British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Jun 30th 2016 8:07 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11989632)
57.7p a litre? Jesus. That's awfully high.

Having read some of your later posts I think Gibraltar is probably not the best place for you, you must have run out of people to shout at and argue with by now?

I notice you made no mention of alcohol tax

I only argue with or should I say correct trolls

moneypenny20 Jun 30th 2016 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 11989730)

They have but I thought we may have learned from past mistakes rather than repeating them as has happened over the past 4 decades.

Hahahahaha. Bless your naivety.

EMR Jun 30th 2016 9:13 am

Splits in Brexit , Gove has announced he will compete with Boris, May etc for leadership of the Tories.
He does not think that Boris has what is needed to lead the country.
They did not take long to fall out.

Even stranger, Farage in an interview with le Figaro expects that the UK will reach a compromise agreement on free trade with an element of free movement.

Some brexiters must be wondering what they voted for.

Scamp Jun 30th 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 11989733)
I notice you made no mention of alcohol tax

I only argue with or should I say correct trolls

I don't buy booze at the taxed shops. No idea what the rate is at the pump...probably offensively high.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 30th 2016 9:56 am

Yet another Remain fallacy bites the dust. :cool:

Hollande says no sense in scrapping France-Britain border policy | Reuters

EMR Jun 30th 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11989799)

Never a remain fallacy, you should stick to the facts, it is the wish of the local politicians in Calais.
Facts and brexit, not on the same page.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 30th 2016 11:01 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11989806)
Never a remain fallacy, you should stick to the facts, it is the wish of the local politicians in Calais.
Facts and brexit, not on the same page.

Your very own words,
.......if you can decipher them that is......:lol:

"Do you think that th3 french will notcreact to their citizens not being given free access yonlive andcwork in the UK.
Do you think that France would help an anti EU uk restrict entrance the Uk.
It does not want migrants on its territory so why not pass them in to the a ti EU UK."

Assanah Jun 30th 2016 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11989799)

Look, the only thing that one can say is that the UK is very, very lucky that European politician are not taking the British road and start preaching hate against the British. So your are very lucky that cool heads prevail in the EU to deal with the hate that some British citizien express towards the EU and Europeans. And yes, I mean hate. The referendum was in my view a disgusting exercise in spreading hate. I am sorry that the British would follow their leaders down that route. But if hate is what you want the EU answers with reason. So maybe listen to the EU for once and learn.

EMR Jun 30th 2016 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11989863)
Your very own words,
.......if you can decipher them that is......:lol:

"Do you think that th3 french will notcreact to their citizens not being given free access yonlive andcwork in the UK.
Do you think that France would help an anti EU uk restrict entrance the Uk.
It does not want migrants on its territory so why not pass them in to the a ti EU UK."

Following on from the comments from the Calais politicians.
Do keep up Dick.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 30th 2016 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 11989882)
Look, the only thing that one can say is that the UK is very, very lucky that European politician are not taking the British road and start preaching hate against the British. So your are very lucky that cool heads prevail in the EU to deal with the hate that some British citizien express towards the EU and Europeans. And yes, I mean hate. The referendum was in my view a disgusting exercise in spreading hate. I am sorry that the British would follow their leaders down that route. But if hate is what you want the EU answers with reason. So maybe listen to the EU for once and learn.

You mean like all of the threats of consequences and making our lives difficult made against the UK that emanated from Brussels and Germany in the last few weeks before the Referendum.

I for one was not surprised that they turned out to be counter productive.

You reap what you sow. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Jun 30th 2016 11:34 am

d

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11989886)
Following on from the comments from the Calais politicians.
Do keep up Dick.

Just one example of many.

It might be a good idea for you to check up on the previous nonsense you posted before posting more nonsense that contradicts it. :rofl:

Bipat Jun 30th 2016 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 11989882)

So if an individual decides to leave his golf club because he disagrees with the way its officials are managing it, it means that he 'hates' all golfers??

The European Union and Europeans are not the same thing.
Europeans will still come to live and work in the UK as they have always done throughout history, it will be just on an equal basis with those from other parts of the world. Do you have a problem with that or do you 'hate' non-Europeans--yes that is a nonsense statement, just as it is nonsense to claim that Brexit leads to hatred against Europeans.

There have always been a minority of British people that will take any opportunity to express hatred against other races/ religions/ sexuality etc.
They should be condemned but not given too much press attention which just encourages.

EMR Jun 30th 2016 11:57 am

Fact denying again Dick, are you now going to suggest that the Calais local politicians did not want the UK border moved back across the channel.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 30th 2016 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 11989917)
So if an individual decides to leave his golf club because he disagrees with the way its officials are managing it, it means that he 'hates' all golfers??

The European Union and Europeans are not the same thing.
Europeans will still come to live and work in the UK as they have always done throughout history, it will be just on an equal basis with those from other parts of the world. Do you have a problem with that or do you 'hate' non-Europeans--yes that is a nonsense statement, just as it is nonsense to claim that Brexit leads to hatred against Europeans.

There have always been a minority of British people that will take any opportunity to express hatred against other races/ religions/ sexuality etc.
They should be condemned but not given too much press attention which just encourages.

:goodpost:

Personally I have yet to come across anyone who is anti European or hates all Europeans .

As I've said many times, I believe Europe together with its citizens is the most wonderful, diverse and culturally rich continent on the planet.

That is why myself like most European residents am seriously concerned about the path the dictatorial EU itself is following and the damage, unrest and disharmony it is already causing and will no doubt continue to do so until such time as it is stopped in its tracks.

amideislas Jun 30th 2016 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 11989947)
:goodpost:

Personally I have yet to come across anyone who is anti European or hates all Europeans .

As I've said many times, I believe Europe together with its citizens is the most wonderful, diverse and culturally rich continent on the planet.

That is why myself like most European residents am seriously concerned about the path the dictatorial EU itself is following and the damage, unrest and disharmony it is already causing and will no doubt continue to do so until such time as it is stopped in its tracks.

Well, demonstrably, the most "unrest and disharmony" so far has been exhibited by the one member state that enjoys the single most autonomy, independence and sovereignty of them all, bar none. It also happens to be an island nation that was once a world power. Not all that long ago, either.