British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 3:54 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051149)
How's this for a deal: you accept the democratic decision to leave with good grace & I promise you'll never hear me complain about the UK leaving the EU?;)

I don't have to accept anything - I wasn't part of it, there is nothing for me to accept. Don't mean to be pedantic but the 'decision to leave' still rests with parliament. Referendums are merely advisory.

But this thread is still completely pointless because brexit, whatever the hell it is, hasn't happened yet. When it does, maybe in six months, maybe in five years, then the thread will be relevant. Until then, we might as well shitpost to pass the time.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 3:55 pm

I think TGA and Wol did a pretty good job of using that as an answer for everything. I think mfe did at times, but I can't be arsed to search his posts.

And true... It's fun just watching the bullshit and head banging.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051149)
How's this for a deal: you accept the democratic decision to leave with good grace & I promise you'll never hear me complain about the UK leaving the EU?;)

The mind boggles what the poor sad souls would do for the rest of their lives, with nothing left to live for.

I suppose they could always spend their miserable days zapping Pokemen, pretending each and every one voted leave. :cool:

Ingles Sep 13th 2016 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050961)
Here we have a bunch of hysterical nutters bellyaching about a decision arrived at by Democratic means in a system whereby they were all free to participate,

.....because they'd much rather live under a corrupt, rotten to the core, dictatorial system where they'd have about as much say as the office cat.

YOU JUST COULDN'T MAKE IT UP .

:cool:

How can you call it "Democratic" when myself & very many thousands like me where refused to the right to Vote ?

Utter BS
I know this is going back over well trodden ground , but when -rats like you & "loved ones" come out with it , well FO

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 4:04 pm

Well, the whole thing has been based on false premises from the start. Look at our favourite cartoon character. Still living in some alternate reality... And there's millions like him. It would be funny if it weren't so scary.

I blame the tabloids. Out of all the media in the world, they're the only ones who print this stuff in the way they do. I'm surprised they don't get sued for zillions more often. But maybe there's just no journalistic integrity laws in the UK. Freedom of speech?

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12051158)
How can you call it "Democratic" when myself & very many thousands like me where refused to the right to Vote ?

Utter BS
I know this is going back over well trodden ground , but when -rats like you & "loved ones" come out with it , well FO

A completely unnecessary insult at the end which is probably best left ignored but those that were refused the right to vote either didn't bother to check the rules properly or were prohibited from voting by the laws of the day.

Those rules incidentally were changed just a few years ago and every single one of us had the right to contact their respective elected representative & ask him/her not to support the proposed motion.

If they failed to do so or if their elected representative voted against their wishes then that's another example of democracy in action.

To the best of my knowledge no-one was illegally cheated out of their vote but if anyone was, I'd suggest they contact the Electoral Commission & report it asap.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 4:10 pm

Aside from lying...

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 4:13 pm

EU bigwig warns Spain: Your next government WILL have to enforce economic cutbacks | World | News | Daily Express

Damned Spanish stepping out of line and not obeying orders at all times again.

The sooner they get this Eu army formed, the sooner they'll be able to march in anywhere they like and take over full control from such inept govts. :cool:

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051162)
Well, the whole thing has been based on false premises from the start. Look at our favourite cartoon character. Still living in some alternate reality... And there's millions like him. It would be funny if it weren't so scary.

I blame the tabloids. Out of all the media in the world, they're the only ones who print this stuff in the way they do. I'm surprised they don't get sued for zillions more often. But maybe there's just no journalistic integrity laws in the UK. Freedom of speech?

Nothing to do with both sides presenting endless BS, propaganda & lies then?

As I see it, neither side told the electorate the truth but admittedly neither side had many facts to present simply because what would happen in the future was entirely a case of speculation........ However, the remain side really did overegg the pudding with their ridiculous claims of imminent WWIII & shock budgets etc etc...... & quite honestly, I think that swayed a large part of the undecided vote because they simply saw through it.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051169)

Ah, so neither side came out of this with their hands clean, then?

OK, there's only one thing to do - have another referendum ... :scarper:

(Also, lighten up.)

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 4:22 pm

Brussels will face consequences if EU tramples on result of Hungary referendum | World | News | Daily Express

There again some countries ain't going to take it lying down and the EU could face "consequences".

Now where have I heard that before ?

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051169)

As I see it, neither side told the electorate the truth but admittedly neither side had many facts to present simply because what would happen in the future was entirely a case of speculation........ However, the remain side really did overegg the pudding with their ridiculous claims of imminent WWIII & shock budgets etc etc...... & quite honestly, I think that swayed a large part of the undecided vote because they simply saw through it.

Well, nobody's preparing lawsuits against the remain camp.

Besides, the predictions of the remain camp have yet to be realised (or proven wrong). The lies of the leave camp have been proven. And frankly, you know it's true. That's why barristers are preparing lawsuits and so on..

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051171)

(Also, lighten up.)

Or how about a referendum on whether we should have another referendum on whether we should have a Brexit referendum? :rofl:

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051178)
Or how about a referendum on whether we should have another referendum on whether we should have a Brexit referendum? :rofl:

Let me set up a focus group and we'll get back to you with our findings in a few weeks.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051171)

(Also, lighten up.)

Of course, follow standard EU procedure, until they eventually get the result they want.