British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Oct 26th 2016 11:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12086718)
I can just imagine the Brothel ladies having a whip round,(no pun intended:lol:), to raise funds to repay the EU, there again maybe not.:huh:

Much more likely I think would be repayment by "services rendered".

I can just imagine old Junkie and Tuskie standing at the head of the queue.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

They shoukd send it to the NHS as it will not be getting the EU money that the lieing brexit campIgn promised.

amideislas Oct 26th 2016 11:17 am

Anyway...

I thought Carney might be on his way out. The only adult left in the room. Unfortunately, he doesn't subscribe to the delusion. And that makes him an enemy (he's already a "foreigner", and that's bad enough).

I expect Hammond will be the next casualty.

Carney Keeps Us Guessing - Bloomberg
The governor says he still needs time to reflect on whether to stay.

But Carney won’t commit. He said yesterday he’d like some time to mull it over:
“It’s an entirely personal decision. No one should read anything into that decision in terms of government policy,'' he said. "Like everyone, I have personal circumstances which I have to manage.''
It's a role that requires "total attention, devotion and I intend to give it for as long as I can,” he said.

Carney also signaled that inflation may scupper any more rate cuts. The pound rallied.

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/.../v2/488x-1.png

The View From Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman sees “nothing good about Brexit.” The firm will have to move some employees out of London and also leave more capital stranded abroad, he said yesterday in an interview with Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait at Bloomberg’s The Year Ahead Summit.
“Now we’re going to have to have our headquarters in Europe, in addition. We are probably going to have to have, with our legal entities there, more capital and liquidity trapped in those legal entities. None of this is good.”

Thousands of Vauxhall of jobs at risk as owner General Motors takes $400m loss from pound value crash
US car giant prepared to 'take whatever action is necessary' after taking $400m hit from the pound's value crash

The Detroit-based car maker will decide in the coming months whether to continue making Vauxhall Astras at Ellesmere Port in Cheshire. Vauxhall employs 4,500 people in total at its Ellesmere and Luton plants and its head office.

“The pound sterling has deteriorated further, which creates another headwind for us,” Stevens said. “Breaking even this year is going to be very challenging.”

GM already raised UK prices by 2.5 per cent on 1 October and is looking to cut costs, Stevens said.

Asked if the company was considering permanent restructuring measures in Europe, Mr Stevens said: “Yes. We’ve been spending a lot of time, obviously, with the team in Europe. And I look at the situation in the UK as, you know, a speed bump on our path to where we want to take the business.”

The company said in July that the UK’s plan to exit the European Union could cost it $400 million in this year’s second half, as an expected drop in demand hits its Vauxhall brand.

DaveLovesDee Oct 26th 2016 11:45 am

1 Attachment(s)
Brexit?

Dick Dasterdly Oct 26th 2016 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12086814)
They shoukd send it to the NHS as it will not be getting the EU money that the lieing brexit campIgn promised.

First Brexit made no such promise.
Second the U.K. now has to pay EVEN MORE into the Eu, than was claimed at the time.

Dick Dasterdly Oct 26th 2016 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12086882)
Brexit?

Multiply by a hundred and More like Brussels. :nod:

Dick Dasterdly Oct 26th 2016 12:25 pm

According to Ami it's a bad thing if the pound falls and also if it rises. :confused:

:rofl:

DaveLovesDee Oct 26th 2016 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12086908)
According to Ami it's a bad thing if the pound falls and also if it rises. :confused:

It can be, but for vastly different reasons...

Take an average person's eating habits. Normally their weight is within a healthy range, but if it changes drastically up or down, it's not good. Anorexia or obesity are both extremely unhealthy but for different reasons. And have different treatments.

A gradual rise or fall in the pound against other currencies over a period of months/years isn't a major issue, but massive changes over a short period helps no-one but currency traders.

Red Eric Oct 26th 2016 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12086701)
There you go again.
Try reading the posts properly.

I do try Dick. Really I do. I even opened a couple of Express links recently. And those Times links where the article's behind a paywall so all you get is the headline. And News Chicken. And News Bison. And I've read your comments avidly - I've learnt them off by heart. They help get me to sleep at night - "drunken buffoon", "Mama Merkel", "EU funded BBC", "corrupt, stinking, rotten-to-the-core", "Junckers", "Guardian", "lemmings", "gravy train", "house of cards", "sinking slowly beneath the waves", "lefties", "snouts in the trough", "implosion"................

I said SOME Germans are moving to Hungary to get away from the immigrants and provided supporting links to boot.

Yes - I think someone else pointed out it was about 4 this year.

I also mentioned others who would like to do likewise, but can't afford to do so.

Have they got GoFundMe accounts? I'm sure you and other sympathisers and tut-tutters will be contributing generously.

I also mentioned one German family which moved to Russia for much the same reasons.

One? What a WHOLE one?

amideislas Oct 26th 2016 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12086908)

Huh? Is making shit up your profession? (because you're really lousy at it). Don't quit your day job.

amideislas Oct 26th 2016 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12086917)
I do try Dick. Really I do. I even opened a couple of Express links recently. And those Times links where the article's behind a paywall so all you get is the headline. And News Chicken. And News Bison. And I've read your comments avidly - I've learnt them off by heart. They help get me to sleep at night - "drunken buffoon", "Mama Merkel", "EU funded BBC", "corrupt, stinking, rotten-to-the-core", "Junckers", "Guardian", "lemmings", "gravy train", "house of cards", "sinking slowly beneath the waves", "lefties", "snouts in the trough", "implosion"................

Yes - I think someone else pointed out it was about 4 this year.

Have they got GoFundMe accounts? I'm sure you and other sympathisers and tut-tutters will be contributing generously.
One? What a WHOLE one?

The tabloid credo.

If ONE random person claims something that millions of Brits hope to hear, this constitutes widespread "Fury and outrage" and an entire front page devoted to it. And it sells! They suck it up like a hoover.

I mean, look at Dicky boy. He's the essential Daily Express delusional. And he really believes this stuff. Most troubling though, is there are millions just like him.

Vexcore Oct 26th 2016 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12086882)
Brexit?

MK4 Golf.... looks a lot like my car

hmmmm

:lol:

Red Eric Oct 26th 2016 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12086926)
MK4 Golf.... looks a lot like my car

hmmmm

:lol:

The ultimate in British Patriotism. Extra points for that one in the Bulldog Club, Vex.

Will the new blue British passports be printed somewhere in the EU, do you think - or can the UK manage that one by itself? Or make a bob or 2 outsourcing the job to China or India as part of a new jumbo trade deal and then charging the earth for the finished article?

Red Eric Oct 26th 2016 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12086924)
I mean, look at Dicky boy. He's the essential Daily Express delusional. And he really believes this stuff. Most troubling though, is there are millions just like him.

I have a dreadful feeling you're right there ami. For a while I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, assuming it was mostly a front and done for a wind-up. After all, he can actually string a sentence together for himself, which suggests to me that maybe he isn't actually in their target audience but I've come to realise that it really doesn't seem to matter to him at all if headline and article are entirely at odds or indeed if an article is accessible to read at all.

I'm afraid I've misjudged him completely and I'm beginning to realise I might have said some rather harsh things to him as a result :(

Bipat Oct 26th 2016 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12086932)
The ultimate in British Patriotism. Extra points for that one in the Bulldog Club, Vex.

Will the new blue British passports be printed somewhere in the EU, do you think - or can the UK manage that one by itself? Or make a bob or 2 outsourcing the job to China or India as part of a new jumbo trade deal and then charging the earth for the finished article?

OCI cards are blue--they look like passports--
So they have the materials ready :lol:

Lion in Winter Oct 26th 2016 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12086946)
OCI cards are blue--they look like passports--
So they have the materials ready :lol:

I think we should have the Sikhs make them

:scarper:

(I miss Cov.)