British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Sep 23rd 2016 11:21 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
https://www.thelocal.de/20160923/far...-national-poll

"Public broadcaster ARD’s regular DeutschlandTrend survey with research group Infratest dimap showed on Friday that 16 percent of respondents said they would vote for the AfD in a national election - a 2 percent increase from the last poll on September 1st."

A significant trend, another 2% in less than a month !

Next year elections are going to be very interesting.

DaveLovesDee Sep 24th 2016 12:45 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12060158)
https://www.thelocal.de/20160923/far...-national-poll

"Public broadcaster ARD’s regular DeutschlandTrend survey with research group Infratest dimap showed on Friday that 16 percent of respondents said they would vote for the AfD in a national election - a 2 percent increase from the last poll on September 1st."

A significant trend, another 2% in less than a month !

Next year elections are going to be very interesting.

Have we Brexited yet?

What happens in other countries will depend on what final agreement the UK ends up with for Brexit day.

paulry Sep 24th 2016 12:56 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12060001)
Again: nobody seems to be able to answer this simple question.

The entire premise assumes that Britain will magically and inexplicably stop buying European goods.

Is the UK planning to ban European imports? What for? So it has to import everything from the USA or Australia at a premium? Requiring all UK businesses to establish new supply chains from afar?

Why?

Equally, nobody can answer this basic question:
What is the upside from Brexit?

:blink: Your imagination is running away with you remainiacs now. Why on earth would anyone ban imports? :confused: What sort of command economy state do you lot live in? If the UK exited without any trade deals, trade will still happen, don't worry, the sky wont fall in!

Fredbargate Sep 24th 2016 3:37 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12060118)
There you go again Dick, way behind events.
Fred already posted this and like you was debunked with simple facts.

No it wasn't

Except in your parallel universe

Fredbargate Sep 24th 2016 3:40 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12060080)
Huh! That’s rich. Since when did you worry about Gibraltarians. Bloody turncoat!

He's worrying about his illegal supply of Bluefin ;)

TGA Sep 24th 2016 6:17 am

Bring Back Britannia
 
The Daily Telegraph has launched a campaign to return a modern-day version of HMY Britannia to the seas to help secure trade deals once Britain has left the European Union.

A great Idea

Make Britain Great Again :britflag:

Editha Sep 24th 2016 6:24 am

Re: Bring Back Britannia
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12060301)

Bloody silly idea. How will a floating luxury home help to make trade deals? Get real.

TGA Sep 24th 2016 6:26 am

Re: Bring Back Britannia
 

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12060303)
Bloody silly idea. How will a floating luxury home help to make trade deals? Get real.

same way it did before suppose:zzz:

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 6:35 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12060194)
:blink: Your imagination is running away with you remainiacs now. Why on earth would anyone ban imports? :confused: What sort of command economy state do you lot live in? If the UK exited without any trade deals, trade will still happen, don't worry, the sky wont fall in!

You missed the point.

It has been said that the EU stands to lose billions in trade with Britain, and that suggests Britain has leverage in negotiation.

But Britain would be cutting its own throat by banning or imposing tariffs on European imports. So that leverage is a delusion.

Editha Sep 24th 2016 7:05 am

Re: Bring Back Britannia
 
Well, I suppose the proposal is a recognition that new trade deals are going to take a decade or so to materialise, not the couple of years promised by the Brexiters, since recommissioning The Britannia would take at least that long. I doubt whether the feasibility study will be much less than two years.

TGA Sep 24th 2016 7:17 am

Re: Bring Back Britannia
 

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12060317)
Well, I suppose the proposal is a recognition that new trade deals are going to take a decade or so to materialise, not the couple of years promised by the Brexiters, since recommissioning The Britannia would take at least that long. I doubt whether the feasibility study will be much less than two years.

yes and in the mean time we will all starve and suffer plagues and pestilence.:rofl:

seriously you remoaners crack me up!

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 7:18 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
More of those pesky details remoaners keep bringing up:

Brexit: True cost of UK leaving EU without trade deal revealed


World Trade Organisation rules mean that UK exporters would be hit with the EU’s Common Customs Tariff – a wide range of taxes on imports.

These would serve to push up the price of UK exports, rendering them instantly less competitive in local markets and damaging British-based exporting firms.

In 2015 official statistics show the UK exported £133bn worth of goods to the rest of the European Union, almost half of our global goods exports.

This included £10bn in food and drink, £16bn of fuel and around £10bn of motor vehicles.

A separate analysis by the London School of Economics suggested the welfare losses of moving to the WTO rules in a “big bang” would be up to 3.5 per cent of GDP per head instantly.


Red Eric Sep 24th 2016 7:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Good God alive!! I find myself agreeing with Gideon : https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st-hard-brexit

A sad day indeed. I do hope there's a satisfactory antidote to this episode around lunchtime.

Red Eric Sep 24th 2016 7:37 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Do we really want post-Brexit Britain to be the world’s biggest tax haven? (and could the Home Secretary be the first casualty of the pre-Brexit era?)

amideislas Sep 24th 2016 7:49 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Apparently, it's already the money laundering capitol

London is now the global money-laundering centre for the drug trade


His warning follows a National Crime Agency (NCA) threat assessment which stated: “We assess that hundreds of billions of US dollars of criminal money almost certainly continue to be laundered through UK banks, including their subsidiaries, each year.”

Referring to HSBC’s record $1.9bn (£1.2bn) US fine for money laundering for the Mexican Sinaloa drugs cartel in 2012, Mr Saviano said: “The biggest UK bank! Yet it has scarcely been written about. The British treat it as not their problem, because there aren’t corpses on the streets.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:16 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.