British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Sep 14th 2016 11:45 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051886)
By the same token, people get beat up by Brits all summer long in Magaluf. Girls raped... I suppose we should vet all Brits coming to Europe too. You know, 'cause they're bloody dangerous.

More recent figures from Germany....


1,200 German women were sexually assaulted on New Year’s Eve in Cologne | Daily Mail Online


"Revealed: 1,200 women were sexually assaulted by 2,000 men in German cities on New Year's Eve
Leaked report confirms the staggering number of sexual crimes in cities

Only 120 people have been identified out of the 2,000 potential perpetrators
On New Year's Eve there were 600 attacks in Cologne and 400 in Hamburg

Original figure of estimated sexual assaults back in January was just 359"

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 11:45 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It is a two way street. Currently in Britain's favour. But you know...

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 11:51 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12051892)

We know about that one, dick. But they were Muslims, so they get all the attention, and for them, "sexual assault" is anything from a feel of titties to an unwelcome rub on the bum. Doesn't make it right. Was pretty disgusted myself.

Somebody ought to publish "sexual assault" numbers in the British party enclaves in Europe. And just the actual ones (e.g., rapes), not just unwelcome titty touches. But they aren't "foreigners" are they?

Bipat Sep 14th 2016 11:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051886)
By the same token, people get beat up by Brits all summer long in Magaluf. Girls raped... I suppose we should vet all Brits coming to Europe too. You know, 'cause they're bloody dangerous.

Why not? Any nationality are capable of crimes. (Britain is known to export paedophilia-----there you are, we do have exports!)
Seriously, what is the problem with visas and checks? A hassle and some expense but in reality a minor issue.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 11:57 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Nothing wrong with it, as long as Britain leaves the EU. But freedom of movement is a fundamental part of the European project. I reckon it will be reciprocal.

mfesharne Sep 14th 2016 12:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051910)
Nothing wrong with it, as long as Britain leaves the EU. But freedom of movement is a fundamental part of the European project. I reckon it will be reciprocal.

As indeed it should be.

As I see it, no-one of any nationality whatsoever should be allowed to enter any country without a relevant visa etc.

Vexcore Sep 14th 2016 12:07 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12051890)
Like the below, I don't actually disagree with you. But this is a two way street, would you agree?

Totally,

If the whole EUROPEAN UNION wants us 'brits' to apply visas tourists or work ones, then i have no problem with that.

I honestly think that is a safer route. (the door swings both ways)


Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051886)
By the same token, people get beat up by Brits all summer long in Magaluf. Girls raped... I suppose we should vet all Brits coming to Europe too. You know, 'cause they're bloody dangerous.


You're Replies are just .... lol



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051893)
It is a two way street. Currently in Britain's favour. But you know...

Exactly, i see no problem with that.



Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12051892)
More recent figures from Germany....


1,200 German women were sexually assaulted on New Year’s Eve in Cologne | Daily Mail Online


"Revealed: 1,200 women were sexually assaulted by 2,000 men in German cities on New Year's Eve
Leaked report confirms the staggering number of sexual crimes in cities

Only 120 people have been identified out of the 2,000 potential perpetrators
On New Year's Eve there were 600 attacks in Cologne and 400 in Hamburg

Original figure of estimated sexual assaults back in January was just 359"


Saw that, all those scumbags.... thanks to Merkel.



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051910)
Nothing wrong with it, as long as Britain leaves the EU. But freedom of movement is a fundamental part of the European project. I reckon it will be reciprocal.

Freedom of movement is a dangerous game, has to stop,

ok let the European union deal with that bollocks, but freedom of movement IN THE UK, has to end.

There's a big world out there you know.



Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051917)
As indeed it should be.

As I see it, no-one of any nationality whatsoever should be allowed to enter any country without a relevant visa etc.


Russia china thailand, Japan NZ and so on do it, cant just pop in and pop out when you want.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 12:10 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Seems logical, bad in practice.

I can't be arsed to look it up, but the UK currently has visa-free travel arrangements with something like 40 countries. They visit Britain because it's easy. The come for holidays, for business, to attend events... They spend foreign money in Britain (foreign capital is fundamental to the UK economy).

If there were a visa process for all, how many of them do you think would choose another destination? For business, for pleasure, attending trade events, etc?

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 12:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12051922)
Freedom of movement is a dangerous game, has to stop,

Better close the borders with Scotland, Wales, NI then.
And US states better requite visas to travel between them.

Gotta keep them foreigners out.

mfesharne Sep 14th 2016 12:13 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051925)
Seems logical, bad in practice.

I can't be arsed to look it up, but the UK currently has visa-free travel arrangements with something like 40 countries. They visit Britain because it's easy. The come for holidays, for business, to attend events... They spend foreign money in Britain (foreign capital is fundamental to the UK economy).

If there were a visa process for all, how many of them do you think would choose another destination? For business, for pleasure, attending trade events, etc?

You mean just like no-one visits countries such as the US & Oz etc? :rofl:

:sarcasm:

It's only an online form & maybe a few quid........ so hardly a train smash for anyone.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 12:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
The US has visa free travel with British citizens, as well as at least as many countries as Britain.

Scamp Sep 14th 2016 12:16 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051925)
Seems logical, bad in practice.

I can't be arsed to look it up, but the UK currently has visa-free travel arrangements with something like 40 countries. They visit Britain because it's easy. The come for holidays, for business, to attend events... They spend foreign money in Britain (foreign capital is fundamental to the UK economy).

If there were a visa process for all, how many of them do you think would choose another destination? For business, for pleasure, attending trade events, etc?

The UK is quite strict. Emirati friend's Dad was denied entry to the UK because of somebody else's typing mistake (put a space in his name but there isn't one in his passport) on his visa.

However, we can swan in and out the UAE with ease.

mfesharne Sep 14th 2016 12:26 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051935)
The US has visa free travel with British citizens, as well as at least as many countries as Britain.

Not quite correct & it's been discussed several times before complete with examples but I'll try again.

You have to complete an online form before travel & travel can be refused if the US decide you might be unsuitable for whatever reason.

A good example here: Muslim family's halted Disneyland trip is raised with PM - BBC News

It turned out the 'family' of 11 were all male & one address given had been previously registered to a terrorist website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...officials.html

Dick Dasterdly Sep 14th 2016 12:43 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051900)
We know about that one, dick. But they were Muslims, so they get all the attention, and for them, "sexual assault" is anything from a feel of titties to an unwelcome rub on the bum. Doesn't make it right. Was pretty disgusted myself.

Somebody ought to publish "sexual assault" numbers in the British party enclaves in Europe. And just the actual ones (e.g., rapes), not just unwelcome titty touches. But they aren't "foreigners" are they?


https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7...igrants-crisis


"Every police officer knows he has to meet a particular political expectation. It is better to keep quiet [about migrant crime] because you cannot go wrong." —

Rainer Wendt, head of the German police union.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 12:46 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051944)
Not quite correct & it's been discussed several times before complete with examples but I'll try again.

You have to complete an online form before travel & travel can be refused if the US decide you might be unsuitable for whatever reason.

A good example here: Muslim family's halted Disneyland trip is raised with PM - BBC News

It turned out the 'family' of 11 were all male & one address given had been previously registered to a terrorist website.

British Muslim banned from U.S. Disneyland trip dismisses 'Taliban Facebook account' | Daily Mail Online

So, you're arguing that ducks meow because cows produce milk?

ESTA is NOT a visa. We've been over this before. I'm not going over it again. By the way. You just reminded me to renew mine. I just did it. Just now.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:06 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.