new jobs on the way)

Care to back up that assertion?

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 12:11 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...abroad-america

Sad, but I know what he means. The economy will likely be in a bit of a mess for a while, but it's our culture I fear for. And not so much because Remain won, but because of the way it won.

jmood Jun 25th 2016 12:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983600)
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...abroad-america

Sad, but I know what he means. The economy will likely be in a bit of a mess for a while, but it's our culture I fear for. And not so much because Remain won, but because of the way it won.

This: Citizenship, fellowship, nationality – these are all inventions, things in the mind.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 25th 2016 12:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Interesting to note that Downing Streets predicted Armageddon barely materialised and even then normal service was returned within a few hours.

Also interesting to note that the hostility and threats eminating from Brussels and Germany turned out to be nothing but hot air and today they were already bending over backwards ready to do business, as was Obama also.

I really despaired at the number of Remainers who took it all so seriously and were shaking in their tiny boots not daring do anything other than follow orders which must be obeyed at all times.

Had they been bright enough to recognise it all for the bluff it truly was, I reckon the 2% Leave victory margin would have been closer to 10%.

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 12:54 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983584)
Care to back up that assertion?

It will be fine.

Relax ;)

Wol Jun 25th 2016 12:58 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11983089)
Absolute tosh.

I doubt if Putin cares a toss.The EU will never rival Russia for power as claimed.
It is far too disjointed, fragmented and indecisive and therefore a threat to no one except itself.
The only thing Putin respects is NATO,probably the only reason peace has been maintained since WW2.

Having listened to some interviews from the London area, I certainly got the impression that most Remainers haven't got a clue what Brexit is all about. They got their orders to vote remain based on a small amount of incorrect prejudicial information and that's about all they knew. :cool:

One of the goals of the EU is to have an EU army - it's part of federalism.

The UK and France have the nukes. Whatever the pros and cons of that fact, can any remainer say with hand on heart that having Junker's finger on the button would make anyone sleep easier?

And if not Junker, then what? Rapid reaction entailing bureaucrats' decisions? Summit meetings attended after a day's notice by 27 countries' leaders?

Just one of the EU's ludicrous ambitions.

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:04 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 11983639)
One of the goals of the EU is to have an EU army - it's part of federalism.

The UK and France have the nukes. Whatever the pros and cons of that fact, can any remainer say with hand on heart that having Junker's finger on the button would make anyone sleep easier?

"In fact, EU member states do not want to cede sovereignty on defence policy at all. Decisions on defence and foreign policy require unanimity in the Council of Ministers. That means every single EU country has a veto – and that is why David Cameron has rightly referred to the suggestion of an EU army as “fanciful”.

If you’re voting for Brexit because you think British troops will be called up to an EU army, you’ve been horribly misled | Voices | The Independent

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:08 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11983633)
Interesting to note that Downing Streets predicted Armageddon barely materialised and even then normal service was returned within a few hours.

Sterling fell 7.44% over the day against the dollar. FTSE was down 3.15%, which represents a drop in dollar terms of over 10%. I would expect stock markets to recover somewhat as they often overreact to uncertainty. Not so sure about sterling.

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983636)
It will be fine.

Relax ;)

So nothing to back on your assertion on jobs. Got it.

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 1:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983648)
So nothing to back on your assertion on jobs. Got it.

You think it will be worst forever? c'mon don't BS me... pound will fall then rise fall then rise jobs will be gone jobs will be created.


This isn't LA LA LAND' you know.

(funny.. how the remain side on here are in 'our brexit' thread.)


Cheeky B/\stards the lot of them :rofl:

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:34 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983655)
You think it will be worst forever? c'mon don't BS me... pound will fall then rise fall then rise jobs will be gone jobs will be created.


This isn't LA LA LAND' you know.

I'm not making any claim; I'm asking you to justify the claim you made.


Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983655)
(funny.. how the remain side on here are in 'our brexit' thread.)


Cheeky B/\stards the lot of them :rofl:

'our brexit' thread :confused:

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 1:39 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983658)
I'm not making any claim; I'm asking you to justify the claim you made.



'our brexit' thread :confused:

I never said you made a claim.. wtf?


I wasn't making a claim i saw it on the news... jobs will be gone and be created.

that is a fact.....


You're a Remainer or a Brexiter?

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983662)
I wasn't making a claim i saw it on the news... jobs will be gone and be created.

that is a fact.....

You wrote:


Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983662)
Everything is going to change now,

............
Jobs (fresh new jobs on the way)

... the clear implication being that the change brought on by Brexit would bring new jobs. You mentioned nothing about other jobs being gone in that claim.


Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983662)
You're a Remainer or a Brexiter?

I'm extremely disappointed at the result and suspect that down the road a lot of Brexiters will be extremely disappointed that things they think will be a consequence of Brexit likely won't be.

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 2:02 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983668)
You wrote:



... the clear implication being that the change brought on by Brexit would bring new jobs. You mentioned nothing about other jobs being gone in that claim.



I'm extremely disappointed at the result and suspect that down the road a lot of Brexiters will be extremely disappointed that things they think will be a consequence of Brexit likely won't be.

Ummm The quotes don't prove anything, or you missed the POINT

Jobs are in serious trouble.. but jobs will be created (fact of life)

few knocks and bumps on the way, but hey UK is FREE!


It's not a claim... its obvious jobs will be gone and jobs will be created (feel like a broken record here)


RELAX

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 2:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Just a thought. Remember what I was saying about how the same people would be controlling the exit as controlled the process before the vote?


"The majority of the UK's 650 MPs were in favour of Britain staying in the EU and while they will have to respect the will of the British people, they will not be silent bystanders. There have already been moves among the 450 or so MPs who want to stay in the EU, across the Labour, Conservative, SNP, Plaid Cymru and Green parties, to keep the UK in the single market in any exit negotiations.

This, dubbed "reverse Maastricht", would mean Britain would have to keep its borders open to EU workers and continue paying into EU coffers - which is likely to be unacceptable to most of the 17 million people who voted Leave in the referendum.

They say it would be legitimate for MPs to do this because the Leave campaign has refused to spell out what trading relationship it wants the UK to have with the EU in the future - and it would demonstrate the sovereignty of Parliament the Leavers were so keen to restore.


Brexit: What happens now? - BBC News

moneypenny20 Jun 25th 2016 2:30 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I was really naive in hoping I would never have to hear that bloody word again, wasn't I? :rolleyes:

paulry Jun 25th 2016 2:34 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 11983488)
I would like to congratulate Nigel Farage on this most remarkable victory in the EU referendum. He, more than any other British politician, was responsible for the Tories calling the referendum, and he and his party, UKIP, have worked tirelessly over many years for Britain’s independence. This glorious day, 24th June 2016, will go down in history as the moment the British people finally regained their country from the grip of a dysfunctional organisation in Brussels.

Mister Farage, leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, has worked tirelessly in the face of adversity to bring about Britain’s independence from the Union. He has shown remarkable restraint and courage over the years and his unstinting devotion to Britain and the British people has finally been rewarded with the highest accolade possible: Independence Day.

Congratulations, Mister Farage, on this remarkable, no, stunning, victory that has shaken the Union to its core. History will remember you as the only politician who had the effrontery to look Brussels in the eye and say, NO. I thank not only you but all those millions of hard working low paid British people who voted on that momentous night of 23rd June to finally, after years of wrangling, make Britain a fully independent nation once again.

:goodpost:

Well said! I absolutely agree 100%!

Farage is one of Britain's finest sons. :britflag:

paulry Jun 25th 2016 2:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983600)
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...abroad-america

Sad, but I know what he means. The economy will likely be in a bit of a mess for a while, but it's our culture I fear for. And not so much because Remain won, but because of the way it won.

Oh for crying out loud. You're behaving like a party pooper. Cheer up will you!


Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 2:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983674)
It's not a claim... its obvious jobs will be gone and jobs will be created (feel like a broken record here)

RELAX

So given that this is always true, regardless of the referendum result, it was a meaningless comment. Any opinion on whether Brexit will improve the economy in the short or long term?

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 2:58 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983681)
Just a thought. Remember what I was saying about how the same people would be controlling the exit as controlled the process before the vote?


"The majority of the UK's 650 MPs were in favour of Britain staying in the EU and while they will have to respect the will of the British people, they will not be silent bystanders. There have already been moves among the 450 or so MPs who want to stay in the EU, across the Labour, Conservative, SNP, Plaid Cymru and Green parties, to keep the UK in the single market in any exit negotiations.

This, dubbed "reverse Maastricht", would mean Britain would have to keep its borders open to EU workers and continue paying into EU coffers - which is likely to be unacceptable to most of the 17 million people who voted Leave in the referendum.

They say it would be legitimate for MPs to do this because the Leave campaign has refused to spell out what trading relationship it wants the UK to have with the EU in the future - and it would demonstrate the sovereignty of Parliament the Leavers were so keen to restore.


Brexit: What happens now? - BBC News

Absolutely. The referendum was simply on whether or not to remain in the EU. It's not the responsibility of MPs to go beyond that and divine exactly what voters may or may not want post-Brexit. If I had to bet, I would would say either joining the EEA or ending up with an EEA-like agreement is the most likely outcome. Of course, there are other possibilities such as the EU falling apart from its present form.

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 4:54 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983722)
Absolutely. The referendum was simply on whether or not to remain in the EU. It's not the responsibility of MPs to go beyond that and divine exactly what voters may or may not want post-Brexit. If I had to bet, I would would say either joining the EEA or ending up with an EEA-like agreement is the most likely outcome. Of course, there are other possibilities such as the EU falling apart from its present form.

So essentially, things stay the same only more expensive, with less control by us, or Europe falls apart and we're all left with the fall out of that. If people think that that we have migrant problems now, just wait until the EU countries are no longer cooperating because there is no EU.

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 4:56 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11983690)
I was really naive in hoping I would never have to hear that bloody word again, wasn't I? :rolleyes:

Yes, sorry. Another two years at the very least I should think.

SultanOfSwing Jun 25th 2016 5:23 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11983690)
I was really naive in hoping I would never have to hear that bloody word again, wasn't I? :rolleyes:

You and me both.


Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983777)
So essentially, things stay the same only more expensive, with less control by us, or Europe falls apart and we're all left with the fall out of that. If people think that that we have migrant problems now, just wait until the EU countries are no longer cooperating because there is no EU.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ...

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 5:48 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/c...8_thomtank.png

Red Eric Jun 25th 2016 8:00 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Here's a strange thing.

There was a lot of talk prior to the referendum about how the EU doesn't allow the wrong result. Get it wrong, do it again. Brexiter after Brexiter said it, over and over again.

But there's been absolutely no sign of that so far. It looks pretty merciless on the EU side, actually. They're gunning for an immediate start to the exit terms negotiating process while the UK wants to hang back. They're obviously going to keep this pressure on and whenever the process starts the EU holds all the cards. My own feeling, having followed the Greek negotiations last year, is that they'll deliberately drag things out to end up without agreement within the legal time limit and then make the UK sweat on some sort of unfavourable compromise.

EMR Jun 25th 2016 8:27 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
We are a country divided,

The majority of under 40,s who voted , those who will pay the price of whatever happens are pro remain.
The majority of middle class better educated pro remain.

The older and older working class voter pro brexit.

The negotiation should be based on achieving the best terms for those who lives will be most affected for the next generation and not satisfying the prejudices of many of those who voted brexit.
Those in deprived areas of the UK will see little or any difference to their lives whatever happens.

EMR Jun 25th 2016 8:31 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 11983694)
:goodpost:

Well said! I absolutely agree 100%!

Farage is one of Britain's finest sons. :britflag:

Farage has no say in the future direction of the UK, no say in the negotiations. He is just a MEP serving out his notice.

If anything good does come out of this it will be that Nige is now a spent force .

EMR Jun 25th 2016 9:09 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
The fun is starting,

Junker has called for an immediate start to the exit negotiations not at our convenience.

Moodys has downgraded its UK economic rating.

The mayor of Calais is calling for the UK border to be moved back to our side of the channel.

In the welsh assembly the ukip nutter is caalling for the UK government to ensure that Wales does not lose a single penny of the fumding it gets from the EU.
No doubt all the other deprived regions, industries farmers etc will be demanding the same as the price for brexit.
Simple question WTF is all that money supposed to come from, does anyone in brexit have a clue ?

TGA Jun 25th 2016 9:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11983933)
The fun is starting,

Junker has called for an immediate start to the exit negotiations not at our convenience.

Moodys has downgraded its UK economic rating.

The mayor of Calais is calling for the UK border to be moved back to our side of the channel.

In the welsh assembly the ukip nutter is caalling for the UK government to ensure that Wales does not lose a single penny of the fumding it gets from the EU.
No doubt all the other deprived regions, industries farmers etc will be demanding the same as the price for brexit.
Simple question WTF is all that money supposed to come from, does anyone in brexit have a clue ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Me9mXFljZP...%27t+panic.PNG

calm down we have up to 2 years to make the transition. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:05 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.