British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

GeniB Sep 25th 2016 6:56 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060896)
This is a good read. Explains much about why Brits uniquely believe in these nonsensical fabrications.

The Tragic Downfall of British Media

Totally true. Good article in the Financial Times Weekend edition 'Dinner with the FT' featuring George Osbourne.. he says exactly that .That he advised David Cameron not to go down the referendum route,said it was political suicide ,precisely because they could not control the media's take on events. in a media lead society. He was talked down. He also admitted that the project fear was a mistake.it lead to an unpredicted backlash.

Meanwhile dinner was held in a suberban pizzeria close to Manchester,where the rich and famous like to meet,including Cameron himself in his day. He will continue to support the Northern Powerhouse project as will Theresa May albeit somewhat reluctantly.He firmly believes the future of the UK lies in that rich corridor from west to east... Let's hope he is right... As he said when he watched the match between Man U and Man C.'.There was over 700 million pounds running around on that turf alone.'...:starsmile:

Fredbargate Sep 25th 2016 6:57 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060749)
Who posts daily if not multiple daily moronic posts from the Express etc.
Outrage is probably your middle name.

At least Dick's posts are linked to a source unlike yours that are soley the fannatical immaginations of a demmented mind.

TGA Sep 25th 2016 6:59 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060676)
Precious few outside of Britain, of any credibility at all, believe Britain's future is one of glory. The only place you'll find that is in Britain.

You don't like the British much do you?

EMR Sep 25th 2016 7:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12060913)
At least Dick's posts are linked to a source unlike yours that are soley the fannatical immaginations of a demmented mind.


Thats not a nice way to refer to your fellow ultra brexiters, who post links to the moronic express and mail.

paulry Sep 25th 2016 7:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060896)
This is a good read. Explains much about why Brits uniquely believe in these nonsensical fabrications.

The Tragic Downfall of British Media

:lol: Oh, so now it's Rupert Murdochs fault? :blink:

When are you and your chums going to accept the fact that the people voted to leave the EU because simply because in their collective wisdom the majority decided that continued membership is not in our nation's best interests. :britflag:

:blink: Incredible. :blink: It's been 3 months since the referendum and you lot are still crying about it! :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

EMR Sep 25th 2016 7:24 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060922)
:lol: Oh, so now it's Rupert Murdochs fault? :blink:

When are you and your chums going to accept the fact that the people voted to leave the EU because simply because in their collective wisdom the majority decided that continued membership is not in our nation's best interests. :britflag:

:blink: Incredible. :blink: It's been 3 months since the referendum and you lot are still crying about it! :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:


You mean the quasi racist ukip fringe, they are certainly not acting in this nations interest.
We are better than that and them..
We accept the vote, you will not accept the end result, what ever and when ever that is.
If you did you would return to this country you keep insisting is yours..

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 7:42 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060922)
:lol: Oh, so now it's Rupert Murdochs fault? :blink:

When are you and your chums going to accept the fact that the people voted to leave the EU because simply because in their collective wisdom the majority decided that continued membership is not in our nation's best interests. :britflag:

:blink: Incredible. :blink: It's been 3 months since the referendum and you lot are still crying about it! :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

It's documented fact that Britain voted for Brexit on the basis of exaggeration, misrepresentation, half-truths and outright lies. It's pointless to deny that now, and it's much too late to go back. We're stuck with it.

So, the big question is, what now? It's a paradox. A choice between bad and bad.

But you know, Brexit means Brexit. The people voted.

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 8:46 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Looks like Brexiteer economist Patrick Minford's forecast about manufacturing (and particularly car production in the UK) is coming true...


MG to end UK car production at Longbridge with switch to China

I think what has really scuppered them is the Brexit vote.
They had fundamental business problems in that they were not selling as many cars as they hoped and they had the big import costs of components.
Post Brexit though, the costs of import are much more expensive so costs are higher and there is uncertainty about the future on the trading relationships in Europe.
What they had hoped to do was use the UK as a launch pad for selling into Europe. If - big if - we are no longer part of the single market what is the point of investing there?

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 10:54 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12060914)
You don't like the British much do you?

"The British" don't like themselves much, TGA. That explains the need to constantly reassure ourselves of our superiority, even if we have to make it up. "You couldn't make it up" (but we do - constantly).

Open the tabloids for a textbook example of that. The single most popular media in Britain. For a reason...

Vexcore Sep 25th 2016 11:23 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060929)
You mean the quasi racist ukip fringe, they are certainly not acting in this nations interest.
We are better than that and them..
We accept the vote, you will not accept the end result, what ever and when ever that is.
If you did you would return to this country you keep insisting is yours..

Racist UKIP? wow.. you still playing that card? seems you haven't 'evolved yet'


Good jesus....

The Vote is 'LEAVE' the end result? who knows.... but 'may has three tests'

Cannot believe MAY her self when she said (people voted for some control) da ***? no we didn't (we always knew she would spin it..) but hey wait n see. (EARLY DAYS YET)

RELAX EMR, JUST RELAX VEXCORE IS HERE

EMR Sep 25th 2016 11:30 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12061050)
Racist UKIP? wow.. you still playing that card? seems you haven't 'evolved yet'


Good jesus....

The Vote is 'LEAVE' the end result? who knows.... but 'may has three tests'

Cannot believe MAY her self when she said (people voted for some control) da ***? no we didn't (we always knew she would spin it..) but hey wait n see. (EARLY DAYS YET)

RELAX EMR, JUST RELAX VEXCORE IS HERE



You on the looney ukip fringe may have voted to end immigrstion but you are only a minority.
I bet I wll be a lot happier when the dust settles than you and the rest of our Ultra brexiters.

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 11:46 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12061050)
Racist UKIP? wow.. you still playing that card? seems you haven't 'evolved yet'


Good jesus....

The Vote is 'LEAVE' the end result? who knows.... but 'may has three tests'

Cannot believe MAY her self when she said (people voted for some control) da ***? no we didn't (we always knew she would spin it..) but hey wait n see. (EARLY DAYS YET)

RELAX EMR, JUST RELAX VEXCORE IS HERE

You voted for whatever May decides.

EMR Sep 25th 2016 12:09 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061057)
You voted for whatever May decides.

As widely reported in the Sundays, May refused to support Camerons policy to limit EU migration.

In the Sunday Times she is reported as saying " we just cannot go against Merkel ".

For those so inclined the Sunday Mail, carries even more detail.

I expect Dick will replace Frau M picture on his dartboard with one of May.

Vexcore Sep 25th 2016 12:24 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12061054)
You on the looney ukip fringe may have voted to end immigrstion but you are only a minority.
I bet I wll be a lot happier when the dust settles than you and the rest of our Ultra brexiters.

I voted to end immigration? says who? lol Christ on a stick...


Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061057)
You voted for whatever May decides.

No we didn't



Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12061066)
As widely reported in the Sundays, May refused to support Camerons policy to limit EU migration.

In the Sunday Times she is reported as saying " we just cannot go against Merkel ".

For those so inclined the Sunday Mail, carries even more detail.

I expect Dick will replace Frau M picture on his dartboard with one of May.

We cant go against Merkel? well being out of the 'EUROPEAN UNION' we sure as hell can.

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 12:26 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It was most likely either made up, or a comment taken completely out of context, and re-written to sound that way.

Honeymoon over; Herewith shall the predictable tabloid war on the PM begin...


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:51 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.