British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Aug 17th 2018 3:51 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12549978)
It's not enforced at all in Spain, I see people who have lived there over the past 5 years with no NIE etc, earning money from the UK and paying zilch.

That may be because their UK income has already been taxed by the UK.

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12549983)
Eric, I agree, but the point is that the controls exist - there is just no need to use them at present.

Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.

Red Eric Aug 17th 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12550009)
Oh come-on, the "range of opinion" in the Guardian is 99% down the same line - pro-EU, pro-immigration, pro-taxation (for others), pro big state etc. Its "straight down the line" news frequently has a connotation of its party line.

One article I remember alluded to the hostile environment for illegal imigrants incentivising slavery.

I think this one was it (just searched for it) https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...loitation-flex

One could hardly describe that as pro immigration - it's simply pointing out the shortcomings of wrong-headed policy making of the dog-whistle sort from someone in a position to know what the impact would be. What particularly did you find controversial?

I'm not sure the Guardian is a party or a party-member, by the way :unsure:

BristolUK Aug 17th 2018 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12549975)
If I said "calm down dear" you'd know I was mimicking Cameron, ditto "swarm" of migrants.

Seriously?

BristolUK Aug 17th 2018 4:03 pm

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...6d854eb02b.png

EMR Aug 17th 2018 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12550029)
You mean data you search for to justify your point of view..
There will be no data for those who do not use the system ..
Younger fitter people use the NHS less .
Do I need to draw you a diagram.

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12550032)
So you have nothing to support your statement then - must be a theory you have.

I have nothing to support that the view majority of UK residents are not murderers its just a fact.
So it's just a theory in your odd mind that young fit migrants use the NHS as much a the elderly., the very young, the infirm UK born population...
Employer exploitation ,Housing and now the NHS, what next will you dream up to lay at the door of migration .

amideislas Aug 17th 2018 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12550019)
In Romania? In Bulgaria?

I wouldn't know, but there's no reason why it wouldn't. The NHS "free" healthcare system is quite expensive and widely abused. And in perpetual stress. Romania is doing quite well now. Can't speak for Bulgaria.

amideislas Aug 17th 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12550036)
That may be because their UK income has already been taxed by the UK.<br /><br /><br /><br />Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.

<br /><br />it's difficult to enforce. Like Eric said, there's no gestapo running around demanding to see your papers. But if you want to have a life, with healthcare and income and so on, it's much better to just sign up as a resident and be counted. It's not exactly difficult (for an EU member citizen).<br /><br />And yes, when people get caught, they are indeed in a world of trouble. Most who get caught just high-tail it back to wherever they came from, to avoid the shitstorm.

amideislas Aug 17th 2018 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12550017)
Keep posting Ami, you only serve to prove my point.

Well, you consistently base your theories on the premise that life in England is somehow superior to Europe (and elsewhere), presuming that's why "everybody" is clamouring to live there, even in squalid conditions.

OK, that's all been debunked repeatedly, but your continued dogmatism is consistent with the stereotypes (and why the rest of the world finds it sort of "charming"). Plus, England's Brexit behaviour only exemplifies it. So, I think it certainly illustrates how it's your behaviour that encourages confirmation. And yes, please keep posting :popcorn:

jimenato Aug 17th 2018 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12550032)
So you have nothing to support your statement then - must be a theory you have.

You and EMR have much in common.

EMR Aug 17th 2018 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12550057)
You and EMR have much in common.

Really example please ?

johnwoo Aug 17th 2018 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549777)
High immigration most definitely significantly contributed to the leave decision.

I thought it was all about getting our country back, Oh I get it now, that's what getting our country back means.

Red Eric Aug 17th 2018 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12550036)
Spain at least has the relevant rules on the law books, even if they don't use them. The UK don't incorporate the relevant EU rules into UK immigration rules.

I think they do to a certain extent and that that has been rather glossed over or, when raised, switched onto something else so as to avoid acknowledging it.

For example, whilst it isn't actually compulsory for EU citizens to register in the UK, things can be made awkward or impossible for them if they don't. There's also a legal requirement for private health insurance cover during periods of economic inactivity.

jimenato Aug 17th 2018 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12550076)
Really example please ?

Sorry EMR I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to insult Capey.

Red Eric Aug 17th 2018 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12550124)
Sorry EMR I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to insult Capey.

:hysterical:

johnwoo Aug 17th 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12550141)
Maybe we could just drop a blanket insult on the entire thread, and then move on? At nearly 40,000 posts, that would probably cover most of BE's regulars so it would be thoroughly egalitarian.

You can say that again,