Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jun 8th 2018, 1:37 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

... Have we reached a tipping point here? I really, really, can't see how things can carry on like this much longer given the national division. Irrespective of your side the UK seems to be directionless and heading daily into chaos, imho.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-referendum
Old Jun 8th 2018, 2:06 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I think the Daily Mail has a stash. Now that Dacre's leaving maybe they'll be releasing a few.
I think that's an insult to the monkeys, personally ...

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
What about asking the Russian Troll farms?
I'm not entirely unconvinced they're not already operating here.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 2:32 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

So - the "explosive" Boris Johnson remarks which were "leaked".

Does anyone think it wasn't carefully orchestrated by him?
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:14 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, good - Arron Banks running scared and playing the victim card.

Didn't take long for the cocky bastard to change from "We were just smarter than Remain / the Electoral Commission" and "Let them investigate, they can't touch us whatever we did" (I'm paraphrasing there, by the way - they aren't literal quotes but they're close enough).

Arron Banks refuses to appear before Commons committee

Leave.EU founder and colleague Andy Wigmore claim to be victims of a ‘witch hunt’

Arron Banks and his Leave.EU colleague Andy Wigmore risk being summoned to give evidence to MPs after the Brexit-backing duo suddenly said they would not appear before a select committee next week, claiming they were victims of a “witch hunt”.

The two men had been due to give evidence at the committee’s inquiry into fake news next Tuesday but the campaigners for British parliamentary sovereignty announced on Friday afternoon that they would not turn up because the committee was biased against them.

“It is perfectly clear that the committee, which comprises only of remain supporting MPs, is conducting a coordinated ‘Witch Hunt’ of Leave groups involving the Electoral Commission & the ICO. You have called not witnesses from the Remain campaign or associated groups,” Banks wrote in a letter released on Twitter.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 7:58 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, good - Arron Banks running scared and playing the victim card.
Didn't take long for the cocky bastard to change from "We were just smarter than Remain / the Electoral Commission" and "Let them investigate, they can't touch us whatever we did" (I'm paraphrasing there, by the way - they aren't literal quotes but they're close enough).
Arron Banks refuses to appear before Commons committee
... ... But you know R.E. as a 'Victim' he's entitled to his own TV/radio programme and a choice of Desert Island Discs or The Reunion.... Plus an Honour! ... Sir Arron Banks... Lord Arron Banks?
I wonder if his money's off-shore.....
Old Jun 9th 2018, 8:28 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Daily Mail has a stash. Now that Dacre's leaving maybe they'll be releasing a few.

With Paul Dacre gone, will the Daily Mail change its tune on Brexit?

Old Jun 9th 2018, 8:47 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

So - the "explosive" Boris Johnson remarks which were "leaked".

Does anyone think it wasn't carefully orchestrated by him?
Boris wants a "hard" break. No deal. Just leave. And frankly, that's what they voted for, so in that respect, it's not some hidden agenda.

This was just a veiled threat. By becoming "more combative" and demanding even more absurdity, Boris knows that the EU will ultimately just say "OK, no deal. Sorry you feel that way, good luck". And that's exactly what Boris wants. He openly acknowledges the chaos it will cause, and he can always blame it on the EU.

Downplays it, of course. It's gonna be great! Although I suspect many (likely most) won't share that view when the shit hits the fan.

Last edited by amideislas; Jun 9th 2018 at 8:52 am.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 8:56 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Boris wants a "hard" break. No deal. Just leave. And frankly, that's what they voted for, so in that respect, it's not some hidden agenda.

This was just a veiled threat. By becoming "more combative" and demanding even more absurdity, Boris knows that the EU will ultimately just say "OK, no deal. Sorry you feel that way, good luck". And that's exactly what Boris wants...
I think that's what many Brexiteers want - no deal - 'out means out' - which conflicts somewhat with their 'they need us more than we need them' mantra which they use to make out we will be given a ... errrr... deal.

Any Brexiteers on here care to tell us whether or not you want a deal?
Old Jun 9th 2018, 9:07 am
Reasonable Bitch

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
I think that's what many Brexiteers want - no deal - 'out means out' - which conflicts somewhat with their 'they need us more than we need them' mantra which they use to make out we will be given a ... errrr... deal.

Any Brexiteers on here care to tell us whether or not you want a deal?
We'll see what narratives emerge (if any), but I suspect the tone will still have elements of "they need us" in it, along with the tired notion of "cake and eat it", no matter how unrealistic.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 9:13 am
Who - me?

I think Boris wants what all the Leavers want - all of the ease of trade and none of the obligations (although he himself isn't daft enough to think that's actually remotely possible, of course).

No - I just meant that him supposedly being caught out by a secret recording all seems a bit too convenient. Let's face it, he's created this persona by which he can't damage his own public image but as Foreign Secretary he could hardly openly say what he did. In order to get it out in the open (fnaarr), he therefore organises to have his burblings recorded and "leaked", playing to his gallery, which he can't currently reach via the official channels.

Or is that all a little over-elaborate?
Old Jun 9th 2018, 9:30 am
Reasonable Bitch

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked at some revelation that Boris is privately a "51st state" wannabe (he's still a US dual citizen, no?). He might have already dipped his toe in that water with Trump ... or vice-versa. Perhaps initially reluctant, but after thinking about it, it could solve a lot of problems with Brexit. And aside from the DUP political ball and chain, who gives a fark about (N) Ireland? Let them have it back. The yanks are almost as deluded as we are, and they have cash. We'll need it. And just imagine of the ease of setting up golf courses in England..

Obviously, I'm just wildly speculating, but it's not entirely implausible, except of course, that it would likely require far more time than the normal political cycle would facilitate, so pretty unrealistic in that respect. But hey, since when does realism matter?

Last edited by amideislas; Jun 9th 2018 at 9:46 am.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 3:19 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Anyway.... Predictably, the blame game begins....Nigel Farage says UK could be worse off after Brexit if Theresa May fails to get tough with Brussels

The former Ukip boss said Ms May was "the wrong leader" to take Britain out of the bloc, as the EU knows she would never walk away from the negotiations, despite her mantra that "no deal is better than a bad deal".

This of course, flying in the face of all evidence proving that simply jumping off the cliff would be worst possible outcome for everyone, especially the UK. I'd like to see how Nige would worm his way through this mess. But then, I suppose it's quite a bit safer and less messy just to throw rotten tomatoes from a safe distance. That's pretty much his M.O. anyway.

​​​​​Still, I sense they're finally beginning to realise that there's gonna be trouble - from all sides. And laughably, the setup for the blame is well, damned conspicuous.

Last edited by amideislas; Jun 9th 2018 at 3:26 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 3:27 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway.... Predictably, the blame game begins....Nigel Farage says UK could be worse off after Brexit if Theresa May fails to get tough with Brussels

The former Ukip boss said Ms May was "the wrong leader" to take Britain out of the bloc, as the EU knows she would never walk away from the negotiations, despite her mantra that "no deal is better than a bad deal".

This of course, flying in the face of all evidence proving that simply jumping off the cliff would be worst possible outcome for everyone, especially the UK. I'd like to see how Nige would worm his way through this mess. But then, I suppose it's quite a bit safer and less messy just to throw rotten tomatoes from a safe distance. That's pretty much his M.O. anyway.

​​​​​
October general election, Nige emerges as the saviour of Brexit , anything is possible.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 3:54 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​Still, I sense they're finally beginning to realise that there's gonna be trouble - from all sides. And laughably, the setup for the blame is well, damned conspicuous.
I am just amazed that so many Brexiteers want a ''deal''... even Farage it seems.
I mean, leaving is leaving, Brexit is Brexit, deal wasn't mentionned on the bus !!!
They want ''control of their own borders'' but are happy to leave on side completely open ... Nothing is logical with Brexiteers.
Each and every one has their own fantasy and they will be so upset if it turns out different to that.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 4:00 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
October general election, Nige emerges as the saviour of Brexit , anything is possible.
What, he's going to try again to become an MP?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.