British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

paulry Sep 24th 2016 10:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060390)
Another who does not understand simple maths.
What % of UK gdp do exports to the EU represent.
What % of the combined gdp of the 27 nations do the EU exports to the UK represent.

The maths are not that difficult.
Rather like the % of those employed , the UK has far more to lose than the EU.

It is certainly in the interests of both parties to negotiate a deal and the UK will have to accept that degree movement must be part of it.

Stop pussy footing around with straw man arguments. We're talking value of trade: The EU export value compared with the UK export value.

jimenato Sep 24th 2016 10:51 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060387)
Yes so it is in everyone's interests to negotiate an equitable trade deal. But most of all it is in the EU's interests since they export more to the UK than the UK does to it. ;)

I'll be generous and put that down to lack of mathematical ability on your part rather than a downright lie which is the usual Brexiteer tactic.

The maximum downside for the EU is 7% of their exports whereas for the UK it's nearly 50% therefore the UK is far more vulnerable than the EU.

I expect Dick will misquote Juncker again soon.

jimenato Sep 24th 2016 10:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060392)
Stop pussy footing around with straw man arguments. We're talking value of trade: The EU export value compared with the UK export value.

Can you explain what you think a straw man argument is?

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 10:57 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12060395)
I'll be generous and put that down to lack of mathematical ability on your part rather than a downright lie which is the usual Brexiteer tactic.

The maximum downside for the EU is 7% of their exports whereas for the UK it's nearly 50% therefore the UK is far more vulnerable than the EU.

I expect Dick will misquote Juncker again soon.

And... Again... There's absolutely no reason why Britain will ever stop buying European goods. Unless they're banned... And how would that serve Britain's interests?

On the other hand, there's only one British export that's significant to the EU: financial services. And that's going to move to the continent anyway.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 11:07 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Well done Mrs Merkel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ekers-election

For finally admitting she got it wrong.


Unfortunately many will have to suffer the results of her cataclysmic cock-ups for many years to come.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 11:12 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060398)
And... Again... There's absolutely no reason why Britain will ever stop buying European goods. Unless they're banned... And how would that serve Britain's interests?

On the other hand, there's only one British export that's significant to the EU: financial services. And that's going to move to the continent anyway.


I don't know why you all waste your time discussing the issue at all.

One way or another it's inevitable that trade will continue with Eu countries regardless of how negotiations turn out.

Remember they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

:cool:

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 11:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It will be equally interesting to see if the brexiteers will be so openly self-critical and admit they had no clue and failed to have any plan when faced with the inevitable anger over the effects of Brexit..

Somehow, I suspect it will be the EU's fault for not giving Britain everything.

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 11:15 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12060405)
Remember they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.
:cool:

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

paulry Sep 24th 2016 11:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12060397)
Can you explain what you think a straw man argument is?

Work it out for yourself and explain why if you think I have misused it.

paulry Sep 24th 2016 11:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12060405)
I don't know why you all waste your time discussing the issue at all.

One way or another it's inevitable that trade will continue with Eu countries regardless of how negotiations turn out.

Remember they need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

:cool:

Completely agree. As for their idle chatter they rather remind me of this bunch:


Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 11:27 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060408)
Despite all evidence to the contrary.


I take it that Maths is not your strongest subject. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 11:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Patients ARE at risk from thousands of EU medics | Daily Mail Online


A valid point surely. :cool:

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 11:30 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
You guys are in for a shock, no matter what the outcome. It's either going to be the equivalent of staying in, or a significant economic downsizing, with the inevitable political chaos. Those are it, boys, and you won't find either of them palatable. You'll be first in line screaming about it.

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 11:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12060415)
I take it that Maths is not your strongest subject. :cool:

Is hypocrisy just a hobby of yours? You seem like a pro.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 24th 2016 11:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060406)
It will be equally interesting to see if the brexiteers will be so openly self-critical and admit they had no clue and failed to have any plan when faced with the inevitable anger over the effects of Brexit..

Somehow, I suspect it will be the EU's fault for not giving Britain everything.


The plain truth is that the Eu have nothing to give us anyway.

It's inevitable that trade will continue much as normal regardless.

The rest of their disastrous policies, they can keep and shove them where the Sun don't shine. :cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:04 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.