British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

JamesM Oct 29th 2016 1:44 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12090084)
It's the stuff of true Britishness


Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12090099)
The Marmite was OK, I just couldn't buy into all the hype I guess.



Surely that would be fish and chips?

Cornish Pasty!

DaveLovesDee Oct 29th 2016 1:56 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12090214)
There will be riots if tea goes up

Maybe someone should dump it all in Rotterdam port as a protest? :p

TGA Oct 29th 2016 7:14 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I've just thought of a new word

Brexsteria
psychological disorder effecting "remoaners" characterized by exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement often accompanied with urinary incontinence

amideislas Oct 29th 2016 7:23 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
We'll give you the honour of having both invented it, and exemplifying it.

Fredbargate Oct 29th 2016 7:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12090219)
Cornish Pasty!

Made in Devon?

paulry Oct 29th 2016 9:09 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I see that poisonous bastard Bliar is still up to his mischief.

Downing Street rejects Tony Blair’s call for second Brexit vote, saying he speaks only ‘for himself’ | The Independent

paulry Oct 29th 2016 9:14 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Ami: Read this and weep! :cry_smile:

Brexit: UK economic performance defies dire predictions of Project Fear campaign | UK | News | Daily Express

EMR Oct 29th 2016 9:17 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12090312)

Another brexiter with dense cranium syndrome who actually thinks brexit has happened.
Quoting the Express is the classis symptom of this complaint which is sadly incurable.

Red Eric Oct 29th 2016 9:20 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12089846)
So, it's either a guarantee of fiscal support, or a guarantee (with strong compelling evidence) that the UK will not be leaving the single market. And we know what that means: Brexit might not exactly mean Brexit?

la mancha seemed perfectly content, in a post a day or two back, with the notion of the UK paying a fee for access (I assume partial?) to the single market.

I thought it a bit odd for the same reason, given that it would break at least 2 of what I thought were the aims of Brexit.

amideislas Oct 29th 2016 9:31 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I don't want to have to sanitize my tablet after reading it.

Besides, the headline is the most important part of daily express articles (as you guys already know).

Bermudashorts Oct 29th 2016 9:55 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12090313)
Another brexiter with dense cranium syndrome who actually thinks brexit has happened.
Quoting the Express is the classis symptom of this complaint which is sadly incurable.

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Brexit hasn't hsppened yet. You know it, I know it, Paulry knows it. And whats more, you know we all know this.

Seems all you Remoaners can do is come out with silly comments like that which you know are untrue because you have no other response to the lack of brewing recession / Armageddon as you predicted and so wish for. Because you do know markets and businesses factor in future events don't you?

Red Eric Oct 29th 2016 10:00 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 12090326)
Seems all you Remoaners can do is come out with silly comments ...

Rich, coming from one of a group who can never bring themselves to stick to simply "Remainer".

EMR Oct 29th 2016 10:27 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 12090326)
I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Brexit hasn't hsppened yet. You know it, I know it, Paulry knows it. And whats more, you know we all know this.

Seems all you Remoaners can do is come out with silly comments like that which you know are untrue because you have no other response to the lack of brewing recession / Armageddon as you predicted and so wish for. Because you do know markets and businesses factor in future events don't you?

We will see when brexit actually happens, as I have said many times if it does imorove the lot if those at the bottom in terms of income and prosperity I will be delighted as I will if UK manufacuring jobs return.
But I expect neither will happen.
If the deal still includes free access to the EU markets that will also be a sensible move but until we are in the EU with all the benefits to the economy that gives which are reflected in these short term economic results.
It would help your argument if your fellow brexiters stopped using the headlines of a paper regarded as a comic by the majority of the UK population .

Dick Dasterdly Oct 29th 2016 10:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Romania tells EU - stop asking us for cash and make some yourselves! | World | News | Daily Express

Good point.

Sadly it will never happen.

The parasites in Brussels will continue to sit back and live in luxury paying themselves as much as three times the wages of those in equivalent jobs elsewhere,
whilst those in the poorer countries struggle to survive under harsh Eu imposed austerity measures.

Socialism Eu style.

What a wonderful example.

NOT. :thumbdown:

amideislas Oct 29th 2016 10:34 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 12090326)

Seems all you Remoaners can do is come out with silly comments

Erm, You, Dick, Paury, and others' narratives are often the very definition of silliness. Then there's Vex and TGA, whose narratives are often incomprehensible.

As an added plus, in addition to that, you guys apparently subscribe to hypocrisy as well, accusing everyone else of your own behaviour.

It follows a clear pattern that's been part of the Brexit camp all along. Consider for just one example, "Project fear". A label applied to remainers by the leave camp, whose platform was based largely on inciting fear - of Europe, of foreigners, of anything resembling progressive modernity..


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:14 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.