British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 16th 2016 8:03 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
What has this got to do with the UK after Brexit.

Bipat Sep 16th 2016 8:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
;)o

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12053806)
I wonder why people think that a free trade agreement with India will be like a magic wand. The UK is far behind in trading with India and the reason is not the free trade agreement. Even little Belgium trades more with India than the UK.

Second, one of the major stumbling stones in the negotiation between India and the EU is the opening of the Indian market for banking and insurances services. I assume that is a major UK interest. India doesn't want this. I am sure India won't change its mind about that unless the UK pays a heavy price. We will see how far the negotiations will go once India says what it really wants behind closed doors.

So maybe once the UK is gone it will be India and the EU that will finally be able to sign a free trade agreement?

It is not a "magic wand" but will be an important agreement, of course at this stage negotiations are not made public.
The trade figures with Belgium do not include services/investment.

You are wrong about insurance services, the Indian market has been open for this for some time.

This year India has relaxed its rules regarding direct foreign investment. I have put links regarding this.

Regarding the deal with the EU negotiations have now been going on for nine years--they will continue!

amideislas Sep 16th 2016 8:12 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It is interesting to watch how the rationales ondulate wildly depending on the argument. It doesn't seem to matter why, or what the consequences are. And we reserve the right to simply make up any justification we want (not that it matters anyway). The majority voted. It's a democracy. Now shut up and do what we tell you, you lemmings.

mfesharne Sep 16th 2016 8:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12053818)
What has this got to do with the UK after Brexit.

I'd have thought that's quite obvious but as it's not; Merkel appears to be rapidly losing popularity which may well mean a change & possibly a radical change of Government in Germany which in turn may well affect the Brexit negotiations.......... and will possibly/probably even increase the chances of a Dexit referendum & if that happens & their referendum votes out, the shit really will hit the EU fan which in turn will also further affect the Brexit negotiations.

EMR Sep 16th 2016 8:29 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12053832)
I'd have thought that's quite obvious but as it's not; Merkel appears to be rapidly losing popularity which may well mean a change & possibly a radical change of Government in Germany which in turn may well affect the Brexit negotiations.......... and will possibly/probably even increase the chances of a Dexit referendum & if that happens & their referendum votes out, the shit really will hit the EU fan which in turn will also further affect the Brexit negotiations.

Fantasy and an Express reader, no better example.

EMR Sep 16th 2016 8:34 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12053822)
;)o

It is not a "magic wand" but will be an important agreement, of course at this stage negotiations are not made public.
The trade figures with Belgium do not include services/investment.

You are wrong about insurance services, the Indian market has been open for this for some time.

This year India has relaxed its rules regarding direct foreign investment. I have put links regarding this.

Regarding the deal with the EU negotiations have now been going on for nine years--they will continue!

You still do not understand that one of the rationales for brexit was to increase UK trade, to increase investment in the UK.
To bring jobs back to the UK.
How would you feel if thousands lost their jobs in India if the call and support centres returned to the UK ?
You do a very good job promoting India but our priority is the UK not investment in India, not more jobs transferred to India .
When India finally reduces its tarrifs on EU exports agreement will be reached.

mfesharne Sep 16th 2016 8:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12053836)
Fantasy and an Express reader, no better example.

To dismiss the story because you don't like the source is ridiculous...... If nothing else the spanking she got a week or two ago would suggest a similar thing will happen again.

But of course, time will tell.

EMR Sep 16th 2016 8:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12053840)
To dismiss the story because you don't like the source is ridiculous...... If nothing else the spanking she got a week or two ago would suggest a similar thing will happen again.

But of course, time will tell.

Just a few facts for you which you would not find in your preferred " reading material ".
One of the states where Merkels party lost seats was in the old east Germany.
It has one of the highest levels of unemployment and deprivation.
It also only has an immigrant population of under 4%.
Germany is run by coalitions not by one party.
Your fantastical idea of Dexit ranks alongside the brexit pre vote claims regarding immigration, Turkish membership and NHS funding all of which were headlines in your daily comic.
We knew then they were total crap and as events have proved are still total crap.

EMR Sep 16th 2016 9:02 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12053813)
Well, well - now that is odd.

Whenever a remainer mentions - even in passing - scenarios in which they may be adversely affected, they're accused of being greedy and selfish.

By contrast, there's quite a theory passing around Leavers at the moment which says that they voted to go selflessly and despite the fact that they know they personally will lose out but that they did so for the good of their country.

I guess it had to come out eventually. Like the one about the NHS.

I am a determined remainer who has benefitted financially as a result of the vote and fall in sterling.
Yet I have been accused time and time of being unpatriotic and only thinking of myself by wishing it had been different.

Bipat Sep 16th 2016 9:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12053837)
You still do not understand that one of the rationales for brexit was to increase UK trade, to increase investment in the UK.
To bring jobs back to the UK.
How would you feel if thousands lost their jobs in India if the call and support centres returned to the UK ?
You do a very good job promoting India but our priority is the UK not investment in India, not more jobs transferred to India .
When India finally reduces its tarrifs on EU exports agreement will be reached.

You still do not understand that investment in the UK increases jobs. India is the third largest investor in the UK.
Thousands of jobs in the UK have already been created by previous and ongoing investment and deals. Why should not this increase?

Trade deals are a two-way thing, it is not a promotion of one or the other.

amideislas Sep 16th 2016 9:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12053840)
To dismiss the story because you don't like the source is ridiculous...... If nothing else the spanking she got a week or two ago would suggest a similar thing will happen again.

But of course, time will tell.

That source is notorious for inaccuracy, exaggeration, misrepresentation, misleading characterisations, and outright fallacy. Your rhetoric consistently reflects those traits, and so it's not unreasonable to question your entire platform, particularly if you use that source to justify it.

mfesharne Sep 16th 2016 9:25 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12053843)
Just a few facts for you which you would not find in your preferred " reading material ".
One of the states where Merkels party lost seats was in the old east Germany.
It has one of the highest levels of unemployment and deprivation.
It also only has an immigrant population of under 4%.
Germany is run by coalitions not by one party.
Your fantastical idea of Dexit ranks alongside the brexit pre vote claims regarding immigration, Turkish membership and NHS funding all of which were headlines in your daily comic.
We knew then they were total crap and as events have proved are still total crap.

As I remember it was more or less in her own backyard but where it was in Germany is irrelevant....... As is your scorn for the possibilities of a Dexit happening at some point.

MERKEL'S WORST NIGHTMARE: Germany calls for Referendum as 'people want to be free of EU' | World | News | Daily Express

Plenty of other sources reporting similar stories if you don't like this particular one.

Assanah Sep 16th 2016 9:33 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12053822)
;)o

It is not a "magic wand" but will be an important agreement, of course at this stage negotiations are not made public.
The trade figures with Belgium do not include services/investment.

You are wrong about insurance services, the Indian market has been open for this for some time.

This year India has relaxed its rules regarding direct foreign investment. I have put links regarding this.

Regarding the deal with the EU negotiations have now been going on for nine years--they will continue!

As I said lets wait and see what India wants in return for a free trade agreement. I think India sees that the UK is in desparate. So the price will likely be high.

Assanah Sep 16th 2016 9:40 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12053861)
As I remember it was more or less in her own backyard but where it was in Germany is irrelevant....... As is your scorn for the possibilities of a Dexit happening at some point.

MERKEL'S WORST NIGHTMARE: Germany calls for Referendum as 'people want to be free of EU' | World | News | Daily Express

Plenty of other sources reporting similar stories if you don't like this particular one.

Wet dreams can be nice, but there are still dreams! Just to give you some information from somebody who can actually read German: there will be no referendum in Germany about Dexit because the German consitution doesn't allow for it. So first you need to change the constitution, then you will need to lie big times to German to convince the majority that Germany will be better off outside the EU....then maybe Germany can have a referendum.

Just one more thing: Nobody in Germany blames the EU for the migration crisis. Germans blame Merkel and the German government for opening the border. That is where the blame belongs. It was a decision of Merkel, not Juncker. It was a German mistake, not one of the EU. Germans actually are blaming the right person for the right issue not blindly believing that all the bad comes form foreigners. That is what the Nazis did (Jews, gypsies, the Americans are to blame for weak Germany yadayadayada),....I am not going down that shitty road with the British. So, Goodbye, Auf Wiedersehen, you are on your road alone.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 16th 2016 10:02 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
UK 'ready to form trade deals OUTSIDE EU while holding Brexit talks' | UK | News | Daily Express


"Ivan Rogers has reportedly issued a warning to his fellow EU ambassadors that Britain will be opening trade negotiations while releasing itself from the crumbling union as the UK readies itself for Brexit life.

During a meeting this week, Rogers told diplomats the trade department, spearheaded by Liam Fox, has already begun talks with numerous countries willing to strike a deal with Britain"


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.