Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Post EU Referendum

Germany's problems are mostly self inflicted.

I only hope we have enough common sense to avoid a similar fate, bearing in mind of course that if we don't take sufficient precautions, Germany's problems could well become our problems also.
Old Sep 25th 2016, 11:39 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post

I only hope we have enough common sense to avoid a similar fate, bearing in mind of course that if we don't take sufficient precautions, Germany's problems could well become our problems also.
How, as I previously posted, if I want to indulge in fantasy I watch Game of Thrones.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:24 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne View Post
Soppy personal insults simply make you appear childish so why not try to behave in an grown up manner & rather debate the subject in hand like a rational adult?

The majority voted to leave not to leave with or without any condition or preconditon etc therefore he was quite right.

The vote to leave was exactly that...... even if it does mean to walk away from everything that comes with EU membership.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a fair exit deal negotiated in a timely manner..... but I believe that Brexit should be the overriding factor not the exit deal..... And if you look at the question asked, that's exactly what people voted for.
Very wise words, well put
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:28 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that must be a huge drag on the German economy.

According to the latest figures from the German Labor Office, about 346,000 people with asylum status were seeking jobs in Germany in August. With 100 migrants actually employed, that's an unemployment rate of about 99.97%.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
How would you know, Dicky.boy? You haven't yet offered one opinion of Germany which remotely resembles reality on the ground. You are absolutely clueless.
Do you accept that 346,000 people with asylum status were seeking jobs in Germany in August and 100 migrants were actually employed? And if you don't what are the true figures?
Old Sep 26th 2016, 5:29 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if that's true or not (it is a zerohedge piece after all). Even if it is true, it's probably a good thing she's actively trying to do something about it.

But unfortunately, it doesn't make Germany the pit of despair he wishes it could be. Sorry.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 5:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Soppy personal insults simply make you appear childish so why not try to behave in an grown up manner & rather debate the subject in hand like a rational adult?

The majority voted to leave not to leave with or without any condition or preconditon etc therefore he was quite right.

The vote to leave was exactly that...... even if it does mean to walk away from everything that comes with EU membership.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a fair exit deal negotiated in a timely manner..... but I believe that Brexit should be the overriding factor not the exit deal..... And if you look at the question asked, that's exactly what people voted for.
Ah the old "The majority voted to leave" - shall I? Ooh it's tempting. Only kidding.

What's worrying is that a fair deal is what everyone now has to hope for, but isn't what the winning vote secured. As you say, the vote is a cut-nose-spite-face sort of result. Leave the EU, **** immigrants, take back control, NHS 350m etc etc doesn't at any point really give the public the information they need to really grasp what the end game might be.

So, if we, as a unified and positive nation negotiate really well who will end up unhappy? Brexiters or Remoaniacers (or whatever hilarious name we have now)?

I honestly think we'll end up in the middle somewhere and both sides will claim victory. The battle will ensue, the shit will continue to be flung and idiots from all corners will continue to be idiots.

Talking of which...

What about Turkey though?
800 MILLION TURKS ARE COMING TO GET YOU
Old Sep 26th 2016, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Ah the old "The majority voted to leave" - shall I? Ooh it's tempting. Only kidding.

What's worrying is that a fair deal is what everyone now has to hope for, but isn't what the winning vote secured. As you say, the vote is a cut-nose-spite-face sort of result. Leave the EU, **** immigrants, take back control, NHS 350m etc etc doesn't at any point really give the public the information they need to really grasp what the end game might be.

So, if we, as a unified and positive nation negotiate really well who will end up unhappy? Brexiters or Remoaniacers (or whatever hilarious name we have now)?

I honestly think we'll end up in the middle somewhere and both sides will claim victory. The battle will ensue, the shit will continue to be flung and idiots from all corners will continue to be idiots.

Talking of which...

What about Turkey though?
800 MILLION TURKS ARE COMING TO GET YOU
The winning vote wasn't asked to secure an exit deal (fair or otherwise) it was only required to deliver a leave or remain verdict & it did just that.

Now we have to rely on our leaders to try for the fair exit deal & if unable to deliver that they must deliver the Brexit with whatever deal they can secure.

But deliver the Brexit they must. Come what may...... Because that's what the majority of people voted for.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:06 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

The winning vote wasn't asked to secure an exit deal (fair or otherwise) it was only required to deliver a leave or remain verdict & it did just that.

Now we have to rely on our leaders to try for the fair exit deal & if unable to deliver that they must deliver the Brexit with whatever deal they can secure.

But deliver the Brexit they must. Come what may...... Because that's what the majority of people voted for.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying...I'm agreeing with you (strange I know).

I just hope, for all, that the deal negotiated is as good as it can be, because at the end of the day only the hardliners on each side are going to be upset with a compromise.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:15 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - well done. You have described the problem very clearly.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm saying...I'm agreeing with you (strange I know).

I just hope, for all, that the deal negotiated is as good as it can be, because at the end of the day only the hardliners on each side are going to be upset with a compromise.
I'm sure that's what we all hope for & logically, that's what should be obtained because it's best for all concerned.

Let's also bear in mind that even after Brexit is completed, they'll still be an almost endless list of things for Parliament to address & that no doubt will also allow plenty of room for debate.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:31 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Wow, that must be a huge drag on the German economy.
How can someone be " highly unqualified "??
Old Sep 26th 2016, 8:35 am
EMR
Banned

I'm sure that's what we all hope for & logically, that's what should be obtained because it's best for all concerned.

Let's also bear in mind that even after Brexit is completed, they'll still be an almost endless list of things for Parliament to address & that no doubt will also allow plenty of room for debate.
There are probably thousands of EU regulations that are now part of daily life and commerce that will have to be incorporated into UK law.
Fisheries, Agriculture etc etc.
Two years for a negotiated exit may be very over optimistic.
We now have to leave it to Parliament not the tabloids.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:20 am
Banned

All this talk about doing a "deal". The "deal" will be rather like a "severance package" or "divorce settlement". it's all about who gets what, who pays "alimony", does anyone pay "alimony" at all? What about EU civil servant pension liabilities? What about territorial arrangements, things like our fishing grounds (waters)? And just like post-divorce, conjudigal rights are gone - So too will go all the rights the UK had within the EU "marriage", and that comes as no surprise to anyone who voted for Brexit. I wonder if all those Remainers kicking up a stink are simply in denial about the fact that they're going to have to give up what came with EU membership whereas the Brexiteers took the decision with their eyes wide open, they know what it involves and are content about it.

Moving forward, Remainers are going have to accept it, they must adapt. Do what it takes. Undergo therapy if need be. Maybe its a new mental condition: PBRDSD. Post Brexit Referendum Disappointment Stress Disorder.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:31 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
All this talk about doing a "deal". The "deal" will be rather like a "severance package" or "divorce settlement". it's all about who gets what, who pays "alimony", does anyone pay "alimony" at all? What about EU civil servant pension liabilities? What about territorial arrangements, things like our fishing grounds (waters)? And just like post-divorce, conjudigal rights are gone - So too will go all the rights the UK had within the EU "marriage", and that comes as no surprise to anyone who voted for Brexit. I wonder if all those Remainers kicking up a stink are simply in denial about the fact that they're going to have to give up what came with EU membership whereas the Brexiteers took the decision with their eyes wide open, they know what it involves and are content about it.

Moving forward, Remainers are going have to accept it, they must adapt. Do what it takes. Undergo therapy if need be. Maybe its a new mental condition: PBRDSD. Post Brexit Referendum Disappointment Stress Disorder.
You still do not understand it is about the best deal for the UK , for 65 million people, not just those who voted brexit for whatever reason they did.
The UK will be little different the day we finally brexit from than it is today.
A different passport cover but thats about all.
Any other changes to real life will be minimal and insignificant if the government gets it right.
Get it wrong then all bets are off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.