British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

paulry Sep 28th 2016 8:49 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12063305)
Oh dear Paulry sticks and stones... You really can't give a straight answer to anything can you.. Not everything is published in four foot capitols in the red and black tops..(so that you can believe it) There is such a thing as confidentiality.

This was an anecdotal story of a personal nature... can you understand that perhaps?

Oh, for crying out loud. :rolleyes: Stop being such a glum guts and join the celebration! :welcome:

DaveLovesDee Sep 28th 2016 8:58 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12063350)
Well there's no point in endlessly crying into your cornflakes is there?

And besides, the sky hasn't fallen in, so get off yer sad arse and partay!!
:drinkingpals::drinkingbeer::santa::drinkingwine:
:xmaspressie::britflag::egyptian::amen:

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12063351)
Oh, for crying out loud. :rolleyes: Stop being such a glum guts and join the celebration! :welcome:

What are you celebrating?

paulry Sep 28th 2016 9:00 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12063354)
What are you celebrating?

Anything lets just cheer this miserable bunch up! :thumbsup:

Vexcore Sep 28th 2016 9:47 am

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.38414...0,070,f.u3.jpg

LOL

amideislas Sep 28th 2016 9:53 am

Meanwhile...

Brexit Bulletin: CEOs Make Plans for Life After Britain | Bloomberg
Banks and businesses aren’t feeling good about what’s coming.

More than three-quarters of chief executive officers are considering moving either their headquarters or some operations outside of Britain, accountancy firm KPMG reports today, citing a survey of 100 business leaders from companies with annual sales of at least £100 million.

Separately, the CBI and PricewaterhouseCoopers report that sentiment in the financial services sector deteriorated in the three months to September. That matters: the Financial Times today estimates that banks which use the U.K. as an EU gateway employ more than 590,000 people and have assets of more than £7.5 trillion.

EMR Sep 28th 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12063382)

Says everything you needed to know about the outdated views of some leavers.

Scamp Sep 28th 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12063350)
Well there's no point in endlessly crying into your cornflakes is there?

And besides, the sky hasn't fallen in, so get off yer sad arse and partay!!
:drinkingpals::drinkingbeer::santa::drinkingwine:
:xmaspressie::britflag::egyptian::amen:

So I should just put my fingers in my ears and pretend everything is going to be OK?

Sorry mate, I live in the real world. I don't want to be unsure and cautious about the future. I'd like to be optimistic but at the moment, when you look at reality and consider things - it's pretty hard to be.

Still, we don't know what the future may hold. Fingers crossed a miracle happens and stuff gets sorted quickly so the UK can move on and develop.

jimenato Sep 28th 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12063385)
Meanwhile...

Brexit Bulletin: CEOs Make Plans for Life After Britain | Bloomberg
Banks and businesses aren’t feeling good about what’s coming.

Moody's recently said that loss of passporting won't be a huge problem for financial companies.

I suspect that that is because they will simply move operations abroad.

paulry Sep 28th 2016 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12063387)
So I should just put my fingers in my ears and pretend everything is going to be OK?

Sorry mate, I live in the real world. I don't want to be unsure and cautious about the future. I'd like to be optimistic but at the moment, when you look at reality and consider things - it's pretty hard to be.

Still, we don't know what the future may hold. Fingers crossed a miracle happens and stuff gets sorted quickly so the UK can move on and develop.

I dunno why you're being so neurotic about it. Nobody knows what the bloody future holds. Ever. I promise you though the world will keep on spinning. :thumbup:

Scamp Sep 28th 2016 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12063439)
I dunno why you're being so neurotic about it. Nobody knows what the bloody future holds. Ever. I promise you though the world will keep on spinning. :thumbup:

Neurotic? Nah, it's just not buying the bullshit that 'everything will be alright' when in reality, it might not.

GeniB Sep 28th 2016 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12063351)

LOL You have SOOOOOOOOO ,much to celebrate in? umm where are you??

I have concerns about my family and friends ..seemingly you just want to gloat over a silly unnecessary vote,taken in haste without any thought process behind it,by utter cowardly idiots.Who then ran away

WE have to live with the consequences that we are just now reporting...You it seems do not.. so please do us all a favour get yer 'tinny' or whatever it is you call it and beetle off.. You have nothing of value to add to a POST Brexit thread

Red Eric Sep 28th 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12060333)
Interesting update here on legal challenges to the government's threat to trigger Article 50 without parliamentary approval. The government, although it proclaims itself confident in the legal arguments that supposedly support this decision, has insisted that the public is not allowed to know what those arguments are. That's democracy in action for you, folks.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...le-50-proposal

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Another update here - a court has decided that we are allowed to know the outline of their arguments after all : https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ples-challenge

And while I'm here, a thought-provoking analysis of the immigration issue (yes, yes, I know it's just an opinion and it's in the much-reviled Graun and they would say that, wouldn't they etc)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-immigration

DaveLovesDee Sep 28th 2016 2:30 pm

Nicolas Sarkozy promises to offer UK chance to change decision on Brexit if he becomes French president

'I would tell the British, you’ve gone out, but we have a new treaty on the table so you have an opportunity to vote again'

amideislas Sep 28th 2016 2:51 pm

Tariffs on UK car exports to Europe would be 'disastrous' for jobs says Jaguar Land Rover boss

Hanno Kirner, Executive Director at JLR, issued the stark warning ahead of the Paris Motor Show

Mr Kirner was speaking openly for many in the industry, including component makers, who talk privately about the danger of jobs going abroad if membership or strong access to the single market is curtailed after Brexit.

If Britain failed to conclude a free trade deal with the rest of the EU and was forced to fall back on basic World Trade Organisation rules, British car exporters could face tariffs of up to 10 per cent.

Both the Brexit Secretary, David Davis, and the International Trade Secretary, Liam Fox, have in recent weeks conceded that WTO rules for the UK could be the ultimate outcome.

Some 57 per cent of the 1.6 million cars made in Britain find buyers in the rest of the EU.

The next largest market is the US (12 per cent), followed by China (7 per cent).

amideislas Sep 28th 2016 2:57 pm

Brexit negotiator hits out at UK ministers' mixed messages

After the foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, a leading light of the leave campaign, said on Tuesday that Britain would be one of the strongest supporters of Turkey’s bid to join the bloc, Verhofstadt expressed his disbelief.

“So Boris Johnson wants to help Turkey join the EU – after he just campaigned for the UK to leave the EU on the basis that Turkey would be joining the EU in the near future,” the former Belgian prime minister wrote on Facebook.