British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Cape Blue Mar 22nd 2018 11:06 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12467722)
How do your constant references " importing millions etc etc " relate to a balanced immigration policy.
One is bigoted nonsense the other is a sensible comment.

Non EU migration is covered by regulation. EU migration reflects the needs of the economy and demands of the Labour market.
Numbers employed in the UK rose again in February.

We have imported millions - which isn't a balanced immigration policy.

The wants of some employers is not necessarily the needs of the UK, especially when one looks at the salaries paid and the accommodation required.

EMR Mar 22nd 2018 11:24 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12467728)
We have imported millions - which isn't a balanced immigration policy.

The wants of some employers is not necessarily the needs of the UK, especially when one looks at the salaries paid and the accommodation required.

We can have a debate about balanced immigration but not one that includes bigoted nonsense such as reflected in you posts, " importing millions " , 10 to a flat, your ignoring of the part employers pay when it comes to wages.
The distain you have for anyone less fortunate than you.

Cape Blue Mar 22nd 2018 11:40 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12467735)
We can have a debate about balanced immigration but not one that includes bigoted nonsense such as reflected in you posts, " importing millions " , 10 to a flat, your ignoring of the part employers pay when it comes to wages.
The distain you have for anyone less fortunate than you.

However you want to term it, you cannot deny that we have several million more immigrants in the UK now than we did at the turn of the century - this is called "fact". Persistent uncontrolled high net migration has a range of impacts, some positive, some negative.

Some migrants are prepared to significantly underhouse themselves so that they can save money to send back to the old country. This impacts wages and accommodation costs for all.

Employers offer wages, employees set the wage when they accept the job.

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 11:46 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
God forbid there would be "immigrants", especially " foreign" ones. They just mess everything up.

Lion in Winter Mar 22nd 2018 11:52 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467741)
God forbid there would be "immigrants", especially " foreign" ones. They just mess everything up.

Especially "uncontrolled" ones.

If you repeat a word often enough it becomes a fact you know.

Bipat Mar 22nd 2018 12:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467636)
Oh, the irony.

Post-Brexit passports set to be made by Franco-Dutch firm

EU company Gemalto is understood to have outbid UK rival for £490m printing contract

Does it matter what passports look like or who makes them? (As long as it is the legal passport office and not a clever forger!!:lol:)

It is just an item that you need to remember to carry when you travel.
Does it matter what colour your driving licence is?

Passports for British people existed long before we joind the EEC or EU.

There will still be trade and a relationship with the EU, British will not be banned from visiting there.:lol:

007Steve Mar 22nd 2018 12:15 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12467671)
Nothing wrong with free trade - the UK is proposing free trade with the EU.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the French bid was substantially less than De La Rue's Therefore, using the Sacred Laws of Market-Forces (genuflects), the cosseted workers at their Gateshead centre have clearly ‘priced themselves out of the market’.
What needs to be done now is to adjust their expectations and living standards by for example; -
- Working longer hours for the Minimum Wage and abolishing any Benefits
- Trimming down the employees domestic expenditures
- Taking out pay-day loans @800% to cover any shortfall and thus regenerate the local high-street fiscal economy
The Company, meanwhile, can; -
- Cancel capital investment in replacement machinery and new technology
- Scrap apprentice programmes and Training
-‘Pump & dump’ the company share price & sell the business off.
After say 3 years, the remaining workforce will have ‘priced themselves back into of the market’.
These are the tenets of Jacob & Acolytes who worship & sacrifice unto the Alter of the God, Free -Trade, notwithstanding the greedy and ungrateful workforce whose expectations involve such ridiculous notions of livelihoods & Rights….
Meanwhile we can let others rant on about uncontrolled immigration and swarms of migrants.

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12467756)
Does it matter what passports look like or who makes them? (As long as it is the legal passport office and not a clever forger!!:lol:)

It is just an item that you need to remember to carry when you travel.
Does it matter what colour your driving licence is?

Passports for British people existed long before we joind the EEC or EU.

There will still be trade and a relationship with the EU, British will not be banned from visiting there.:lol:

And your point is?

EMR Mar 22nd 2018 12:27 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12467756)
Does it matter what passports look like or who makes them? (As long as it is the legal passport office and not a clever forger!!:lol:)

It is just an item that you need to remember to carry when you travel.
Does it matter what colour your driving licence is?

Passports for British people existed long before we joind the EEC or EU.

There will still be trade and a relationship with the EU, British will not be banned from visiting there.:lol:

Who ever said they would.
What point are you trying to make ?

The cost of a British passport increases this year( produced by the very same British company We la Rue ) complaining about being undercut by the Franco Dutch company , let's hope all those who complain about that will be happy to pay more to have them produced in the UK.

Bipat Mar 22nd 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467766)
And your point is?

I was replying to your post and your link which referred to colour and place of production of passports.

What was your point?

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 12:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12467770)
I was replying to your post and your link which referred to colour and place of production of passports.

What was your point?

The irony of it all.

Bipat Mar 22nd 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12467767)
Who ever said they would.
What point are you trying to make ?

The cost of a British passport increases this year( produced by the very same British company We la Rue ) complaining about being undercut by the Franco Dutch company , let's hope all those who complain about that will be happy to pay more to have them produced in the UK.

The last sentence was a joke--didn't you notice the smiley!
Passport prices have continually gone up, it is not a yearly expense!
Travel costs in general rise.

dougal03 Mar 22nd 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Listening to De La Rue on TV this morning I thought it strange when he said the quality & expertise used in their production of the passports was superior to other nations.My small town has over 80 different nationalities who use their passports for a varied of reasons as do I.Yet theirs don't appear to be scruffy.Perhaps this company should think about being more competitive as their tender was way over the top of others.

Red Eric Mar 22nd 2018 1:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467636)
Oh, the irony.

Post-Brexit passports set to be made by Franco-Dutch firmEU company Gemalto is understood to have outbid UK rival for £490m printing contract

Printer's gonna print :)



Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12467671)
Nothing wrong with free trade - the UK is proposing free trade with the EU.

And everybody else, according to you.

However, in this case it isn't because on this occasion it was bound by EU regulations to open up the bidding but only to EU firms. And next time round it will be able to close it down to UK firms only, unless the government ties us in to agreements which decree otherwse.

EMR Mar 22nd 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12467816)
Printer's gonna print :)



And everybody else, according to you.

However, in this case it isn't because on this occasion it was bound by EU regulations to open up the bidding but only to EU firms. And next time round it will be able to close it down to UK firms only, unless the government ties us in to agreements which decree otherwse.

I am sure that Indian ,American, Chinese printers can do it for less.
It what our post brexit free trade world will be all about.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:15 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.