British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Aug 17th 2018 8:58 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549777)
High immigration most definitely significantly contributed to the leave decision.

Nice to see a Brexiter confirm what we leavers have been saying and that some brexiters deny..
Immigration, not just EU but all immigration..
Immigration which will continue after we leave.

paulry Aug 17th 2018 9:41 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12549776)
Well, the terrible effects of "high immigration" you keep arguing have been repeatedly proven false. Besides, "high immigration" is subjective. It seems you lot think any immigration is "high". And statistically, EU immigration is not only smaller than non-EU immigration, but if it's such an issue, then the UK has always had tools to minimise it, but hasn't implemented them (such as other EU members have) and as a matter of record, both immigration AND EU membership have been historically quite positive for the UK.

Given those inescapable truths, and the fact that you continue to argue this terrible immigration justifies Brexit, the same tired, proven false arguments over and over, it certainly appears you're afraid of something to the extent you have to ignore the facts to justify it.

The inescapable truth is annual immigration from the EU accounts for 40-50% of total immigration - which also is the the uncontrolled portion. Voters want the UK to take back control of its borders, its fishing waters, its law-making and to control immigration. You cant do that while remaining a member of the EU. The only false argument is to accuse those who want to take back control as fearing foreigners. However, as untrue and obnoxious that argument might be, I believe that accusation helped anger and galvanise voters to vote as they did.

Assanah Aug 17th 2018 9:47 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549769)
Yep, it's killed the investor market all right, but it hasn't stopped house prices from more than doubling over the last ten years. So if buy-to-lets are out of the equation, what has caused this doubling of price over the same ten year period?

I don't know. You tell me. The only thing I can tell you is that as a low-wage earner you can live nicely and cheaply in the city center of the most livable city on the planet.Pretty awesome isn't it.

EMR Aug 17th 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549797)
The inescapable truth is annual immigration from the EU accounts for 40-50% of total immigration - which also is the the uncontrolled portion. Voters want the UK to take back control of its borders, its fishing waters, its law-making and to control immigration. You cant do that while remaining a member of the EU. The only false argument is to accuse those who want to take back control as fearing foreigners. However, as untrue and obnoxious that argument might be, I believe it helped galvanise voters to vote as they did.

We will have " taken back " control and immigration will continue at levels many who voted for Brexit will not be happy with .
So what next for them when they realise that they were misled by the Brexit campaign.
Just seen an article "The UK will survive a no deal ".
I will survive the loss of both harem and legs but my life will be very different.
Brexit desperation to start using words like " survive ".

Cape Blue Aug 17th 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12549760)
It is not me who continues to blame migrants for anything that he dies not like., the latest discussion on house prices being just one of many false claims you make.
Without providing subsidised accommodation in our cities for those who are not as well off as you our public services, our infrastructure, service sector would grind to a halt.
Migrants who now make up a significant % be they, nurses,teachers, care workers, those in the transport sector, migrants EU, non EU you do not want in the UK...
This is a post brexit debate and immigration will continue at levels that you will not approve of., the UK population will continue to grow so just get used to it..

You're fixated with bringing migrants into every topic. The subsidised housing issue re zone 5 subsisiding zone 2 has nothing to do with nationality.

The subsidy for accommodation merely subsidises business to have cheaper workers in our cities, if the workers paid the market rate for accommodation, employers would have to raise wages or be unable to find staff.

I have never said I don't want existing migrants in the UK, but if I try and say this you then call me a Nazi for saying it. Agreeing with you about the rights of existing migrant residents in the UK = Nazi in your befuddled mind.

Post brexit immigration may well continue at levels I feel cause harm to the poor, young and low-paid in the UK.

Cape Blue Aug 17th 2018 9:58 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12549800)
We will have " taken back " control and immigration will continue at levels many who voted for Brexit will not be happy with .
So what next for them when they realise that they were misled by the Brexit campaign.
I will survive the loss of both harem and legs but my life will be very different.

Wow - what a playa!

paulry Aug 17th 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12549799)
I don't know. You tell me. The only thing I can tell you is that as a low-wage earner you can live nicely and cheaply in the city center of the most livable city on the planet.Pretty awesome isn't it.

Awesome if you want to forever be a tenant paying rent but no good if you want to own your home. Also, high lease arrangement fees and minimum 3 year leases. Renting in Vienna is not as peachy as you might think.

Bipat Aug 17th 2018 10:18 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12549800)

Are you speaking of yourself? If so presume your "harem" consists of only EU ladies (acceptable "foreigners")? How did you lose your legs?
Do you ever provide links?

DaveLovesDee Aug 17th 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549797)
The inescapable truth is annual immigration from the EU accounts for 40-50% of total immigration - which also is the the uncontrolled portion. Voters want the UK to take back control of its borders, its fishing waters, its law-making and to control immigration. You cant do that while remaining a member of the EU. The only false argument is to accuse those who want to take back control as fearing foreigners. However, as untrue and obnoxious that argument might be, I believe that accusation helped anger and galvanise voters to vote as they did.

We already have control of our borders, except for the NI-RoI border. Controlling borders is not the same as controlling immigration numbers.

Controlling our fishing waters is a great idea. It's a shame our MEPs on the fisheries committee bare ever turned up to support the UK fishing industry, but they're UKIP, so no surprise there. Fish migrate, and preventing foreign fishing vessels from UK waters also prevents UK vessels from fishing in the waters of the remaining eu member states. And much of our fishing fleet is foreign-owned.

The UK government can control some EU migration under EU law. No UK government has chosen to use the available EU laws to do so.

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12549807)
Wow - what a playa!

I think he meant arms, not harem.

Lion in Winter Aug 17th 2018 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12549813)
Do you ever provide links?

Presumably he is referring to our illustrious Foreign Secretary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45216061

How anyone can see anything but a complete mess in this situation, irrespective of their original vote or wishes, is beyond me.

Assanah Aug 17th 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12549810)
Awesome if you want to forever be a tenant paying rent but no good if you want to own your home. Also, high lease arrangement fees and minimum 3 year leases. Renting in Vienna is not as peachy as you might think.

If you cannot afford to buy a house you have to rent no matter what you want. That's how things work. But if you pay 740€ including adfitional expenses for a 100 qm Apartment in the city center you might change your mind quickly about buying.

EMR Aug 17th 2018 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12549806)
You're fixated with bringing migrants into every topic. The subsidised housing issue re zone 5 subsisiding zone 2 has nothing to do with nationality.

The subsidy for accommodation merely subsidises business to have cheaper workers in our cities, if the workers paid the market rate for accommodation, employers would have to raise wages or be unable to find staff.

I have never said I don't want existing migrants in the UK, but if I try and say this you then call me a Nazi for saying it. Agreeing with you about the rights of existing migrant residents in the UK = Nazi in your befuddled mind.

Post brexit immigration may well continue at levels I feel cause harm to the poor, young and low-paid in the UK.

If there were no migrants in thec UK we would never have geard from you, Cape DG , Vex etc..
The brexit debate us just a means of many, far too many revealing their true feelings regarding migration into the UK..
Why did you leave the U K please Don,t , bpretend it was not because of the changes caused by immigration that you found in your return from S.A...
Why are you so pro Aus , because of its strict rules restricting immigration that you would like to see imposed on the UK.

Cape Blue Aug 17th 2018 11:40 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12549855)
If there were no migrants in thec UK we would never have geard from you, Cape DG , Vex etc..
The brexit debate us just a means of many, far too many revealing their true feelings regarding migration into the UK..
Why did you leave the U K please Don,t , bpretend it was not because of the changes caused by immigration that you found in your return from S.A...
Why are you so pro Aus , because of its strict rules restricting immigration that you would like to see imposed on the UK.

I've never lived in SA and I'm not particularly pro Aus - your befuddlement has you confusing me with paulry.

I think I may have to start ignoring your posts, your tendency to shout "racist" and "nazi" at any opinion, even one agreeing with yourself, has made it impossible to communicate sensibly with you.

paulry Aug 17th 2018 11:41 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12549816)
We already have control of our borders, except for the NI-RoI border. Controlling borders is not the same as controlling immigration numbers.

Controlling our fishing waters is a great idea. It's a shame our MEPs on the fisheries committee bare ever turned up to support the UK fishing industry, but they're UKIP, so no surprise there. Fish migrate, and preventing foreign fishing vessels from UK waters also prevents UK vessels from fishing in the waters of the remaining eu member states. And much of our fishing fleet is foreign-owned.

The UK government can control some EU migration under EU law. No UK government has chosen to use the available EU laws to do so.

As far as I'm aware there is not much EU member states can do to control immigration without clashing with the EU itself. What EU laws can they make use of?

EMR Aug 17th 2018 11:46 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12549855)

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12549859)
I've never lived in SA and I'm not particularly pro Aus - your befuddlement has you confusing me with paulry.

I think I may have to start ignoring your posts, your tendency to shout "racist" and "nazi" at any opinion, even one agreeing with yourself, has made it impossible to communicate sensibly with you.

Given your views its very easy to confuse you with Paulry., you preach from the same anti migrant handbook.
But that changes nothing, but for your views on immigration you would not post on this forum.
You are confusing racism with being anti migrant.., yiu are not racist, you just do not want migrants any migrants in the UK..