British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Sep 24th 2016 12:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12060402)
Well done Mrs Merkel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ekers-election

For finally admitting she got it wrong.

Unfortunately many will have to suffer the results of her cataclysmic cock-ups for many years to come.

:cool:

It's odd that you should have posted that particular article and your usual daft comment because I posted the exact same thing on the Immigration thread earlier this week, pointing out that, as was made very clear in the article, Merkel has not admitted getting it wrong in the way that you keep suggesting.

Proof positive (since I know you read everything on that thread) that A) you have the memory of a goldfish and B) you have not read the article to which you and I provided a link.

If I were you, I'd stop posting links to Guardian articles in an effort to prove your points as they are obviously way beyond you in terms of the concentration required to understand the gist of them.

Lion in Winter Sep 24th 2016 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12060470)
It's odd that you should have posted that particular article and your usual daft comment because I posted the exact same thing on the Immigration thread earlier this week, pointing out that, as was made very clear in the article, Merkel has not admitted getting it wrong in the way that you keep suggesting.

Proof positive (since I know you read everything on that thread) that A) you have the memory of a goldfish and B) you have not read the article to which you and I provided a link.

If I were you, I'd stop posting links to Guardian articles in an effort to prove your points as they are obviously way beyond you in terms of the concentration required to understand the gist of them.

He only reads headlines. It's easier that way.

mikelincs Sep 24th 2016 2:06 pm

OK, this thread isn't getting anywhere as Brexit hasn't even been triggered, so no-one on here knows diddly squat as to what will happen either during or after, so my next time comments will be AFTER Brexit as happened, if it ever does.

Fredbargate Sep 24th 2016 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060353)
Really, as you obviously did not know about the Sept registrations, the growing trend for buying on credit, leasing , etc etc in fact little about real life in the UK..

If you read my post and the link and also head the capacity to understand both then you would see the misstake you have made.

However you are generally too pigheaded to do that or acknowledge your misstakes.

So carry on making a fool of yourself.

EMR Sep 24th 2016 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12060552)
If you read my post and the link and also head the capacity to understand both then you would see the misstake you have made.

However you are generally too pigheaded to do that or acknowledge your misstakes.

So carry on making a fool of yourself.

The only ones making fools of themselves are our brexiters who do not understand that brexit is yet to happen and keep claiming brexit credit for economic news that has nothing to do with brexit.
Those who cannot understand simple maths and basic economics.
I could add believing newspaper headlines written by opportunist morons.
In the UK we may be in a minority of 48 % how do you feel about being one of a pathetic 4%.

Ingles Sep 24th 2016 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12060524)
OK, this thread isn't getting anywhere as Brexit hasn't even been triggered, so no-one on here knows diddly squat as to what will happen either during or after, so my next time comments will be AFTER Brexit as happened, if it ever does.

:goodpost:
Agree

paulry Sep 24th 2016 3:53 pm

Aren't they such a bunch of slimy bastards

paulry Sep 24th 2016 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12060524)

:goodpost:

That's the wisest thing you've said in a long time. :thumbsup:

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 4:18 pm

The warnings keep coming though.

Brexit warning: US bank bosses from Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and BlackRock threaten Theresa May with relocation - The Telegraph

24 SEPTEMBER 2016
The bosses of several of America’s biggest banks and corporations have warned Theresa May they will pre-emptively shift operations into Europe unless she can provide early clarity on the future shape of EU-UK relations, The Telegraph has learned.

The ultimatum was delivered at a round-table meeting with Mrs May in New York this week attended by a host of key US investors, including major City investors such as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and BlackRock.

“The message was clear from at least some of those present: if Theresa May cannot provide some early clarity about where the negotiations will end up, the only way to avoid that uncertainty would be a move towards Europe – there will not be time to wait,” said the City source with knowledge of the meeting.

Gulf States To Turn The Screw On Brexit Britain In Trade Talks

The Gulf states know they are in a good negotiating position. For a start, the UK is short of experienced trade negotiators, having delegated this power to the EU until now. Perhaps more importantly, Fox and others like him who supported Brexit are desperate to show they can make a success of life outside the EU and will want to sign deals quickly.

EMR Sep 24th 2016 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060598)

Who the politicians who are prepared to sacrifice the wealth and prosperity of the UK and its peoples for their narrow minded anti EU views.
We agree at last.

TGA Sep 24th 2016 5:14 pm

I am amazed there are still idiots out there that still swallow this pro EU cr4P

“InFacts”, the fanatical pro-EU website, has been repeatedly slapped down by the press regulator for making spurious complaints about factual newspaper headlines. Five complaints were made by InFacts over articles written by Eurosceptic papers during the referendum. The two claims against the Telegraph and three against the Express were all rejected by IPSO because their articles were accurate. Ironically InFacts, which was founded by FT journalist turned Remain campaign charlatan Hugo Dixon, has a code of ethics claiming their journalists “hold accuracy sacrosanct” and “check their facts systematically and thoroughly”. Something Guido always doubted given it is rumoured to have been funded by that maestro of spin, Roland Rudd.In any event after deliberation the press watchdog clearly doesn’t agree. Step away from the keyboard Hugo, you’re embarrassing yourself…
Pro-EU Spin Shop Humiliated By Press Regulator - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido

jimenato Sep 24th 2016 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060598)

Absolutely agree. Sacrificing single market membership would be a stupid thing to do. Only a slimy bastard would want to do that.

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12060640)
I am amazed there are still idiots out there that still swallow this pro EU cr4P

Pro-EU Spin Shop Humiliated By Press Regulator - Guido Fawkes Euro Guido

That's rich.

http://wordpress.mediatel.co.uk/wp-c...ly-Express.jpg

Bipat Sep 24th 2016 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060620)
Who the politicians who are prepared to sacrifice the wealth and prosperity of the UK and its peoples for their narrow minded anti EU views.
We agree at last.

The "narrow minded" xenophobics who fail to realise that Europe is not the EU and the world does not end at the Bosphorus!

Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 5:50 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/183536...-were-exposed/

"DANIEL HANNAN Tory MEP on why it’s brilliant in Brexit Britain and how ‘Project Fear’s’ lies were exposed.

Despite everything we’ve been hearing about failing economies,
it will be Britain nudging in front of Germany and well ahead of France and Italy"