British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Cape Blue Mar 30th 2018 7:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12473181)
Not when you and those who think like you challenge the patriotism of anyone who does not have your narrow minded view of events and ignorance of facts.

So petty - you won't click a link to help your compatriots keep their jobs because someone online has a different opinion than you. The elite writ large.

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473222)
Puerile, petty, passive-aggressive - it's all she's got. I rarely bother with her apart from the odd prod to let her show her colours.

You really are an insufferably self-righteous little prick, aren't you?

amideislas Mar 30th 2018 7:12 pm

The petition won't save jobs. And besides, I thought the UK was "booming" because of Brexit (or is it another "we're all impoverished because of the EU" day?).

Anyway, you're objecting too much about something that just doesn't matter. And blue passports don't matter either. And the £400+ million to change them is just plain stupid, whoever makes them.

Give it up.

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12473222)
Puerile, petty, passive-aggressive - it's all she's got. I rarely bother with her apart from the odd prod to let her show her colours.

What colours would they be? What an odd comment. We aren't tribes, just grown ups having a disagreemental over issues. Well some of us anyway. What's with this school playground approach?

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473235)
... just grown ups ...

You're being generous.

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12473184)
It isn’t about job insecurity or economic deprivation or blue passports (nice diversion, by the way) but the simple fact that people on here will not sign a petition to safeguard British jobs and not one of you will say why.

And please, do not come out with the ‘give it a rest’. That is a puerile response.

Again, you have no idea who has done what, or why, or how to safeguard jobs. You are not the arbiter of the rightness of the actions of others nor of what they consider to be effective.

So yeah, I would say that "give it a rest" with respect to the attempt at occupying the moral high ground and telling people what they have to do to be in your little club, and insulting them if they don't want to respond to your attempt to make people do and say what you want, when and how you want, is the most appropriate response.

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473239)
Again, you have no idea who has done what, or why, or how to safeguard jobs. You are not the arbiter of the rightness of the actions of others nor of what they consider to be effective.

So yeah, I would say that "give it a rest" with respect to the attempt at occupying the moral high ground and telling people what they have to do to be in your little club, and insulting them if they don't want to respond to your attempt to make people do and say what you want, when and how you want, is the most appropriate response.

I love that he thinks the 20 or so active participants in this thread clicking on some shit-rag's petition is going to make any kind of difference at all in the first place. Delusional twat.

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473236)
You're being generous.

Yeah, well. Maybe they'll let me live in Zone 2 now.

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473242)
Yeah, well. Maybe they'll let me live in Zone 2 now.

Not sure you'd want to anymore, if your neighbors are going to be a bunch of Fail readers.

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473240)
I love that he thinks the 20 or so active participants in this thread clicking on some shit-rag's petition is going to make any kind of difference at all in the first place. Delusional twat.

I suspect it's the blue passport litmus test more than anything else. As far as I have read nobody is actually losing their job over this anyway. That company has a lot of irons in the fire. It's just La Mancha and Blue creating schoolyard factions. Nonsensical.

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473243)
Not sure you'd want to anymore, if your neighbors are going to be a bunch of Fail readers.

It's a good point, although I find it ironic that two people who clearly have a lot more money than I do accuse me of being part of the dreaded "elite". :)

SultanOfSwing Mar 30th 2018 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473244)
I suspect it's the blue passport litmus test more than anything else. As far as I have read nobody is actually losing their job over this anyway. That company has a lot of irons in the fire. It's just La Mancha and Blue creating schoolyard factions. Nonsensical.

What a stupid bloody hill to die on.

Anyway, I have a blue passport right now. Why the hell should I want or need another one? That bitch May already made it clear I'm not welcome to return to the UK by creating the new income requirements for non-EU spouses, so she can do one.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12473246)
It's a good point, although I find it ironic that two people who clearly have a lot more money than I do accuse me of being part of the dreaded "elite". :)

I know, right? I only console myself with the fact that I'm the only real person active on the internet and the rest of you are all bots.

scrubbedexpat056 Mar 30th 2018 7:54 pm

The great thing about Brexit is that ultimately it will improve the British economy or it won't and no matter how little the public holds facts in regard, the evidence will be there for all to see.
As a remainer I will make this public promise that if Britain's economy improves as a result of Brexit, if fewer migrants mean more jobs for Brits and wages are consequently driven up, If we make great trade deals with the rest of the world including Europe, if a seamless border in Northern Ireland stops any return to the troubles, If the financial services still provide a huge percentage of our income, If human rights are at least maintained if not strengthened, if our industries grow to supply a global need, If a substantial amount of money is freed up to be spent on the NHS and other social necessities, I will come on this website and start a thread called 'I WAS WRONG' in shouty capitals. I will also invite all remainers to join me and admit their mistake. I won't include any positive effect on society in the list since that is subjective. I will also not try to get any excuses in early, but will wait for the evidence. I'd like to put a time limit on it, but I think that would not be fair. Let's hope I'm still alive then.
I look forward to a leave voter taking up the challenge with a similar offer to admit they are wrong should the above not come to pass.
Who says I am nervous of healthy debate?

scrubbedexpat056 Mar 30th 2018 7:54 pm

The great thing about Brexit is that ultimately it will improve the British economy or it won't and no matter how little the public holds facts in regard, the evidence will be there for all to see.
As a remainer I will make this public promise that if Britain's economy improves as a result of Brexit, if fewer migrants mean more jobs for Brits and wages are consequently driven up, If we make great trade deals with the rest of the world including Europe, if a seamless border in Northern Ireland stops any return to the troubles, If the financial services still provide a huge percentage of our income, If human rights are at least maintained if not strengthened, if our industries grow to supply a global need, If a substantial amount of money is freed up to be spent on the NHS and other social necessities, I will come on this website and start a thread called 'I WAS WRONG' in shouty capitals. I will also invite all remainers to join me and admit their mistake. I won't include any positive effect on society in the list since that is subjective. I will also not try to get any excuses in early, but will wait for the evidence. I'd like to put a time limit on it, but I think that would not be fair. Let's hope I'm still alive then.
I look forward to a leave voter taking up the challenge with a similar offer to admit they are wrong should the above not come to pass.
Who says I am nervous of healthy debate?

Lion in Winter Mar 30th 2018 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12473249)
What a stupid bloody hill to die on.

Anyway, I have a blue passport right now. Why the hell should I want or need another one? That bitch May already made it clear I'm not welcome to return to the UK by creating the new income requirements for non-EU spouses, so she can do one.

I know, right? I only console myself with the fact that I'm the only real person active on the internet and the rest of you are all bots.

Yes, the spousal income thing is shameful. A citizen of a country should be able to marry and bring to the UK the spouse of their choice.

I think Nutek is also probably real. Bots don't eat that much pie.