British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 14th 2016 9:03 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
As has been said many times the future wealth , cultural mix and diversity of the UK etc etc will be decided by the " remain generation " not those over a certain age who voted by a large majority to leave.

mfesharne Sep 14th 2016 9:04 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12051711)
In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!! :ohmy:

Not sure on what data you base that statement on & would be interested to see proof? but even if true, let's also bear in mind that many who voted out did so for reasons other than their own self interest.

Annetje Sep 14th 2016 9:18 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051724)
Not sure on what data you base that statement on & would be interested to see proof? but even if true, let's also bear in mind that many who voted out did so for reasons other than their own self interest.


EU referendum: The result in maps and charts - BBC News

Brexit: voter turnout by age | FT Data

Need any more ???

mfesharne Sep 14th 2016 9:44 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12051733)

I still call your statement of:

"In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!!" into question.

your links provide a breakdown of voters by age (although even that is questionable because at the very most it can only have been determined by a poll & extrapolation of the results because the vote is private & no records of who voted how allowed)....... But I see no statement there that says:

"In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!!"

Therefore your statement is highly unlikely to be true.

However, even if it were true (which I rather suspect is not very likely) votes & opinions of older people are equally as important as any other voter.

Or do you think younger people and/or remainiacs should be entitled to two votes each & us Brexiteers only one? ;)

DaveLovesDee Sep 14th 2016 9:44 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Not Brussels, it was the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, part of UK government. Neither the 2000 nor 2007 proposed changes were seriously considered by government, and certainly weren't EU-imposed otherwise they'd had to have happened.

It actually helps your cause if you provide a link to your claim. And as for the 'if this is true', why do you check whether it is true then, or are facts something you don't need to find out.

DaveLovesDee Sep 14th 2016 9:46 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051763)
Or do you think younger people and/or remainiacs should be entitled to two votes each & us Brexiteers only one? ;)

Oh look, a straw man.

That'll go well with the The Wicker Man movie on tv this weekend.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 9:47 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
They're just trying to get a few bennies they feel "entitled" to before losing their cash cow. It's the British way. There's a popular British reality TV series about it. AFAIK, benefits street is unique to Britain.

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 9:51 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12051764)
Not Brussels, it was the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, part of UK government. Neither the 2000 nor 2007 proposed changes were seriously considered by government, and certainly weren't EU-imposed otherwise they'd had to have happened.

It actually helps your cause if you provide a link to your claim. And as for the 'if this is true', why do you check whether it is true then, or are facts something you don't need to find out.

The daily fail pegged the steel crisis as an EU dictate. Well, until they discovered that the UK had repeatedly vetoed increasing tariffs on Chinese steel dumping into the EU. But it doesn't matter. Many still believe it was "dictated" by the EU. Yet another false premise for leaving that won't change at all afterwards...

EMR Sep 14th 2016 9:55 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051763)
I still call your statement of:

"In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!!" into question.

your links provide a breakdown of voters by age (although even that is questionable because at the very most it can only have been determined by a poll & extrapolation of the results because the vote is private & no records of who voted how allowed)....... But I see no statement there that says:

"In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!!"

Therefore your statement is highly unlikely to be true.

However, even if it were true (which I rather suspect is not very likely) votes & opinions of older people are equally as important as any other voter.

Or do you think younger people and/or remainiacs should be entitled to two votes each & us Brexiteers only one? ;)

No one is suggesting that but that the prejudice, ignorance and outdated views of many who voted to leave will die with them.
While those who have a realistic view of life in the modern world will be increasingly in positions of influence.
Those who voted leave in the hope thst it will result in the changes to their lives they wish for will have realised that for them nothing has changed.

Assanah Sep 14th 2016 9:59 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051768)
They're just trying to get a few bennies they feel "entitled" to before losing their cash cow. It's the British way. There's a popular British reality TV series about it. AFAIK, benefits street is unique to Britain.

British TV will be one of the things I will miss about the UK. Once the EU subsidies are gone who knows what will be left of this.....

DaveLovesDee Sep 14th 2016 10:06 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12051776)
I did provide a link, look further up. (passports link)

Ah yes. From your link.


The Home Office hinted that ministers could ditch the EU-approved burgundy document

Yesterday, immigration minister Robert Goodwill confirmed that the Home Office was ‘considering potential changes'
It could rain in two years time, too. That's an equally vague statement.


You really hate the 'UK'
More or less than you appear to hate the EU? :p


God help you when if blue passports return.
No-one knows what the replacement passport design will be, but the old ones will still be valid until their expiry date. None of us had to urgently change our passports to the current EU one in 1988.

Oh, and God has nothing to do with it. Neither does Allah.

paulry Sep 14th 2016 10:13 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12051711)
In 10 years time the majority of brexiters will be dead !!! :ohmy:


In 10 years time the EU will be dead.

paulry Sep 14th 2016 10:18 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It's popcorn time!

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploa...rn-600x484.jpg

Vexcore Sep 14th 2016 10:20 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12051799)


https://media.tenor.co/images/544514...752857d53c/raw

amideislas Sep 14th 2016 10:22 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12051796)

What shit did i make up then? you mean my post about the passports? that was a link i came across lol, wasn't me that 'made it up'

Google "Brexit". Most of the rationale for it was made up (as a matter of public record). And people like you bought it. I mean, you and others here are called out constantly on most of the nonsense you post about it. But you just find another false premise to tout, get shot down, then make up another one... It's quite entertaining really.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:11 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.