British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Vexcore Oct 1st 2016 9:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12065921)
Diversion? Erm, the topic of this thread is "Post Brexit Thread". Vex's little hissy fits are not exactly in any straight line...

Still waiting on that answer love.

;)

jimenato Oct 1st 2016 9:26 am

Vex - probably best not to post after you've had a couple mate.;)

amideislas Oct 1st 2016 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12065925)
Still waiting on that answer love.

;)

Did you ask a question?

Vexcore Oct 1st 2016 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12065933)
Vex - probably best not to post after you've had a couple mate.;)

:lol:

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12065934)
Did you ask a question?

Christ... i give up.

Carry on with ya tactics.

amideislas Oct 1st 2016 9:48 am

A scene from some old comedy just popped into mind.

A guy and his wife driving somewhere on a holiday. She's reading the map, he's driving. Ignoring her advice, he decides to take a "shortcut", turning off on some old side road, which leads them to a steep cliff, where he drives the car off to a precarious position teetering on the edge of the cliff.

"You idiot!" She screams, "I told you not to go this way! What do we do now?!".

"Ahh, don't get yer knickers in a twist, love", he says, "no problem".

So they get out of the car, and he says, " c'mon love, help me push". She says "you can't push the car back on the road, you idiot! It will fall off!".

"Ohh, relax", he says, "see that road down there? We'll just push it over the cliff, walk down and drive off on that road".

"are you brain dead?"

At least that's how I remember it. Funny, it just popped into mind for some reason.

EMR Oct 1st 2016 9:55 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12065916)
Nice diversionary tactics ;)

Diversionary tactics by May, I suspect you are right.

The Tory book " Brexit for Dummies " when she opened it only had blank pages.

DaveLovesDee Oct 1st 2016 9:55 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12065836)
All this talk of partial Brexit and full Brexit. It doesn't matter what you, I or some German woman thinks. Drop the fluff and the interpretations. What did the majority of British voters mark their cross against?

Oh, FFS. No-one is disputing the Leave vote won. What we're trying to do is (as you and others have asked previously) to discus post-Brexit options for continued trading with the EU.

Soft-Brexit and hard-Brexit both still include the word Brexit. No-one is saying or implying either of these means remaining a member of the EU.

And it does matter what I think, and you if you're still registered to vote in the UK. We can tell our elected MP's our views on what kind of Brexit we'd prefer to accept. That's democracy.

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12065853)
Why would the supply line not be guaranteed?
India actually does have cargo planes!!!

It is well known that the drugs bill for the NHS is massive and leads to rationing of expensive cancer drugs for example.

(In reality it is the support services at weekends that are the problem, there is already 7-day working for doctors. Safety needs full level of radiology, blood tests etc.)

The supply line is less guaranteed because of the distances.

Shipping cargo by air is much more expensive than by cargo ship.

Drugs which are cheap in India aren't going to be as cheap in Europe because of the cost of shipping, each stage of transport also adds costs, and the companies will still sell at or near market price because no company wants a price war because they'll all lose profits.

In my opinion, the contracts that were attempted to be imposed on doctors would likely have seen similar imposed on the support departments had it been successful.

EMR Oct 1st 2016 9:58 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12065918)
But he's right

Not touched a nerve, but informed that he and those who think like him inhabit a gutter of ingnorance and intolerance.
Do you really want to be associated with him ?
You are judged by the company you keep or the opinions you support.

TGA Oct 1st 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12065943)
Oh, FFS. No-one is disputing the Leave vote won. What we're trying to do is (as you and others have asked previously) to discus post-Brexit options for continued trading with the EU.

Soft-Brexit and hard-Brexit both still include the word Brexit. No-one is saying or implying either of these means remaining a member of the EU.

And it does matter what I think, and you if you're still registered to vote in the UK. We can tell our elected MP's our views on what kind of Brexit we'd prefer to accept. That's democracy.

Drugs which are cheap in India aren't going to be as cheap in Europe because of the cost of shipping, each stage of transport also adds costs, and the companies will still sell at or near market price because no company wants a price war because they'll all lose profits.

In my opinion, the contracts that were attempted to be imposed on doctors would likely have seen similar imposed on the support departments had it been successful.

Indian made generic drugs are already widely used in the uk and are far cheaper than the big pharma company versions

EMR Oct 1st 2016 10:09 am

Do you mean the hookey versions that turned out to be dangerous as exposed on BBC .

DaveLovesDee Oct 1st 2016 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12065949)
Indian made generic drugs are already widely used in the uk and are far cheaper than the big pharma company versions

Correct.

Although British regulator warns Indian drug companies after data scandal

and Indian drugs: not what the doctor ordered

and also UK backs 700 'made in India' drugs despite EU ban

Bipat Oct 1st 2016 10:12 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12065949)

Agree, but there are lengthy EU marketing rules, which prevent more such use.
(One sticking point in the failed negotiations for the EU-India trade agreement.)
Post Brexit more could be bought from there.

TGA Oct 1st 2016 10:20 am

just shows the regulations in place at the EU didn't work

Bipat Oct 1st 2016 10:22 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12065943)

Drugs are a very light-weight cargo.

Doctors contracts were a very complicated issue, involving out of hours work etc. and other matters (and some rather foolish EU restrictions on hours worked ( affecting surgeons in training for example!)
Support department staff usually work strict shift hours. Obviously more employees working more shifts would be expensive.

Lion in Winter Oct 1st 2016 10:27 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12065902)
Silly you, it's progressive to promote black culture but clearly racist if you promote white. :rolleyes:

Culture doesn't stem from skin pigmentation you nimrod. Honestly, sometimes I worry about you.