British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Bipat Oct 21st 2016 1:49 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12081785)
Even if you could plant exactly the same bean crop in exactly the same soiul in the UK, duplicate the local weather conditions (or ship the coffee to the UK from India), and brew the coffee with exactly the same water as in India, it won't taste the same in the UK. Try bringing/shipping some beans from India and taste the difference. Even the water temp and method of boiling makes a difference.

Well, I have tasted it in three different States here---it certainly tastes better than any other 'outlet' in the UK. They already export to Vienna. I would hope soon UK!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caf%C3%A9_Coffee_Day

(PS to EMR, they would be employing local low income workers in the UK outlets, just as they do here. Trade benefits BOTH sides not just one!)

Scamp Oct 21st 2016 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12081527)

The Treaty of Utecht particularly article 10.......
.......of the Moors.[/COLOR]

Thanks for posting Fred.:thumbup:

TGA Oct 21st 2016 6:02 am

another remoaner getting schooled in facts

Fredbargate Oct 21st 2016 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12082028)
Thanks for posting Fred.:thumbup:

I should have also included the following

Gibraltar is a British overseas territory located near the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula and overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar, sharing a border with Spain to the north. It is part of the EU, having joined the European Economic Community under the United Kingdom in 1973. Article 355(3) (ex Article 299(4)) applies the treaty to "the European territories for whose external relations a Member State is responsible", a provision which in practice only applies to Gibraltar. Although it is part of the EU, Gibraltar is outside the customs union and VAT area and is exempted from the Common Agricultural Policy; it does not form part of the Schengen Area.[65] As a separate jurisdiction to the UK, Gibraltar's government and parliament are responsible for the transposition of EU law into local law.

There are other "Special cases"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...85land_Islands

TGA Oct 21st 2016 6:34 am

Happy Trafalgar Day
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvRWLFBXYAA7cZ-.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafalgar_Day:britflag:

paulry Oct 21st 2016 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12081886)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So bloody generous of them to give us some of our own money back to be sure.

Best not ask where the rest of it goes mind.

A good point. Call the auditor!

GeniB Oct 21st 2016 7:46 am

Fortunately those three regions weren't dumb enough to fall for the Eu's biggest of all Con Tricks.

Maybe some day someone will get around to explaining to the Remoaners, the true purpose of what appears to be a seemingly pointless exercise.

We can only live in hope that one day the penny will drop.

:cool:

You know Dick... Your so darn knowledgeable about all the 'doings' in Brussels.. the accounts etc..It's almost supernatural... such powers...such insider knowledge . You might almost be leaning over their shoulders.. Why don't you apply your brilliance at accounting to the British Budget' Check out where they are spending your uk pound.?.Do their books balance etc. You never know you might be the one to uncover the next huge scandal. GO DICK !!!:thumbup:

GeniB Oct 21st 2016 7:47 am

What? Get a mistress?...:o

jimenato Oct 21st 2016 8:14 am

Fortunately those three regions weren't dumb enough to fall for the Eu's biggest of all Con Tricks.

Maybe some day someone will get around to explaining to the Remoaners, the true purpose of what appears to be a seemingly pointless exercise.

We can only live in hope that one day the penny will drop.

:cool:

A few months ago my Mrs. joined a golf club. It cost her a few hundred quid and - quite bizarre this - she doesn't get any money back at all - zilch - nada! It actually costs her to be a member - can you believe it? I ask her why she would be so stupid as to pay money in and get no money back and she mumbles something about facilities, costs and so on but I don't really listen, or understand.

I think she should leave and play golf in the rest of the world. It would save her a fortune.

ededed Oct 21st 2016 9:38 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12081971)
You must have a very limited range of material. You keep posting the same crap.

I must have missed the point of that video....

DaveLovesDee Oct 21st 2016 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12082118)
I must have missed the point of that video....

He keeps going on about Juncker being a drunken buffoon. And the video is his evidence.

Beaverstate Oct 21st 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12082120)
He keeps going on about Juncker being a drunken buffoon. And the video is his evidence.

Many sites refer to him as Drunker, lots of video available.

ededed Oct 21st 2016 10:24 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12082120)

Oh right. Fascinating stuff.

Dick Dasterdly Oct 21st 2016 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 12082133)
Many sites refer to him as Drunker, lots of video available.

Precisely. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Oct 21st 2016 10:26 am

Theresa May's EU Brussels summit erupts into argument with Tusk | UK | News | Daily Express

"EU summit erupts: Theresa May stands up to Brussels as argument explodes with Donald Tusk

THERESA May has emphatically stood up to all the EU leaders by saying she will not rubber stamp any agreement the Brussels bloc makes unless Britain was present during negotiations."

Well done Theresa.
The Eu made the choice to play silly buggers.
Time they found out that two can play at that game.