British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mrken30 Oct 27th 2016 3:32 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

There is only so much money to keep the large companies. I guess a lot depends how much is gained from selling off the banks the Government acquired.

The Be-leavers keep believing all is well and there are no consequences.

Fredbargate Oct 27th 2016 3:34 pm

Lion in Winter Oct 27th 2016 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12088859)
So basically back we go to the '70s and the public support of would-be lame-duck industries.

Leavers hankering after the good old days will be happy.

Even if we just go back to now, it comes to the same thing. We are just paying in by paying companies directly, instead of being a part of the European community and reaping the benefits that way. We are running to stand still.

And all those EU "laws" will be British laws soon.

And EU immigration will likely stay the same in terms of numbers, at the very least, and just be called something else like "getting a work visa."

What's the point?

mrken30 Oct 27th 2016 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12088903)

And EU immigration will likely stay the same in terms of numbers, at the very least, and just be called something else like "getting a work visa."

What's the point?

Except for the NHS, why would you go through the pain of getting a work visa for the UK when you can earn double by going to the US, Canada, Australia and many other countries. The NHS has far too many European workers for s sustainable model under Brexit. Too many hurdles have be implemented to encourage UK youngsters to go into nursing.

DaveLovesDee Oct 27th 2016 5:12 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12088891)

It's ironic that you post I'm a Believer, and the next song suggestion is Daydream Believer.

DaveLovesDee Oct 27th 2016 5:44 pm

Banks Likely to Lose Passporting With Brexit, Official Says

Global banks will probably lose their current legal rights to provide services in the European Union after Brexit, the U.K.’s trade minister said in the most detailed outline yet of the government’s thinking.
U.K. Needs to Give Banks Clarity on Brexit Future or Face Exodus

Looks like Nissan got their guarantees before the banks did......

TGA Oct 27th 2016 5:48 pm

Any news on Nissan today?

TGA Oct 27th 2016 5:49 pm

GPD anyone?

TGA Oct 27th 2016 5:50 pm

moan moan moan
http://i1.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-...sion.png?w=787

TGA Oct 27th 2016 5:52 pm

David Cameron: “The job you do, the home you live in are at risk. The shock to our economy after leaving Europe would tip the country into recession.”
FAIL
George Osborne: “A vote to leave would tip our economy into year-long recession with at least 500,000 UK jobs lost”
FAIL
Treasury: “UK economy would fall into recession”, predicted 2016 Q3 growth between -0.1% and -1%
FAIL

Bank of England: Mark Carney said “It would be likely to have a negative impact in the short term… I certainly think that would increase the risk of recession.”
FAIL
OECD: Short term impact of -1.25% GDP
FAIL

mrken30 Oct 27th 2016 5:54 pm

looks like Nissan didn't cost any money

A senior Nissan Europe executive, Colin Lawther, said the company had received "no special deal".

Nissan to build new models in Sunderland - BBC News

Red Eric Oct 27th 2016 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12088706)
Roberto Azevedo, head of the World Trade Organisation, said yesterday that he was confident Brexit would not cause disruption to the UK’s trading relationships. ‘The less turbulence the better,’ he said. ‘The global economy today is not in the best of shape for us to be introducing turbulence.’ He said that he will be working very hard – I will work very intensely to ensure that this transition is fast and smooth.

Azevedo eh? Sounds a bit foreign, so I guess the UK government won't be setting too much store in his pronouncements. In fact, as head of the WTO he also comes across as one of the elites, as well as possibly being an expert, so definitely not one to take a lot of notice of in government circles and highly dubious as a source of comment for Leavers in general, I'd have thought.

Isn't the country supposed to be being run by ordinary, down-to-earth, honest-to-goodness, hard-working types these days?

mrken30 Oct 27th 2016 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12089029)
David Cameron: “The job you do, the home you live in are at risk. The shock to our economy after leaving Europe would tip the country into recession.”
FAIL
George Osborne: “A vote to leave would tip our economy into year-long recession with at least 500,000 UK jobs lost”
FAIL
Treasury: “UK economy would fall into recession”, predicted 2016 Q3 growth between -0.1% and -1%
FAIL

Bank of England: Mark Carney said “It would be likely to have a negative impact in the short term… I certainly think that would increase the risk of recession.”
FAIL
OECD: Short term impact of -1.25% GDP
FAIL

We will see the effect on GDP in a few months.

United Kingdom GDP | 1960-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

EMR Oct 27th 2016 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12088698)
Nissan to build new models in Sunderland - BBC News

Yet another remoaner fallacy bites the dust.

Can't be many left now.

Another fantasy of yours Dick proof you do not keep up with events. Nissan are in discussion with the UK government who will compensate them if we exit the EU free trade agreement.
Nissan cannot lose out but the UK taxpayer could.
Hopefully the UK will see sense and reach agreement to continue tarrif free trade with the EU.

EMR Oct 27th 2016 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12089027)

When did brexit happen, dates please, as far as I know article 50 has not been implimented, no date for the UK to exit and no terms reach on agreement.
We are still in the EU and life continues as before.
How has your life changed as it has not for the 65million plus of the rest of us.