British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mfesharne Oct 2nd 2016 5:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12066761)
Well that wasn't what the pro-leave campaigns said at all. They were completely certain that terrible things would happen if we stayed within the EU, from "uncontrolled mass migration" to economic collapse from being tied to what they portrayed as a sinking EU.

Now you say they didn't know that at all.

So which is it?

You might like to re-read my posts because I've repeatedly made VERY clear that IMO both sides fed us nothing but BS, propaganda & lies.

But of course, neither side could give much if any fact because they, like everyone else cannot see into the future.

Nice try though. :lol:

amideislas Oct 2nd 2016 5:17 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12066762)
You are all in denial. Over what? A successful Britain?

Well, there's precious little data that suggests anything but a decline (presuming losing the single market, which now looks likely) Again, the only economists predicting any type of economic benefit are "Economists for Brexit", a paid political organisation. And their projections are wildly in contrast with everyone else.

mfesharne Oct 2nd 2016 5:17 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12066753)
2 years is the absolute minimum period.
I suggest you go back to finding racist offensive links, it is more your style?.

Wrong yet again. (I wonder if you get fed up with being wrong so often?)

2 years is the absolute maximum period (without agreement to extend) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...pstbvsru3c.gif

la mancha Oct 2nd 2016 5:25 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12066769)
Well, there's precious little data that suggests anything but a decline (presuming losing the single market, which now looks likely) Again, the only economists predicting any type of economic benefit are "Economists for Brexit", a paid political organisation. And their projections are wildly in contrast with everyone else.


You presume. Not worth a light.

If so there is very little data that suggests anything but a decline for the EU and Eurozone in particular if they cannot access the capital market as easy as they can now. In your world the UK loses. In mine we can all win. I suppose it is all a state of mind.

EMR Oct 2nd 2016 5:26 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12066764)
That's a really easy question to answer. I voted according to the question asked, which was;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...pste4xb8d4.jpg

As Vexcore quite rightly said; "troll on geezer"

That was obviously the limit of your intellectual reasoning.
You asked me why I voted remain, I gave you the reason.
You appear to lack the mental ability to give your reasons.
Yet you were still given a vote !!!

Red Eric Oct 2nd 2016 5:28 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12066562)

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12066481)
There's certainly nastiness and fear-mongering and racism in saying (as the post that sparked this discussion off did) that refugees are "****ing up white culture".

:confused: Are Hillary Clinton and Mama Merkel refugees?

You're telling me that Merkel's face on that and the words underneath weren't a reference to the refugee crisis?

Go on then - explain it to me.

EMR Oct 2nd 2016 5:29 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12066770)
Wrong yet again. (I wonder if you get fed up with being wrong so often?)

2 years is the absolute maximum period (without agreement to extend) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...pstbvsru3c.gif

To think that people like you were given a vote.
The negotiations will go on for possibly years.
As you keep posting, " no one knows," certainly you have no idea.

Red Eric Oct 2nd 2016 5:40 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12066598)
I agree that the details are not known yet. However unless there continues to be 'free movement' for those from EU member countries, the rules will be more equal for non EU migrants than they are now.

So the rules that you said "will be the same", might, in the end, be similar but not necessarily the same (unless freedom of movement is part of the New Deal)? Do I detect a little softening up already?

And when it comes down to it, some of the rules surrounding the movement of peoples within the EU means that they should be treated the same in their new country of residence as the citizens of that country. Changing those rules would allow the UK to treat immigrants differently (or unequally). Does that not get you slightly perturbed in the equality department?

amideislas Oct 2nd 2016 5:46 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12066774)
You presume. Not worth a light.

If so there is very little data that suggests anything but a decline for the EU and Eurozone in particular if they cannot access the capital market as easy as they can now. In your world the UK loses. In mine we can all win. I suppose it is all a state of mind.

I've always said there's no upside for anyone. And that's true. But the deed has been done, so it's not about if, but how to make the best of what's left.

The UK is far more dependent on trade with the EU than the reverse (48% vs. 7.5%). And frankly, the EU has one thing to gain in that UK business will have plenty of motivation to move to the continent. They've been openly saying so. It's not a secret. And Europe is actively encouraging it.

And although UK exports to the EU (largest UK trading partner at 48% of exports) could very well be subject to tariffs, there's little reason to believe exports to the UK (7.5% of European exports) would have tariffs or otherwise be penalised. The UK is all but dependent on them.

The UK is not in a good negotiating position at all. I reckon that's in no small part, the rationale behind leaving it all and starting from scratch in a so-called "hard Brexit". Easier, and not worth farting around trying to get the impossible.

But it does mean a significant economic downsizing.

mfesharne Oct 2nd 2016 5:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12066775)
That was obviously the limit of your intellectual reasoning.
You asked me why I voted remain, I gave you the reason.
You appear to lack the mental ability to give your reasons.
Yet you were still given a vote !!!

Ummmm..... I posted my reasons in the same post I asked you why you voted the way you did.

Troll on geezer! :rofl:

Vexcore Oct 2nd 2016 6:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12066753)
2 years is the absolute minimum period.
I suggest you go back to finding racist offensive links, it is more your style?.

Another one... playing the (Racist Card) - you said it sherlock. :lol:

Nice try, but try harder

Red Eric Oct 2nd 2016 6:01 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12066733)
End of march, so March 2019 fully out. (unless someone takes the piss)

I bet Labour are fuming right now.


WOO HOOO

Almost nothing about this whole shambles is likely to surprise me any more but seriously Vex - how could you have lived through the past few months and ended up thinking it was all about giving one in the eye to Labour?

Apart from anything else, some of your fellow Brexiters think the current Labour leader was really pro Leave.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the March start date yet, either - there's the small matter of the legal challenge to May's self-granted prerogative, which, if successful, means Parliament will be instrumental in deciding if and when Article 50 will be triggered.

EMR Oct 2nd 2016 6:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12066762)
You are all in denial. Over what? A successful Britain?

The reason for this debate comes down simply that remainers believe that the economic success the UK has be been enjoying will be put at risk by brexit.
That brexit will result in a less successful UK.
We WANT a successful UK not one where nothing is assured and that the negatives out weigh the positive.

Vexcore Oct 2nd 2016 6:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12066796)
Almost nothing about this whole shambles is likely to surprise me any more but seriously Vex - how could you have lived through the past few months and ended up thinking it was all about giving one in the eye to Labour?

Apart from anything else, some of your fellow Brexiters think the current Labour leader was really pro Leave.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the March start date yet, either - there's the small matter of the legal challenge to May's self-granted prerogative, which, if successful, means Parliament will be instrumental in deciding if and when Article 50 will be triggered.

Cant stand Labour, look at the current state of it now.... a massive mess. they/well some of them want to block 'brexit'

Still.... they have let the country down since the Blair Years

EMR Oct 2nd 2016 6:22 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12066794)
Another one... playing the (Racist Card) - you said it sherlock. :lol:

Nice try, harder

I do not think it will be too long before you dig up another link from that sewer of sites you inhabit.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:13 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.