British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473251)
Yes, the spousal income thing is shameful. A citizen of a country should be able to marry and bring to the UK the spouse of their choice.

Such a typically potato-headed Tory approach as well. Hurr Durr, all these extra EUs are coming in. I know, let's arbitrarily punish British citizens for having the audacity to outsource their genitals durr hurr.


Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473251)
I think Nutek is also probably real. Bots don't eat that much pie.

That's exactly what a bot designed to eat pie would want you to think.

Annetje Mar 30th 2018 7:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Alianco (Post 12473252)
The great thing about Brexit is that ultimately it will improve the British economy or it won't and no matter how little the public holds facts in regard, the evidence will be there for all to see.
As a remainer I will make this public promise that if Britain's economy improves as a result of Brexit, if fewer migrants mean more jobs for Brits and wages are consequently driven up, If we make great trade deals with the rest of the world including Europe, if a seamless border in Northern Ireland stops any return to the troubles, If the financial services still provide a huge percentage of our income, If human rights are at least maintained if not strengthened, if our industries grow to supply a global need, If a substantial amount of money is freed up to be spent on the NHS and other social necessities, I will come on this website and start a thread called 'I WAS WRONG' in shouty capitals. I will also invite all remainers to join me and admit their mistake. I won't include any positive effect on society in the list since that is subjective. I will also not try to get any excuses in early, but will wait for the evidence. I'd like to put a time limit on it, but I think that would not be fair. Let's hope I'm still alive then.
I look forward to a leave voter taking up the challenge with a similar offer to admit they are wrong should the above not come to pass.
Who says I am nervous of healthy debate?

That was just Manch misunderstanding your last post ...

That's one big wish list :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

scrubbedexpat056 Mar 30th 2018 7:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I thought that was the point of Brexit

la mancha Mar 30th 2018 7:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473239)
Again, you have no idea who has done what, or why, or how to safeguard jobs. You are not the arbiter of the rightness of the actions of others nor of what they consider to be effective.

So yeah, I would say that "give it a rest" with respect to the attempt at occupying the moral high ground and telling people what they have to do to be in your little club, and insulting them if they don't want to respond to your attempt to make people do and say what you want, when and how you want, is the most appropriate response.

You still don’t understand. I posted a link to a petition and that was all. Posters suddenly jumped on me so I responded. So to those who have not signed, and there are a few who have said they have not, I ask why not? I am only curious. If one wants to answer me with diversions and BS then I ask again. I do not occupy any moral high ground or tell people what they have to do. I do not insult those who do not see things the way I do. I leave that to your sidekick, SoS. All I wanted to know was why not click on a petition to help safeguard British jobs, as UNITE asks us to do.

amideislas Mar 30th 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Because it won't do what's on the tin, and if successful, may have other undesirable side effects. Kind of like Brexit, for example.

Fredbargate Mar 30th 2018 7:21 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12472589)
UK should offer Gibraltar back to Spain - as a bargaining chip in the brexit negotiations.

Brexit: What happens to Gibraltar after UK leaves EU - BBC News

Nice to see a little patriotism :thumbsup:

Shame many from the UK do not have it :thumbdown:

jimenato Mar 30th 2018 7:35 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Alianco (Post 12473250)
The great thing about Brexit is that ultimately it will improve the British economy or it won't and no matter how little the public holds facts in regard, the evidence will be there for all to see.
As a remainer I will make this public promise that if Britain's economy improves as a result of Brexit, if fewer migrants mean more jobs for Brits and wages are consequently driven up, If we make great trade deals with the rest of the world including Europe, if a seamless border in Northern Ireland stops any return to the troubles, If the financial services still provide a huge percentage of our income, If human rights are at least maintained if not strengthened, if our industries grow to supply a global need, If a substantial amount of money is freed up to be spent on the NHS and other social necessities, I will come on this website and start a thread called 'I WAS WRONG' in shouty capitals. I will also invite all remainers to join me and admit their mistake. I won't include any positive effect on society in the list since that is subjective. I will also not try to get any excuses in early, but will wait for the evidence. I'd like to put a time limit on it, but I think that would not be fair. Let's hope I'm still alive then.
I look forward to a leave voter taking up the challenge with a similar offer to admit they are wrong should the above not come to pass.
Who says I am nervous of healthy debate?

If I'm wrong and it all turns out OK I will admit it.

I posted something like that some time ago - maybe about 2000 pages.

Do not expect an answer from a Brexiteer - it is not about evidence or results for them - it is a faith - a religion.

They just believe.

amideislas Mar 30th 2018 7:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12473268)
Brexit: What happens to Gibraltar after UK leaves EU - BBC News

Nice to see a little patriotism :thumbsup:

Shame many from the UK do not have it :thumbdown:

Patriotism? Very nice. But I think England has bigger problems to worry about now. Or you can keep worrying about stuff like patriotism and blue passports...

Red Eric Mar 30th 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473254)
That's exactly what a bot designed to eat pie would want you to think.

Aha!

That might be an unbeatable pictorial challenge.

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 8:24 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12473311)
Aha!

That might be an unbeatable pictorial challenge.

You'd have thought but these are crazy times we live in:

https://cdn.iogames.club/uploads/gam...thumb_icon.png

I believe it's a mobile game :lol:

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 8:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12473311)
Aha!

That might be an unbeatable pictorial challenge.

You have thrown down the gauntlet. Will it be picked up?

Edit: well that didn't last long.

Cape Blue Mar 30th 2018 10:14 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473224)
You really are an insufferably self-righteous little prick, aren't you?

Haters gonna hate.

Cape Blue Mar 30th 2018 10:16 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473235)
What colours would they be? What an odd comment. We aren't tribes, just grown ups having a disagreemental over issues. Well some of us anyway. What's with this school playground approach?

Says the queen of the school playground with her superior, petty, snide digs the whole time.

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 5:43 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
(throws sand out of the box).

amideislas Mar 31st 2018 7:14 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Meanwhile...

Here's a good (and easy read) summary of the state of Brexit so far. From a perspective outside the bubble:

Brexit is 1 year away.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:45 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.