British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Cape Blue May 5th 2018 9:45 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12494797)
And how do you know who are/were Brexiters or remainers, or are you just saying that they fit into category that you have created just to make a point.

It's easy, just look at who spends most of their posts whining with huge hyperbole about the impending disaster - they're remainiacs.

EMR May 5th 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12494804)
It's easy, just look at who spends most of their posts whining with huge hyperbole about the impending disaster - they're remainiacs.

Classic Brexit response against the millions who believe that the best thing for the UK, it's people, it's economy it security, who are not hung up on immigration, EU and non EU.. was to remain in the EU.

007Steve May 5th 2018 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12494797)
And how do you know who are/were Brexiters or remainers, or are you just saying that they fit into category that you have created just to make a point.

It's one of the Divine Perogatives of Men of Property mikelincs; - a form of Noblesse Oblige to correct impertinent underlings y'know.:nod:

Cape Blue May 5th 2018 9:51 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12494806)
Classic Brexit response against the millions who believe that the best thing for the UK, it's people, it's economy it security, who are not hung up on immigration, EU and non EU.. was to remain in the EU.

Most of those were normal remainers, not "advisory", "37%" remainiacs.

DaveLovesDee May 5th 2018 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12494808)
Most of those were normal remainers, not "advisory", "37%" remainiacs.

But the referendum WAS only ever legally advisory, and 37% of the UK population voted to Leave. They're still facts no matter how you label those who mention them.

Lion in Winter May 5th 2018 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12494782)
If you look I was replying to Ami who started the point. I realise that you guys are blind in your desire to pick holes, but at least look who made the point before you-post.

No, you connect it to Brexit and create an opportunity to make a juvenile derogatory comment.

Which seems to be your only purpose on this thread so I don't bother with it much any more.

Red Eric May 5th 2018 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12494850)
But the referendum WAS only ever legally advisory, and 37% of the UK population voted to Leave. They're still facts no matter how you label those who mention them.

Ahem.

It's not a fact that 37% of the UK population voted to leave. That percentage is significantly lower.

amideislas May 5th 2018 1:39 pm

it's not clear who you're referring to. Most of us only acknowledge the widely known reality that Brexit has absolutely no upside.

Disaster? That's subjective. But certainly not the "red white and blue flourishing mega free trade Britain" that's been sold to the public. In fact, virtually all credible analysis suggests that should England push Britain over the cliff, Britain will need to start tightening its belts and hunker down in prep for the downsizing that will take place over the next generation or so. Even if there's a so-called "free trade" agreement, it will never facilitate what Britain enjoys now, and Britain will still be scaling back.

But that presumes Whitehall will continue to pursue its current trajectory. As the layers of the onion get peeled back revealing the core realities, and we approach "midnight in the garden of good and evil", there's growing doubt as to whether Britain will actually ultimately leave. But even then, it means political chaos for the foreseeable future. And that has lots of knock-on effects.

No, there's no upside here. Paradox. And no way out. Disaster? That's subjective.

Ingles May 5th 2018 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12494890)
Ahem.

It's not a fact that 37% of the UK population voted to leave. That percentage is significantly lower.

Spot on
It was 37% off the population who had the right to vote !

007Steve May 5th 2018 5:56 pm

Well now, this is interesting ……https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/05/thousands-scottish-independence-supporters-march-through-Glasgow Reading it, the organisers state that they’ll carry on with marches until ‘Scotland is free’- NOT just Independent or united in the UK but Free…. Uuumm… 35,000 marchers-worth too.Anyway, as we’ve masses of Victorious Euro Secessionists here who also are ‘Fighting Euro Tyranny’ can I ask how much fraternal support & funding you’ll be sending your northern Comrades then??? Cash, food, banners?? Guys&Gals, you there…?? Obviously you want to make a gesture…..:blink:.Funny, there were hundreds of them here earlier - all screaming about their Freedom & flag-waving… :blink:where're have they all gone? A united UK post 2019 or wait until the N.I/Eire border starts?? Tick-tock, tick-tock,

Cape Blue May 6th 2018 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12494864)
No, you connect it to Brexit and create an opportunity to make a juvenile derogatory comment.

Which seems to be your only purpose on this thread so I don't bother with it much any more.

No, Ami connected it to Brexit with her reply to La Manch. Do brush up on your comprehension skills, it will make things so much easier for you.

BristolUK May 6th 2018 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12495234)
Do brush up on your comprehension skills, it will make things so much easier for you.

Says the bloke who complains about insults. :rolleyes:

Cape Blue May 6th 2018 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12495245)
Says the bloke who complains about insults. :rolleyes:

I do comprehend when someone uses ad-hominem rather than a logical argument.

BristolUK May 6th 2018 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12495255)

I quite like Eminem too.

amideislas May 6th 2018 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12495255)

How sbout hypocrisy? Do you comprehend that?