British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Apr 2nd 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474615)
So your vote options will be:

(a). Agree the FTA and brexit

(b). Don't agree the FTA and brexit

Is that it?

If those are the options on the paper, correct.

DaveLovesDee Apr 2nd 2018 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474616)
He explicitly states he is a remainer in this video, in the vast majority of his videos he is dissing leavers, occasionally he skewers remainiacs as crazies. You are, as usual, completely wrong.

I mentioned satirical. Was I wrong?
I mentioned fictional character. Was I wrong?

I guess I wasn't completely wrong.

amideislas Apr 2nd 2018 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474616)
He explicitly states he is a remainer in this video, in the vast majority of his videos he is dissing leavers, occasionally he skewers remainiacs as crazies. You are, as usual, completely wrong.

Erm, it's satire, not journalism. All OK up there on planet Xetox?

For someone who claims they don't read the express, you sure sound like it sometimes.

Edit: sorry DLD... Simultaneous post.

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12474479)
Another ad-hom from the master of the dismissive response! Please demonstrate a post in which I show such traits, except in your imagination. There is only one bigot in this conversation.

You started off this round with:

What a dick you are!
when I was making some perfectly reasonable points back and forth with Jimenato - the first thing out of your mouth was typical hatred and ad-hominem.

I suggested I would ignore your ad-hom and anti-British attitude and you then move onto:

I'll ignore your snivelling anglo racism
You then move onto questioning the character of the UK:

they have learned not to trust UK promises.
Whereas the reality is that the UK has been a pretty decent and upstanding country compared to many across the EU over the past 100 years. It is this knee-jerk anti-British (mostly English) that permeates so many of the Celtic fringe.

You can always find an ABE when it comes to sport - here where you are happy the English are losing - it's not happy the Irish are doing well, it's enjoyment about the English losing. I have spent time amongst many Celts, they are taught their ABE at an early age and no matter how far they travel from the next, it seems to stick with them. It does not do them justice and makes them a small and petty people.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/loung.../#post12460404

I don't blame you, it's often hard to shed the bigotry instilled in ones youth.

Finally, a quick look at the Irish pages of this very website might show you that there are quite a few UK citizens who choose to retire in Ireland.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of your paranoia?
It's a tiny amount compared to the Irish who moved to the UK and we were talking about moving to work not retiring.

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12474622)
I mentioned satirical. Was I wrong?
I mentioned fictional character. Was I wrong?

I guess I wasn't completely wrong.

You said he was a leave reporter - 100% wrong.

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12474623)

For someone who claims they don't read the express, you sure sound like it sometimes.

Yes, I understand that, and he satirises leavers for the vast majority of his videos. It was refreshing to see him skewer the remainiac for once.

SultanOfSwing Apr 2nd 2018 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474629)
You started off this round with:
when I was making some perfectly reasonable points back and forth with Jimenato - the first thing out of your mouth was typical hatred and ad-hominem.

I suggested I would ignore your ad-hom and anti-British attitude and you then move onto:

You then move onto questioning the character of the UK:
Whereas the reality is that the UK has been a pretty decent and upstanding country compared to many across the EU over the past 100 years. It is this knee-jerk anti-British (mostly English) that permeates so many of the Celtic fringe.

You can always find an ABE when it comes to sport - here where you are happy the English are losing - it's not happy the Irish are doing well, it's enjoyment about the English losing. I have spent time amongst many Celts, they are taught their ABE at an early age and no matter how far they travel from the next, it seems to stick with them. It does not do them justice and makes them a small and petty people.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/loung.../#post12460404

I don't blame you, it's often hard to shed the bigotry instilled in ones youth.

It's a tiny amount compared to the Irish who moved to the UK and we were talking about moving to work not retiring.

Holy crap, you're insecure, aren't you?

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12474635)
Holy crap, you're insecure, aren't you?

Haters gonna hate.

SultanOfSwing Apr 2nd 2018 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474638)
Haters gonna hate.

One-dimensional, insecure, intellectually bankrupt whiners gonna whine.

amideislas Apr 2nd 2018 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474633)
Yes, I understand that, and he satirises leavers for the vast majority of his videos. It was refreshing to see him skewer the remainiac for once.

OK, I thought there might be a point to your post. It just appeared that you took it seriously... like an express article, for example. "Remainiac reporter goes bonkers on live TV" kind of thing (although in brexiteer tradition, no such thing)..

DaveLovesDee Apr 2nd 2018 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12474623)

No apology needed from you. It's good to be on the same page together.

DaveLovesDee Apr 2nd 2018 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474630)
You said he was a leave reporter - 100% wrong.

I said he was a caricature of a Leave reporter. Check again, then look up the word 'caricuture'.

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12474640)
One-dimensional, insecure, intellectually bankrupt whiners gonna whine.

You're being too hard on yourself. ;)

Cape Blue Apr 2nd 2018 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12474649)
I said he was a caricature of a Leave reporter. Check again, then look up the word 'caricuture'.

Caricature is an exaggeration - Pie is a remain reporter, that is the opposite to a leave reporter or opposite to a caricature of a leave reporter.

SultanOfSwing Apr 2nd 2018 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12474656)
You're being too hard on yourself. ;)

Oh, come on, don't just give in and throw out the 'I know you are, but what am I?' reply.

I'm disappointed.