Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:17 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post

Excellent and correct.
.... you forgot the imo; - (imo)
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:19 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Read my post, Lion, DLD, EMR and Ami and 007Steve, I am answering a poster who said to me ‘Have I missed your post with links proving your claim that wages have risen substantially in the UK and that all the published figures are wrong.’

I posted a link that told you all that wages are rising substantially for agro, the auto and hospitality sectors. I was right. That is all. Go on all you like with the negativity you are posting but it means nothing. Wages are rising substantially for the low paid in certain sectors because unskilled EU migrant workers are leaving. Read the link again.

I don’t know what you are arguing over. The facts speak for themselves. You see, it doesn’t matter if real wages are falling due to inflation or if it was the end of the main hospitality and agro seasons, or what the National Minimum Wage is for over or under 25s: who gives a shite? WAGES ARE RISING SUBSTANTIALLY FOR THE LOW PAID BECAUSE UNSKILLED EU MIGRANT WORKERS ARE LEAVING. Do you understand?

I can see from the posts on here over the past few weeks that you Remainers are now a spent force: you have nothing left except criticism where there are facts and smarmy comments over grammar and, generally, piss-taking when someone is trying to tell you something. The same old crowd huddle together in their safe space and try to discredit with puerile remarks and comments not relevant to what I am saying. Even when confronted with the facts you dispute them and try to distort them when anyone and everyone can see the true story: wages for low paid are rising substantially because unskilled EU migrant workers are leaving the UK and the more and the quicker they leave the better it will be for British workers.

Lion, 007Steve, Ami, EMR, DLD: your arguments are now yesterday and so are you.
Remainiacs are not interested in positive news, just crying in their beer and lashing out at others.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...h-up-pay-rates
The central bank said its agents, which are based in offices across the country, found that shortages this month across the manufacturing sector were leading to a “slight increase in pay growth” that would take average rate of pay rises up by half a percent, from 2-3% this year to 2.5%-3.5% in 2018.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-for-six-years
The productivity of British workers has increased at the fastest rate in more than six years, handing the government a rare boost in correcting one of the biggest problems facing the UK economy.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...ate-rise-wages
UK earnings growing at fastest rate in more than two years.
The latest snapshot of the labour market from the Office for National Statistics showed that a record high level of employment and a drift from part-time to full-time work pushed up wages in the three months ending in January.

With inflation falling, the ONS said the squeeze on living standards that had dampened consumer spending over the past year had come to an end if bonuses were included in the yardstick used to calculate earnings.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live
UK inflation rate hits seven-month low as Brexit effect fades - business live.
Boost for hard-pressed consumers as Britain’s inflation rate drops to its lowest since July 2017
Even remainiac central at Guardian Towers is having to print good news, albeit through gritted teeth.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:36 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
It shows that Sterling was overvalued regardless of Brexit.

The softening of Sterling will help the UK rebalance it's economy, although unfortunately it has already recouped most of its value against the US$.
The dollar declined amongst a basket of currencies. It's the dollar, not sterling that moved.

Anyway, the markets know that Brexit has no upside. They sold sterling because of it. If it goes further pear-shaped, they'll sell more.

And that's actually how it really is in the real world, no matter how much you'd like to deny it.

Last edited by amideislas; Mar 26th 2018 at 9:38 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Remainiacs are not interested in positive news, just crying in their beer and lashing out at others.

Even remainiac central at Guardian Towers is having to print good news, albeit through gritted teeth.
I saw a clip of Tony Blair today and the headline said he wants a second referendum. He looked so past-your-sell-by date. Like the Remaniacs on here. Yesterday’s people. Pathetic, the lot of them, jumping up and down in their prams waving a rattle at every post, stuck in their snowflake lives seeking the comfort zone of an organisation that is fraying at the edges.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:40 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

How's that Brexit thing going, manch? Kind of "yesterday", innit?

Last edited by amideislas; Mar 26th 2018 at 9:43 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:46 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
How's that Brexit thing going, manch? Kind of "yesterday", innit?
Go easy on them now, roleplaying that they're somehow important or relevant on here in front of a bunch of people they don't know is all they have left to hang on to these days.

Well that and the wank words, of course, endless wank words.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 9:48 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

The dollar declined amongst a basket of currencies. It's the dollar, not sterling that moved.

Anyway, the markets know that Brexit has no upside. They sold sterling because of it. If it goes further pear-shaped, they'll sell more.

And that's actually how it really is in the real world, no matter how much you'd like to deny it.
... It's their last throw of the dice (sorry die) amideislas, 12 months from now & the full picture will be there courtesy of the real world. Tick-tock tick-tock...
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Go easy on them now, roleplaying that they're somehow important or relevant on here in front of a bunch of people they don't know is all they have left to hang on to these days.

Well that and the wank words, of course, endless wank words.
You should know, pal, you invented them.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:43 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Read my post, Lion, DLD, EMR and Ami and 007Steve, I am answering a poster who said to me ‘Have I missed your post with links proving your claim that wages have risen substantially in the UK and that all the published figures are wrong.’

I posted a link that told you all that wages are rising substantially for agro, the auto and hospitality sectors. I was right. That is all. Go on all you like with the negativity you are posting but it means nothing. Wages are rising substantially for the low paid in certain sectors because unskilled EU migrant workers are leaving. Read the link again.

I don’t know what you are arguing over. The facts speak for themselves. You see, it doesn’t matter if real wages are falling due to inflation or if it was the end of the main hospitality and agro seasons, or what the National Minimum Wage is for over or under 25s: who gives a shite? WAGES ARE RISING SUBSTANTIALLY FOR THE LOW PAID BECAUSE UNSKILLED EU MIGRANT WORKERS ARE LEAVING. Do you understand?

I can see from the posts on here over the past few weeks that you Remainers are now a spent force: you have nothing left except criticism where there are facts and smarmy comments over grammar and, generally, piss-taking when someone is trying to tell you something. The same old crowd huddle together in their safe space and try to discredit with puerile remarks and comments not relevant to what I am saying. Even when confronted with the facts you dispute them and try to distort them when anyone and everyone can see the true story: wages for low paid are rising substantially because unskilled EU migrant workers are leaving the UK and the more and the quicker they leave the better it will be for British workers.

The only ones looking fwd to The past are brsxiters who believe that the vote can turn the clock back to a different time and UK.
They will be the ones complaining when they realise that little has changed.
After those growing numbers of migrants from the sub continent, Poles will still be the second largest ethnic group.
Foreign fishing boats will still fish UK waters as UK boats will fish EU waters.
Tens thousands of EU workers will still come to the UK every year.
The EU will still be our largest market with UK companies conforming to EU rules regs and specifications.
Your passport will be blue, not made in the UK ,and you will still chunter on and on about anyone who like you does not live in the past as being anti Brit.
As each year passes your numbers will decline and new generations will deal with the world as it is not as you would like it to be.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 11:08 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

It shows that Sterling was overvalued regardless of Brexit.

The softening of Sterling will help the UK rebalance it's economy, although unfortunately it has already recouped most of its value against the US$.
Great news for me. I'm already getting a better rate when buying CA$ since last September.

Sorry Master. I must learn my place.

Spoiler:
Old Mar 27th 2018, 1:20 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Vexcore? Is that you?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 4:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You really ought to be a little less selective in your quoting you know. You might have included all the stuff in there about rising interest rates and about businesses not investing due to concerns about lack of labour. But you didn't.

You might have thought to mention that some of this "improvement" is simply starting to get us back towards where we were before the referendum happened in the first place. Running to stand still. But you didn't.

You might have mentioned that wages actually fell, unless you count in bonuses. Who is getting those bonuses do you reckon? The low wage earners?

And then of course there's this.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...reas-worst-off

That's the problem with economics. If you just pick and choose the bits you like you don't get an accurate picture. And it's certainly never as simple as "the foreigners are leaving, it's going to be great now".

The government both could and should have addressed all these problems at any time they chose to, but they did not. Nor do they plan to now. It was never anything to do with the EU, that was just a convenient red herring. And now the same people will get screwed who always get screwed, but with the loss of our forward-thinking partnership on top of it.

And while some of you move to Spain and Canada, I will be trying to move back to the UK, with my son, and if we can get there we will do our best to get along without you and try to help put the country right for those on the losing end. That will not include ranting about "eastern Europeans" or people living in zone 2.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:02 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You really ought to be a little less selective in your quoting you know. You might have included all the stuff in there about rising interest rates and about businesses not investing due to concerns about lack of labour. But you didn't.
Interest rates have been excessively low in the UK since 2009 - they were reduced to record lows to prop up the economy in the wake of the global financial crisis - it would be healthier if they were higher.

You might have thought to mention that some of this "improvement" is simply starting to get us back towards where we were before the referendum happened in the first place. Running to stand still. But you didn't.

You might have mentioned that wages actually fell, unless you count in bonuses. Who is getting those bonuses do you reckon? The low wage earners?
https://www.ft.com/content/adb2f7ea-...2-5661783e5589

One group in Britain is enjoying inflation-busting pay rises: the lower paid.

Weekly pay for the poorest 10 per cent of workers rose at an annual rate of 3.2 per cent from April 2016 to April 2017, according to a detailed survey of employers published on Thursday.
And then of course there's this.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...reas-worst-off

That's the problem with economics. If you just pick and choose the bits you like you don't get an accurate picture. And it's certainly never as simple as "the foreigners are leaving, it's going to be great now".
Foriegners aren't leaving, we still had a quarter of a million more arrive than leave over the past 12 months - foreigners are coming not going.

The government both could and should have addressed all these problems at any time they chose to, but they did not. Nor do they plan to now. It was never anything to do with the EU, that was just a convenient red herring. And now the same people will get screwed who always get screwed, but with the loss of our forward-thinking partnership on top of it.
Previous governments could have addressed some of the issues, but they cannot stop FOM and any European can move to the UK to take up a minimum wage job - helping stagnate wages and ramp rents.

And while some of you move to Spain and Canada, I will be trying to move back to the UK, with my son, and if we can get there we will do our best to get along without you and try to help put the country right for those on the losing end. That will not include ranting about "eastern Europeans" or people living in zone 2.
Who is ranting about eastern Europeans, having a discussion about the appropriate amount of migration is not ranting, no matter how much PC liberal virtue-signalers like to say it is to close down the discussion.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:06 am
Democracy advocate

Over the past 12 months Sterling has strengthened against the US$, the Yen, the Canadian $, the Chinese Yuan, The Australian $ and so-on. That is the real world.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:10 am
Democracy advocate

I saw a clip of Tony Blair today and the headline said he wants a second referendum. He looked so past-your-sell-by date. Like the Remaniacs on here. Yesterday’s people. Pathetic, the lot of them, jumping up and down in their prams waving a rattle at every post, stuck in their snowflake lives seeking the comfort zone of an organisation that is fraying at the edges.
It's been enjoyable to watch the posters on the Guardian website get behind Blair and Heseltine etc - two people they absolutely detest but they will throw their principles out the window if someone says they are a remainiac and wants a second go at it.

Pie absolutely nails it here:
https://www.facebook.com/bbcthree/vi...5637772295787/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.