British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

paulry Oct 27th 2016 7:53 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12089101)

Another baldy! :thumbsup:

SultanOfSwing Oct 27th 2016 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12089115)
Another baldy! :thumbsup:

Patrick Stewart is a national treasure.

paulry Oct 27th 2016 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12089072)

:lol: They look like Remainacs

paulry Oct 27th 2016 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12089118)
Patrick Stewart is a national treasure.

Unlike yourself

SultanOfSwing Oct 27th 2016 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12089126)
Unlike yourself

Well, I wasn't Captain Picard for a start.

You, on the other hand, you did the absolute best thing anyone has ever done for the UK. You left it.

EMR Oct 27th 2016 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12089078)

Still not getting are you, we have NOT LEFT. Yet.
Are all leavers as thick as you.
You will have every right to gloat in 3 years or so if we have a hard brexit and nothimg negative happens.

sir_eccles Oct 27th 2016 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12089076)
How many times do we have to tell you, news of any potential post-Brexit success for the UK is ****ing good news. However, we're still pre-Brexit. Until it actually happens we've no bloody idea what the actual implications will be.

Which is oddly enough the same thing Theresa May thinks.

SultanOfSwing Oct 27th 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12089170)
Still not getting are you, we have NOT LEFT. Yet.
Are all leavers as thick as you.
You will have every right to gloat in 3 years or so if we have a hard brexit and nothimg negative happens.

Molasses isn't as thick as he is.

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 12089174)

Funny how that works out, eh?

Dick Dasterdly Oct 27th 2016 10:07 pm

The end of civilisation as we know it was originally forecast by the Remoaners, doomongers plus Dodgy Dave and co, to happen immediately after a pro Brexit vote.

It didn't.
Nor did it happen within a few more days.
Nor did it happen within a few more weeks
Nor has it happen within a few more months.

At least Cameron did the right thing for the first time in his life and fell on his sword.

Meanwhile the Remoaners and Brit haters are desperately waiting and hoping for the sky to fall in and put them out of their prolonged misery.

The plain fact is that life will continue as normal, providing Clinton doesn't trigger WW3 of course.
We shall continue to trade with Eu countries one way or another, with zilch negative effect, as little doubt old Junkie and Tuskie have by now come to realise that all their frothing at the mouth and hot air is a total waste of time, the already failing Eu being by far the biggest losers if an agreement and transition beneficial to all does not occur.

JamesM Oct 28th 2016 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12089232)
The end of civilisation as we know it was originally forecast by the Remoaners, doomongers plus Dodgy Dave and co, to happen immediately after a pro Brexit vote.

It didn't.
Nor did it happen within a few more days.
Nor did it happen within a few more weeks
Nor has it happen within a few more months.

That's what I find bizarre about you.

"I voted Brexit and civilisation hasn't ended so I was correct".

At what point do you think this makes you sound intelligent and how is this at any point some sort of victory? Who was your victory against and what have you actually proven?

This was a serious vote. You've only proven one thing and I don't need to write what that is. ;)

JamesM Oct 28th 2016 1:43 am

Originally Posted by sir_eccles (Post 12089174)

Theresa May's only strategy is to try and push Brexit through by the next election to secure 17 million votes for a proper term.

By then people will be so disenchanted she'll have no chance. Either the Tory's will be ousted or she will have been ousted as leader.

If the activation of Article 50 slides over an election term it'll be killed by the victor's mandate.

amideislas Oct 28th 2016 5:34 am

This should bring a bit of glee to some of the brexiteers here.

‘Sprich kein Deutsch’: Germans fear for place in post-Brexit Britain

If this keeps up, those pesky foreigners will just up sticks and go back to their little banana republics without having to kick them out.

TGA Oct 28th 2016 5:43 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12089419)
This should bring a bit of glee to some of the brexiteers here.

‘Sprich kein Deutsch’: Germans fear for place in post-Brexit Britain

If this keeps up, those pesky foreigners will just up sticks and go back to their little banana republics without having to kick them out.

“If you are out with the children, maybe don’t speak German too loudly at the moment.”
there you go then.. conclusive proof the brexit has turned Britain into a racist hell hole.

In the real world, my mrs (annoyingly) always speaks swedish to my kids when out and about and has never once experienced any hostility.

amideislas Oct 28th 2016 6:55 am

It's not exactly a secret or old news. This is just the latest - a few hours old.

The Poles looking to leave the UK after Brexit - BBC News

Look, this is how Brexit was promoted. It shouldn't come as a shock. Leave won, remember?

TGA Oct 28th 2016 7:23 am

Hold the front page we have found another case of someone being told not to speak their own language � ����