British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Expatrick Mar 31st 2018 8:57 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I live in Europe, I support European jobs.

jimenato Mar 31st 2018 9:11 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12473260)
You still don’t understand. I posted a link to a petition and that was all. Posters suddenly jumped on me so I responded. So to those who have not signed, and there are a few who have said they have not, I ask why not? I am only curious. If one wants to answer me with diversions and BS then I ask again. I do not occupy any moral high ground or tell people what they have to do. I do not insult those who do not see things the way I do. I leave that to your sidekick, SoS. All I wanted to know was why not click on a petition to help safeguard British jobs, as UNITE asks us to do.

I've never done so before - why should I this time?

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 9:23 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12473480)
I live in Europe, I support European jobs.

:thumbsup:

EMR Mar 31st 2018 9:23 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473223)
So petty - you won't click a link to help your compatriots keep their jobs because someone online has a different opinion than you. The elite writ large.

Ripping off the British taxpayer by over 100million.
It's De la Rue who are putting profit before their employees.
Employers like you the so called Elite.

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 10:49 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12473451)
Meanwhile...

Here's a good (and easy read) summary of the state of Brexit so far. From a perspective outside the bubble:

Brexit is 1 year away.

Certainly the title sounds like it will a fair and balanced article.


Brexit is 1 year away. Here's what could still go wrong

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 10:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12473485)
Ripping off the British taxpayer by over 100million.
It's De la Rue who are putting profit before their employees.
Employers like you the so called Elite.

You said you wouldn't sign because:

Not when you and those who think like you challenge the patriotism of anyone who does not have your narrow minded view of events and ignorance of facts.
Basically because you're spat your dummy out of the pram.

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 12:04 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473503)
Certainly the title sounds like it will a fair and balanced article.

Like I said. From outside the bubble.

EMR Mar 31st 2018 12:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473504)
You said you wouldn't sign because:
Basically because you're spat your dummy out of the pram.

If DLR drop their price, I would sign the Unite petition.
Not one that attacks the patriotism of anyone who disagrees with them.
Let DLR show their patriotism and support for their workers.
It will not affect me as I will be getting a new red passport in a couple of months, made by DLR.
Do you think DLR should drop their price and not rip off the British taxpayer.

Lion in Winter Mar 31st 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473357)
Says the queen of the school playground with her superior, petty, snide digs the whole time.

Haters gonna hate :)

Lion in Winter Mar 31st 2018 2:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12473482)
I've never done so before - why should I this time?

Maybe we'll be ok if we just name to The Committee friends and neighbours we know to have not signed the petition?

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12473526)
Like I said. From outside the bubble.

No, that's just in a different bubble.

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12473537)
If DLR drop their price, I would sign the Unite petition.
Not one that attacks the patriotism of anyone who disagrees with them.
Let DLR show their patriotism and support for their workers.
It will not affect me as I will be getting a new red passport in a couple of months, made by DLR.
Do you think DLR should drop their price and not rip off the British taxpayer.

Those are different points, not the reason you first stated.

EMR Mar 31st 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473645)
Those are different points, not the reason you first stated.

So what,
Do you agree that DLR should match the price and stop complaint.
All those braying about patriotism should also be directing their anger at DLR.

Red Eric Mar 31st 2018 7:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473357)
Says the queen of the school playground with her superior, petty, snide digs the whole time.

:thumbdown: Easy for you to be so cavalier about it from the behind the safety of your screen but Lion in Winter has actually been credited with destroying Western civilisation by more astute posters than you on this site.

Cape Blue Mar 31st 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12473659)
:thumbdown: Easy for you to be so cavalier about it from the behind the safety of your screen but Lion in Winter has actually been credited with destroying Western civilisation by more astute posters than you on this site.

I've really no idea what you are trying to say there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.