British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Expatrick Mar 31st 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12473268)

Nice to see a little patriotism :thumbsup:

Shame many from the UK do not have it :thumbdown:

Spoken by a "patriot" who's not sufficiently "patriotic" to support his Country's position in the World.

Expatrick Mar 31st 2018 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473357)
Says the queen of the school playground with her superior, petty, snide digs the whole time.

Pre-pubescent girl meets adult female - with predictable result.

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473643)
No, that's just in a different bubble.

You're entitled to your opinion, although the article was quite realistic and refrained from overt political bias, as most outside the British bubble tend to do (eerily consistent with the world outside of England). And that seems perfectly logical, since they have the benefit of objectivity.

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12473680)
Pre-pubescent girl meets adult female - with predictable result.

Sounds like one of your fantasies - you should get that looked at.

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12473682)
You're entitled to your opinion, although the article was quite realistic and refrained from overt political bias, as most outside the British bubble tend to do (eerily consistent with the world outside of England). And that seems perfectly logical, since they have the benefit of objectivity.

No it's "realistic and refrained from overt political bias" because it appeals to you in your bubble with your bias.

The very tittle is:

Brexit is 1 year away. Here's what could still go wrong
Hardly starts off in an objective way.

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473691)
No it's "realistic and refrained from overt political bias" because it appeals to you in your bubble with your bias.

The very tittle is:
Hardly starts off in an objective way.

Oh, should it be "here's how England will again rule the world"? Well, that would be a uniquely English viewpoint as compared to the insignificant "rest of the world"..

Get real.

Red Eric Mar 31st 2018 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473691)
...The very tittle is...

* snicker *

Expatrick Mar 31st 2018 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473690)
Sounds like one of your fantasies - you should get that looked at.

Schizophrenia - a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.
(in general use) a mentality or approach characterized by inconsistent or contradictory elements.

Lion in Winter Mar 31st 2018 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12473659)
:thumbdown: Easy for you to be so cavalier about it from the behind the safety of your screen but Lion in Winter has actually been credited with destroying Western civilisation by more astute posters than you on this site.

Nice to get some recognition finally.

la mancha Mar 31st 2018 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12473485)
Ripping off the British taxpayer by over 100million.
It's De la Rue who are putting profit before their employees.
Employers like you the so called Elite.

Since you people still want to drag this out I will reply. The petition is not about political loyalties or Brexit or the EU but making a point, and that point is telling the government what you think, you want to safeguard British jobs, as per the Unite website.

All I did was post ‘I have just signed the Daily Mail petition to get the new British passport printed in Britain. If you want to support British jobs here is the link.’ No insults, no telling people what to do, just a plain old link to a petition, and you all jumped on me. I don’t care if you do not want to join Unite and send a message to the government in support of British jobs. You can live with your consciences, if you have any, I really don’t care about any of you, but after the barrage of drivel I received, I asked why not just put a simple click on a petition. And this is what I got back, every quote from a Remainer.

‘Why havent you emailed Dr la Rue asking them why they are ripping off the British passport holders ?’

‘You are such a drama queen.’

‘Is there a Daily Mail petition requesting that it doesn't print misleading headline…?’ A nice one, Red, pitiful, coming from you, but nice, all the same.

‘Look what Bipat and Cape Blue said.’ Even better, Red. Who would have thought you, of all posters, would use Bipat and Cape Blue as an excuse for anything, but any port in a storm, eh, Red?

‘Market forces, innit!’

‘I'm not UK resident.’ Your excuses get even better, Red. Just look up the Unite/Mirror petition and you will see it has a pop-down tab that lists every country in the world where a British citizen can sign from. All you need is a post code. Go on; now tell me you haven’t got one of those.

‘It's disgusting to read how you are trying to use British workers for your own gratification.’ How so, when I am following Unite and signing a petition which you Remainers will not?

‘How many other companies have had massive job cuts yet no Daily Mail petition?’ A lovely bit of whataboutism. Well now is your time to speak out and do something tangible.

‘But there'll be crop picking jobs available because EU migrants are going elsewhere due to Brexit uncertainty.’

‘I want nothing to do with bigoted idiots who challenge the patriotism of anyone who does not agree with them.’ This, laughably, from EMR, calling others bigoted idiots, one who uses insults for everyone who disagrees with him.

And last, but not least…

‘I've never done so before - why should I this time?’

Well, this is the first petition I have signed and I did it because I read what Len McCluskey and Louisa Bull had to say and I strongly think I should do something, no matter how small.

Sign the (Mirror) petition against this betrayal of British workers, says Unite. How about it, Red, feel like supporting Unite and British workers and signing?

I now expect the usual crowd to come back to me with their sneering digs and insults, safe in their comfort zone of the sneering mob. Funny how these Remainers are always looking down on others and talking down Britain (and if not please show me a post where you talked up Britain – anyone?), yet when they have a chance to put their money where their mouths are and do something positive they decline with amazingly pathetic excuses. Really, some of the excuses you give for not signing a child would be embarrassed to use (and I don’t care if you do or do not sign – I posted the link to call you out and I was right in my assumption of you Remainers; a bunch of mocking, infantile, condescending, gutless quitters who run at the first chance to do something tangible in support of Unite and British workers).

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 9:37 pm

You always drag it out. And in the end, say very little.

Anyway, how's that "Brexit boom" going (today)? :popcorn:

DaveLovesDee Mar 31st 2018 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12473702)
I posted the link to call you out and I was right in my assumption of you Remainers; a bunch of mocking, infantile, condescending, gutless quitters who run at the first chance to do something tangible in support of Unite and British workers).

Oh, so you didn't post the link because you cares about the cause. It was to bait the rest of us.

Awwwwwwww.

Lion in Winter Mar 31st 2018 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12473702)
Since you people still want to drag this out I will reply. The petition is not about political loyalties or Brexit or the EU but making a point, and that point is telling the government what you think, you want to safeguard British jobs, as per the Unite website.

All I did was post ‘I have just signed the Daily Mail petition to get the new British passport printed in Britain. If you want to support British jobs here is the link.’ No insults, no telling people what to do, just a plain old link to a petition, and you all jumped on me. I don’t care if you do not want to join Unite and send a message to the government in support of British jobs. You can live with your consciences, if you have any, I really don’t care about any of you, but after the barrage of drivel I received, I asked why not just put a simple click on a petition. And this is what I got back, every quote from a Remainer.

‘Why havent you emailed Dr la Rue asking them why they are ripping off the British passport holders ?’

‘You are such a drama queen.’

‘Is there a Daily Mail petition requesting that it doesn't print misleading headline…?’ A nice one, Red, pitiful, coming from you, but nice, all the same.

‘Look what Bipat and Cape Blue said.’ Even better, Red. Who would have thought you, of all posters, would use Bipat and Cape Blue as an excuse for anything, but any port in a storm, eh, Red?

‘Market forces, innit!’

‘I'm not UK resident.’ Your excuses get even better, Red. Just look up the Unite/Mirror petition and you will see it has a pop-down tab that lists every country in the world where a British citizen can sign from. All you need is a post code. Go on; now tell me you haven’t got one of those.

‘It's disgusting to read how you are trying to use British workers for your own gratification.’ How so, when I am following Unite and signing a petition which you Remainers will not?

‘How many other companies have had massive job cuts yet no Daily Mail petition?’ A lovely bit of whataboutism. Well now is your time to speak out and do something tangible.

‘But there'll be crop picking jobs available because EU migrants are going elsewhere due to Brexit uncertainty.’

‘I want nothing to do with bigoted idiots who challenge the patriotism of anyone who does not agree with them.’ This, laughably, from EMR, calling others bigoted idiots, one who uses insults for everyone who disagrees with him.

And last, but not least…

‘I've never done so before - why should I this time?’

Well, this is the first petition I have signed and I did it because I read what Len McCluskey and Louisa Bull had to say and I strongly think I should do something, no matter how small.

Sign the (Mirror) petition against this betrayal of British workers, says Unite. How about it, Red, feel like supporting Unite and British workers and signing?

I now expect the usual crowd to come back to me with their sneering digs and insults, safe in their comfort zone of the sneering mob. Funny how these Remainers are always looking down on others and talking down Britain (and if not please show me a post where you talked up Britain – anyone?), yet when they have a chance to put their money where their mouths are and do something positive they decline with amazingly pathetic excuses. Really, some of the excuses you give for not signing a child would be embarrassed to use (and I don’t care if you do or do not sign – I posted the link to call you out and I was right in my assumption of you Remainers; a bunch of mocking, infantile, condescending, gutless quitters who run at the first chance to do something tangible in support of Unite and British workers).

Again, it is not up to you to "call anyone out" and nobody is likely to tell you whether they have signed it or not. Why on earth should they? It's none of your business and it's not up to you to shout at people in this virtual space demanding that they answer you or that they sign something any more than it would be on a real street. Nasty little bullying habit, that is. Nobody is accountable to you, no matter how much you insult them - and you do insult them, so it's no good complaining when people take the piss in return.

SultanOfSwing Apr 1st 2018 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473356)
Haters gonna hate.

Point proven, once again.

Fredbargate Apr 1st 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12473675)
Spoken by a "patriot" who's not sufficiently "patriotic" to support his Country's position in the World.

Would you care to explain?