British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Mar 23rd 2018 10:26 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12468314)
It was la mancha's example from yesterday and a house, rather than an apartment but the tenant was apparently paying £500 per week for a room and no shortage of takers for the work or the room. Unless it was a typo? :

Yes, it was a typo I could not be bothered to correct at the time, leaving it to my next post, which you obviously saw and understood, but you could not help that cynical dig again, could you? Not really worth wasting time over but when you lot have nothing else to say I suppose it helps you all to smugly get through the day.

Annetje Mar 23rd 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12468339)
Yes, it was a typo I could not be bothered to correct at the time, leaving it to my next post, which you obviously saw and understood, but you could not help that cynical dig again, could you? Not really worth wasting time over but when you lot have nothing else to say I suppose it helps you all to smugly get through the day.

Hey Mancha, why are there no British takers for his job ?

Red Eric Mar 23rd 2018 10:35 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12468339)

I didn't, actually. The original figure registered because it seemed outrageously high.

Thanks for clearing that up.

la mancha Mar 23rd 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12468340)
Hey Mancha, why are there no British takers for his job ?

Because Europeans immigrant workers have lowered the wages. I said he hadn’t had a wage rise in years. If one cannot afford £500 a month in rent on those wages what use is that job to a British worker whose rent can far exceed £500 a month?

la mancha Mar 23rd 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12468346)
I didn't, actually. The original figure registered because it seemed outrageously high.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Of course you didn’t. See, the dig and then, ‘it wasn’t me’. Play to your gallery all you like: I am not impressed.

EMR Mar 23rd 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12468352)
Because Europeans immigrant workers have lowered the wages. I said he hadn’t had a wage rise in years. If one cannot afford £500 a month in rent on those wages what use is that job to a British worker whose rent can far exceed £500 a month?

So it's OK in your world for a Brit to sit at home on benefits rather than demean themselves and take a job that an EU migrant is prepared to do.
So much for the great British work ethic that Brexiter s espouse.

amideislas Mar 23rd 2018 10:54 am

The tone of the brexiteers increasingly sounds suspiciously like humiliation.

You're "not wrong" but there's no reason to be smug and all "remaniac" about it, you arrogant know-it-all maniacal xenophobic anti-British drunken sexual predator elitist fairy-tale-dwelling hypocrites. Ad-hom is all you have left. Ha ha.

I bloody hate it when you're "not wrong"...

Annetje Mar 23rd 2018 11:12 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12468352)

Maybe you should talk to Blueboy.
According to him, it's the employees who set the wages ...
Now one has to assume they are paid at least the minimum wage and it seems a bit weird they ask their employer to lower the wage.

Is living on benefits better than working for the minimum wage ? Did the Government get that wrong ?

Either I do not understand it all or something doesn't make sense here.

EMR Mar 23rd 2018 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12468359)
Now one has to assume they are paid at least the minimum wage and it seems a bit weird they ask their employer to lower the wage.

Is living on benefits better than working for the minimum wage ? Did the Government get that wrong ?

Either I do not understand it all or something doesn't make sense here.

In parts of brexit world just as " No deal is better than a bad deal" " No job is better than a job that an EU migrant will do".

Cape Blue Mar 23rd 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12468359)

If you read what La Mancha wrote he said:

Because Europeans immigrant workers have lowered the wages.
Which is exactly what I have been saying - the worker sets the wage and mass migration of workers who will work for less sets the wage lower.

EMR Mar 23rd 2018 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12468364)
Which is exactly what I have been saying - the worker sets the wage and mass migration of workers who will work for less sets the wage lower.

There are employers all over the UK looking at their balance sheets and wishing they made less profit.
Of course Its the employees fault because they did not demand higher wages before taking the job.

DaveLovesDee Mar 23rd 2018 11:44 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12468023)
But they are probably Brits as is the letting agent and the house owner so that's ok as far as Cape and la man are concerned.

Actually, the students are all of Oriental ethnicity.

Annetje Mar 23rd 2018 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12468364)

Minimum wage = minimum wage ..... right ???
Set by the Government ..... right ????
Too low for Brits who are better on benefits ?????

And I assume it's the fault of the EU :nod:

EMR Mar 23rd 2018 11:49 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12468368)
Actually, the students are all of Oriental ethnicity.

That explains it all, migrants, you could not expect anything else 😀😀

DaveLovesDee Mar 23rd 2018 11:50 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12468368)
Actually, the students are all Brits of Oriental ethnicity.