British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Apr 13th 2018 7:23 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 12481181)
Congratulations on your daft comment. If you are happy to eat hormones, fine. I'm not.

I prefer not to eat halal meat but it is getting increasingly more difficult to find any.

Annetje Apr 13th 2018 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12481236)
I prefer not to eat halal meat but it is getting increasingly more difficult to find any.

Hmmm, slight exaggeration ?

Lion in Winter Apr 13th 2018 8:05 pm

Can I just point out here that goat stew is very tasty.

Expatrick Apr 13th 2018 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 12481181)
Actually, I'm rather partial to donkey stew. Horse meat, especially pony, is too sweet for my taste.

Horse meat is ok, used to have it at school, before the UK joined the Common Market.

Lion in Winter Apr 13th 2018 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12481267)
Horse meat is ok, used to have it at school, before the UK joined the Common Market.

I've eaten horse steak plenty of times in France. Also, frites. It's not bad - a bit coarser texture than cow.

macliam Apr 13th 2018 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12481236)

Hmmm, halal pork would seem unlikely :huh:
maybe you should try kosher?;)

37100 Apr 14th 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12481256)
Can I just point out here that goat stew is very tasty.

Not keen, myself.

37100 Apr 14th 2018 8:39 am

Originally Posted by TrickyTreeRed (Post 12481226)
As they say... You are what you eat.

So you are hormone filled then.:lol:

TrickyTreeRed Apr 14th 2018 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 12481480)
So you are hormone filled then.:lol:

Why yes I am. As are you. And as is every single living being.

https://www.britannica.com/science/hormone

I guess you did not too well in biology class.

37100 Apr 15th 2018 8:38 am

Originally Posted by TrickyTreeRed (Post 12481778)
Why yes I am. As are you. And as is every single living being.

https://www.britannica.com/science/hormone

I guess you did not too well in biology class.

Don't live in the UK. :lol:. Though I did in the 80's which means I can't give blood where I live because I'm a mad cow.:rofl:

Ingles Apr 15th 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 12481881)
Don't live in the UK. :lol:. Though I did in the 80's which means I can't give blood where I live because I'm a mad cow.:rofl:

As your living in Italy , you should be the last one to make a joke ole mate!
Years back I was part off a supply chain , we exported live cattle in large numbers to your adopted country , over night the complete system crashed like a house off card's

The Italian's who where fattening & finishing the cattle, where found to be still injecting hormones within the forbidden six week period before slaughter.

This came about because the Italian Health system in one area had suddenly a massive increase in unexplained problems amongst local population.
It only took them a couple off weeks to identify possible cause & after taking blood samples from the people who where unwell to double check , they confirmed it was a "overdose" off hormones !
All the cattle in this area where tested & +/- 90% where slaughtered & declared unfit for human consumption.
And our business collapsed !

dougal03 Apr 15th 2018 11:23 am

I think Concierge meant by"mad cow" & not giving blood was,as happened to me in Spain.I was a blood donor in my area until I was stopped because of the previous incidents of mad cow disease that had been reported in UK even though it had been some years ago.

macliam Apr 15th 2018 11:59 am

Not a good decade for blood, the 80s...... after a road accident and a 4-day coma, I awoke to a smashed right arm (now fixed,TG) a split down the side of my forehead and a fractured skull. "Good news!! They said, "You lost a lot of blood but we transfused 8 units and you're alright now.." (that's way more than an armful!)

When I recovered I decided to go along to give back some blood, but I was informed, very, very quietly, that they weren't sure whether my blood was "tainted" ..... because there had been insufficient screening for HIV and/or HepC. It's still on my records today.....

Luckily, I seem to be OK - but no more blood donating for me.....

Fredbargate Apr 15th 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dougal03 (Post 12481962)
I think Concierge meant by"mad cow" & not giving blood was,as happened to me in Spain.I was a blood donor in my area until I was stopped because of the previous incidents of mad cow disease that had been reported in UK even though it had been some years ago.

I remember it well.
The Spanish banned Marmite from crossing into Spain from Gibraltar :rofl:

Annetje Apr 15th 2018 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12482070)
I remember it well.
The Spanish banned Marmite from crossing into Spain from Gibraltar :rofl:

:hysterical::hysterical:

:sarcasm: