British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 26th 2016 11:51 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12061732)
That's a part of the condition, lots of remainers simply cannot comprehend what Brexit actually means,

No brexiter does either, not even our government knows .

Scamp Sep 26th 2016 11:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12061689)
But this is it, why are you so angry all the time? Three months after the referendum and plenty of remainers are still raging. I believe there is indeed a mental condition that has been triggered and we have some very clear sufferers on this thread.

As for your comment about the positive and negative effects, sure everyone will feel it no matter which way you voted so you might as well unite and brace yourself for the white knuckle ride. There'll be ups and downs but the destination will be a better, stronger, independent Britain. Stop stressing about it and relax....

I'm angry at the arrogance and ignorance displayed by some people (not just on here)...that everything will be alright and that we will somehow magically be better off without the EU. I'm all for a gamble but I fear what the odds would be for the UK to emerge from this better off than it was before.

I'm also angry that both sides blatantly lied about a lot and I'm angry that voters were allowed to put pen to paper in such circumstances (myself included).

Now I can let the second bit go about the lies, I can try my best to ignore the idiots (which works both ways) but the gamble and the rhetoric about how great we will be after is just rubbish. Nobody knows. If it is suddenly apparent that we've become even more of a global superpower then I'll eat my hat. Blindly believing in that is akin to being religious; good for you but tell people about it because plenty will disagree, you have no proof and 'believing' something doesn't mean it's real.

Either which way, I am in total agreement with you that there will be ups and downs and I do actually think the Brits, despite heated debates, will always end up pulling together like communists for the greater good. We don't implode. Unless it's football.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 11:57 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Brexit: Why the Single Market is the problem – not the solution because of EU regulation and trade deficits | City A.M.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 12:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Post-Brexit: UK trade pessimists should reconsider – we're in a better position than ever | City A.M.


Well worth a read.

:nod:

EMR Sep 26th 2016 12:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061751)

So is today Reuters UK although I doubt you will.

Thank you for your repeated confirmation of just how well the UK is still doing within the EU.

Scamp Sep 26th 2016 12:09 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061751)

Lots of if's and maybe's and could's but interesting nonetheless.

DaveLovesDee Sep 26th 2016 12:19 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061728)
BRITAIN is EXITING the EU.

For those with basic comprehension problems, Britain is doing no such thing.

A majority vote to Leave the EU happened, but no-one has triggered A50 yet. Until the PM or Parliament does, nothing had actually changed re: our relationship with the EU.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 12:31 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Goodbye EU, goodbye austerity Britain

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 12:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12061777)
For those with basic comprehension problems, Britain is doing no such thing.

A majority vote to Leave the EU happened, but no-one has triggered A50 yet. Until the PM or Parliament does, nothing had actually changed re: our relationship with the EU.

A lot has changed.

It has clearly been accepted by both our Govt and the Brussels regime that we are leaving.

We no longer participate in the main Eu meetings, (after the Bratislava bust up thank God for that), had we attended I imagine it would all have been our fault.

:cool:


Splitting hairs again Dld, :cool:

DaveLovesDee Sep 26th 2016 1:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061811)
Splitting hairs again Dld

When did we trigger A50?

Dick Dasterdly Sep 26th 2016 1:34 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12061846)
When did we trigger A50?

Regardless of when we choose to pull the trigger, it's a mere formality in the course of the various proceedings which as I pointed out have already begun.

Red Eric Sep 26th 2016 2:03 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061796)

That is one outcome I would really like to see - however, I sincerely doubt it will be coming about any time soon.

I have to say, I am continually astounded by who is now popping up left, right and centre to tell us all that austerity is a Very Bad Thing and how it's all been caused by the EU. Apart from the bleedin' obvious ie that the UK is completely free of the EZ constraints and therefore able to deal with shocks to the economy in vastly different ways, those who are claiming this are the very same people who will cling stubbornly to precisely the same sort of politics of which austerity is a central part.

I don't believe that Redwood or you, Dick, or eg la mancha doing all the hand-wringing about the low waged would advocate anything other than the small state, free market, "liberalisation", "deregulation", balanced budget, low inflation etc politics and economics which are typical of this so-called austerity and which have had the overarching effect of widening the gap between the haves and the have-nots.

It's only recently caught on as another stick to beat the EU with but Osborne was perfectly happy to preach it and there are plenty who like to think of it as "living within your means" as opposed to austerity. There'll be plenty more of it to come under this government (indeed particularly under this government, I believe - I can't see the likes of May suddenly turning away from neoliberalism).

EMR Sep 26th 2016 2:03 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061852)
Regardless of when we choose to pull the trigger, it's a mere formality in the course of the various proceedings which as I pointed out have already begun.

Whe will they be completed as you seem to have more knowledge than just about every commentator and our government.

Red Eric Sep 26th 2016 2:06 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12061852)
Regardless of when we choose to pull the trigger, it's a mere formality in the course of the various proceedings which as I pointed out have already begun.

Before that, there's the mere formality of getting through the legal challenge to Mrs May's decision that she alone has the power to invoke it. And if that's successful, there's the little formality of getting Parliament to agree to it, which they might not do until some sort of a plan has been presented to them. Anyone know how that's coming along? I believe Boris has some interesting ideas but it's not clear whether he's allowed to express them in public yet.

Lion in Winter Sep 26th 2016 2:33 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12061874)
I have to say, I am continually astounded by who is now popping up left, right and centre to tell us all that austerity is a Very Bad Thing and how it's all been caused by the EU. Apart from the bleedin' obvious ie that the UK is completely free of the EZ constraints and therefore able to deal with shocks to the economy in vastly different ways, those who are claiming this are the very same people who will cling stubbornly to precisely the same sort of politics of which austerity is a central part.

I don't believe that Redwood or you, Dick, or eg la mancha doing all the hand-wringing about the low waged would advocate anything other than the small state, free market, "liberalisation", "deregulation", balanced budget, low inflation etc politics and economics which are typical of this so-called austerity and which have had the overarching effect of widening the gap between the haves and the have-nots.

This.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:14 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.