British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 17th 2016 6:21 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12054925)
Hopefully house prices will drop and then perhaps the next generation can begin to afford to get onto the ladder.

If house prices drop it will be because mortgages are harder to get or the UK goes into recession.
I has never been any different and it never will be.

amideislas Sep 17th 2016 6:49 pm

Just an observation, but look at timing of posts in this forum.

It seems the more rational posts show up in the morning, except for precious few trolls spewing bollocks in hopes of winding up the rational types. I reckon they're probably on the other side of the world, alone late at night with the benefit of having consumed a few glasses of liquid confidence.

Then night falls (European time) and the ones who hate everything come out. I reckon they're the ones on this side of the world who've also had the benefit of liquid confidence and are now ready to proclaim "brexit is brexit" once again as an answer to everything.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12054968)

It seems the more rational posts show up in the morning, except for precious few trolls spewing bollocks in hopes of winding up the rational types. I reckon they're probably on the other side of the world, alone late at night with the benefit of having consumed a few glasses of liquid confidence.

Then night falls (European time) and the ones who hate everything come out. I reckon they're the ones on this side of the world who've also had the benefit of liquid confidence and are now ready to proclaim "brexit is brexit" once again as an answer to everything.

You must have had quite a few then Ami. :lol:

EU's Donald Tusk blames Angela Merkel for migrant crisis and ISIS attacks | World | News | Daily Express

amideislas Sep 17th 2016 7:48 pm

And this sensationalist daily express article has what to do with that observation, Dicky boy?

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 8:15 pm

Brexit may send EU 'down the drain' - German vice chancellor - BBC News

amideislas Sep 17th 2016 8:25 pm

Yes, I agree with that article (mostly). The May government doesn't know what they're doing. But I believe May does. She's in a paradox. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 8:27 pm

European Union in 'critical situation' after Brexit, warns German leader Merkel - 9news.com.au

DaveLovesDee Sep 17th 2016 9:04 pm

From your link:

Mr Tusk blamed “political correctness” for delays in closing Europe’s borders in 2015 which allowed more than a million into the continent unchecked, including ISIS jihadis who attacked Paris and Brussels killing 130 and 32 people respectively.
Paris attackers had EU passports

I thought most attacks are by home-grown jihadusts these days.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12055055)
From your link:

Paris attackers had EU passports

I thought most attacks are by home-grown jihadusts these days.

"Bilal Hadfi, 20 - French (living in Belgium)

Ismaël Omar Mostefaï, 29 - French

Samy Amimour, 28 - French

Ibrahim Abdeslam, 31 - French (living in Belgium)

Salah Abdeslam, 26 - French (living in Belgium)

Hamza Attou, 21 - Belgian

Mohamed Amri, 27 - Belgian (born in Morocco)

*Eighth suspect (unidentified) carrying stolen passport in name of 'Ahmad al-Mohammad', 25 - from Idlib, Syria

The alleged mastermind is Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, from Belgium. "

Much depends on your interpretation of "Homegrown" I suppose.

Somehow I don't think France and Belgium deliberately encourage these guys to go around blowing up and shooting down their own innocent citizens. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 9:52 pm

Brexit to Cost European Union Billions - SPIEGEL ONLINE

"At a summit in Bratislava this week, the EU wants to set the course for its future without Britain.

One important issue is likely to be ignored by European leaders:

The fact that Brexit is going to be EXPENSIVE for EUROPE, ESPECIALLY FOR GERMANY."

Over to you Ami.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 17th 2016 10:02 pm

Canada to step up UK trade with new export hub after Brexit vote

paulry Sep 17th 2016 11:37 pm

:rofl: And of course you're one of the rational ones... :lol:

paulry Sep 17th 2016 11:52 pm

Nigel Farage is is one of the most rationale people in this debate:

The Nigel Farage Show: Watch It Back Here | LBC

Interesting mentions in the discussions during the phone-in about "snake-in-grass" Carswell and the state of UKIP, etc.

DaveLovesDee Sep 18th 2016 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12055074)
"Bilal Hadfi, 20 - French (living in Belgium)

Ismaël Omar Mostefaï, 29 - French

Samy Amimour, 28 - French

Ibrahim Abdeslam, 31 - French (living in Belgium)

Salah Abdeslam, 26 - French (living in Belgium)

Hamza Attou, 21 - Belgian

Mohamed Amri, 27 - Belgian (born in Morocco)

*Eighth suspect (unidentified) carrying stolen passport in name of 'Ahmad al-Mohammad', 25 - from Idlib, Syria

The alleged mastermind is Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, from Belgium. "

Much depends on your interpretation of "Homegrown" I suppose.

Somehow I don't think France and Belgium deliberately encourage these guys to go around blowing up and shooting down their own innocent citizens. :cool:

Reread your previous post again.

The part about ISIS jihadists.

paulry Sep 18th 2016 3:09 am

Who are the "brexit is brexit" proclaimers on this thread?