British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 5:39 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Four in Ten Brits Would Sacrifice EU Trade If It Meant Drop In Immigration | Huffington Post

EMR Sep 26th 2016 5:51 pm

Ask them if they would be prepared to lose their jobs and that of their family members.
4 in 10 is not a MAJORITY, so their views do not count.

EMR Sep 26th 2016 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12062062)

Excuses? Thousands of pages of EU business regulations and more coming every month costing British businesses billions over the years, money that could have been put into expansion.

In his Bloomberg speech in 2013 Cameron said he would achieve “a new settlement in which Britain shapes and respects the rules of the single market but is protected by fair safeguards, and free of the spurious regulation which damages Europe’s competitiveness.”

But this is old news.

I take you have liitle contacf with those who are actually in business.
Apart from your local newsagent, that very nice Asian man.
Usual brexit nonesense..
All those EU regs relating to Olive farms and citrus growing must be a real bugger for Uk manufacturers.
Along with health and safety, consumer protection, etc.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 6:06 pm

A View from Germany...

"One of Germany’s most prominent businessmen has said Brexit will be more painful for the rest of Europe than for Britain, and a UK outside of the EU might prove “highly attractive” to foreign investors — in a sharp break with the German consensus on Britain’s post-EU future.
Mathias Döpfner, chief executive of Axel Springer, one of Europe’s largest media companies, said Britain was bound to experience short-term uncertainty as a consequence of its June 23 vote to quit the EU, “but in three to five years from now, my bet would be that Britain will be better off than continental Europe”.
Mr Döpfner said he saw Britain moving towards a “more free market-oriented model, while Europe is step by step transforming into a transfer union” — with funds being channelled from successful states to the struggling ones. “And that can put a lot of investors off.”
“If Britain can create an alternative here, I think that is highly attractive,” he said, in an interview at Axel Springer’s headquarters."

EMR Sep 26th 2016 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12062092)
A View from Germany...

"One of Germany’s most prominent businessmen has said Brexit will be more painful for the rest of Europe than for Britain, and a UK outside of the EU might prove “highly attractive” to foreign investors — in a sharp break with the German consensus on Britain’s post-EU future.
Mathias Döpfner, chief executive of Axel Springer, one of Europe’s largest media companies, said Britain was bound to experience short-term uncertainty as a consequence of its June 23 vote to quit the EU, “but in three to five years from now, my bet would be that Britain will be better off than continental Europe”.
Mr Döpfner said he saw Britain moving towards a “more free market-oriented model, while Europe is step by step transforming into a transfer union” — with funds being channelled from successful states to the struggling ones. “And that can put a lot of investors off.”
“If Britain can create an alternative here, I think that is highly attractive,” he said, in an interview at Axel Springer’s headquarters."

Can you find a quote from a business man who actuall produces something.
Keep up your anti German rhetoric Dick and those who think like you might find that Thyssen Krupp walks away from the deal to buy Tata steel.

GeniB Sep 26th 2016 8:35 pm

Friends son has just lost his 'extremely secure job' because the majority of his clients are In the EU ,mainly Germany.. Company is now downsizing in preparation for a move come Brexit

paulry Sep 26th 2016 8:39 pm

A View from Germany...

Thanks, an interesting opinion about what the EU is increasingly being seen to be becoming: Embarking on reactive "firefighting" rather than proactive growing of the EU economies. The same with so much of what the EU is doing these days, they're running around like headless chickens without a coherant plan just some fuzzy notion that more EU is the answer.

la mancha Sep 26th 2016 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12062079)
I take you have liitle contacf with those who are actually in business.
Apart from your local newsagent, that very nice Asian man.
Usual brexit nonesense..
All those EU regs relating to Olive farms and citrus growing must be a real bugger for Uk manufacturers.
Along with health and safety, consumer protection, etc.

What a nasty little man you are.

It is not Brexit nonsense. Cameron, the bloke you voted for, said it.

Red Eric Sep 26th 2016 9:07 pm

A View from Germany...

Dear oh dear :(

Do we have to put up with Axel Bloody Springer (again :rolleyes:)?

You might as well quote Nigel Twattin' Farage :ohmy: or Arron Freakin' Banks :eek::eek:.

paulry Sep 26th 2016 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12062206)
Friends son has just lost his 'extremely secure job' because the majority of his clients are In the EU ,mainly Germany.. Company is now downsizing in preparation for a move come Brexit

It couldn't have been that secure if he's lost his job before article 50 has even been triggered - after which there will still be two years before exit actually happens.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 10:24 pm

Mark Carney admits Bank of England was too negative about Brexit | UK | News | Daily Express

Another one of Cameron's lying lackeys found out.

Quite a few calls for him to resign I see.

EMR Sep 26th 2016 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12062217)
What a nasty little man you are.

It is not Brexit nonsense. Cameron, the bloke you voted for, said it.

Is that the limit of your response.
During the months before the campaign had numerous discussions with owners of their own business, some milti million pound turnover companies.
Not all were enthusisastic about remaining but not one regarded the regulations under which they trade, their legal responsibilities to employees and customers as a major complications.

Thats the real world not politics.
In the new world of brexit little if anything will change.
Consumer protection, health and safety and a multitude of other regs will stay on the books.
The UK government will continue to add new ones.

EMR Sep 26th 2016 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12062279)
Mark Carney admits Bank of England was too negative about Brexit | UK | News | Daily Express

Another one of Cameron's lying lackeys found out.

Quite a few calls for him to resign I see.

The Express again, don,t you ever learn.
.some of us actually read your links.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12062296)
The Express again, don,t you ever learn.
.some of us actually read your links.

That's good to know. :thumbup:

I guess you've finally realised that shooting the messenger doesn't make the facts disappear. :cool:

Scamp Sep 27th 2016 4:38 am

"Four in Ten Brits would cut their own nose off to not live near a brown person or a Muslim"