Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:51 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
It's not enforced at all in Spain, I see people who have lived there over the past 5 years with no NIE etc, earning money from the UK and paying zilch.
That may be because their UK income has already been taxed by the UK.

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Eric, I agree, but the point is that the controls exist - there is just no need to use them at present.
Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:53 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come-on, the "range of opinion" in the Guardian is 99% down the same line - pro-EU, pro-immigration, pro-taxation (for others), pro big state etc. Its "straight down the line" news frequently has a connotation of its party line.

One article I remember alluded to the hostile environment for illegal imigrants incentivising slavery.

I think this one was it (just searched for it) https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...loitation-flex
One could hardly describe that as pro immigration - it's simply pointing out the shortcomings of wrong-headed policy making of the dog-whistle sort from someone in a position to know what the impact would be. What particularly did you find controversial?

I'm not sure the Guardian is a party or a party-member, by the way
Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

If I said "calm down dear" you'd know I was mimicking Cameron, ditto "swarm" of migrants.
Seriously?

Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:14 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
You mean data you search for to justify your point of view..
There will be no data for those who do not use the system ..
Younger fitter people use the NHS less .
Do I need to draw you a diagram.
So you have nothing to support your statement then - must be a theory you have.
I have nothing to support that the view majority of UK residents are not murderers its just a fact.
So it's just a theory in your odd mind that young fit migrants use the NHS as much a the elderly., the very young, the infirm UK born population...
Employer exploitation ,Housing and now the NHS, what next will you dream up to lay at the door of migration .
Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:18 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

In Romania? In Bulgaria?
I wouldn't know, but there's no reason why it wouldn't. The NHS "free" healthcare system is quite expensive and widely abused. And in perpetual stress. Romania is doing quite well now. Can't speak for Bulgaria.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:24 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
That may be because their UK income has already been taxed by the UK.<br /><br /><br /><br />Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.
<br /><br />it's difficult to enforce. Like Eric said, there's no gestapo running around demanding to see your papers. But if you want to have a life, with healthcare and income and so on, it's much better to just sign up as a resident and be counted. It's not exactly difficult (for an EU member citizen).<br /><br />And yes, when people get caught, they are indeed in a world of trouble. Most who get caught just high-tail it back to wherever they came from, to avoid the shitstorm.

Last edited by amideislas; Aug 17th 2018 at 5:34 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:42 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Keep posting Ami, you only serve to prove my point.
Well, you consistently base your theories on the premise that life in England is somehow superior to Europe (and elsewhere), presuming that's why "everybody" is clamouring to live there, even in squalid conditions.

OK, that's all been debunked repeatedly, but your continued dogmatism is consistent with the stereotypes (and why the rest of the world finds it sort of "charming"). Plus, England's Brexit behaviour only exemplifies it. So, I think it certainly illustrates how it's your behaviour that encourages confirmation. And yes, please keep posting

Last edited by amideislas; Aug 17th 2018 at 6:02 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:48 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

So you have nothing to support your statement then - must be a theory you have.
You and EMR have much in common.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 5:35 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
You and EMR have much in common.
Really example please ?
Old Aug 17th 2018, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
High immigration most definitely significantly contributed to the leave decision.
I thought it was all about getting our country back, Oh I get it now, that's what getting our country back means.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 7:20 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.
I think they do to a certain extent and that that has been rather glossed over or, when raised, switched onto something else so as to avoid acknowledging it.

For example, whilst it isn't actually compulsory for EU citizens to register in the UK, things can be made awkward or impossible for them if they don't. There's also a legal requirement for private health insurance cover during periods of economic inactivity.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 7:35 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Really example please ?
Sorry EMR I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to insult Capey.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 8:19 pm
Who - me?

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Sorry EMR I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to insult Capey.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Maybe we could just drop a blanket insult on the entire thread, and then move on? At nearly 40,000 posts, that would probably cover most of BE's regulars so it would be thoroughly egalitarian.
You can say that again,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.