British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Sep 13th 2016 1:01 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

To butt in on this puerile tit-for-tat all day – and night - (Ami), I wonder if any of you (Ami) consider what your status living in Europe will be if we do leave the single market?

You (Ami) seem to have dismissed the fears of Mallorcan businesses who export to the UK, a point which I brought up yesterday, with a whimsical remark regarding Magaluf will not miss Brit tourism. Instead of posting links from the hinterland of the internet (just how do you find the time to look for them?) I wait for an answer to see what you think of your neighbours’ concerns if the UK leaves the single market, especially as you seem to be jumping up and down in your pram waving your rattle all day and every day over this. Does more unemployment on the small island worry you, or the fact that many over-45’s do not have a chance of finding a job there and Mallorcan businesses will have to make more redundancies if their exports to the UK dwindle, thus increasing the number of those in poverty or at risk of social exclusion on the island? Or does your childish performance on here preclude an answer that makes sense?

Links to follow?

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 1:14 pm

What I can't quite figure out is where the People's Republic of the EU is going to exile its ever growing population of dissidents, which at the present time would seem to include the vast majority of its citizens.

Unfortunately they don't have anything that is quite the equivalent of Siberia.

Somewhere like Greeenland might have been an option, but fortunately for their inhabitants, they saw the light many moons ago, pulled the plug and left the whole sad, sorry EU mess behind.

:cool:

Red Eric Sep 13th 2016 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050960)
Brexshitters will be waiting the same length of time, as May has said No 'Running Commentary' On Brexit Negotiations

So it looks like none of us bar the select few will know exactly what Brexit means for UK businesses and nationals until after the deals are done. If the deal isn't what the Leavers hoped for, there's no appeal, no do-over and no whining.

Brexit means Brexit. Which only means we'll no longer a member of the EU.

Mrs May currently seems to be having trouble controlling the tongues of her own Cabinet Ministers.

Goodness knows how she's going to manage to control what the representatives of the 27 other EU countries say once the negotiations start, let alone the mysterious "sources" which will appear in order to give their daily briefings to select outlets. The propaganda machine will be in full swing, I'm sure.

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12051001)
What I can't quite figure out is where the People's Republic of the EU is going to exile its ever growing population of dissidents, which at the present time would seem to include the vast majority of its citizens.

Unfortunately they don't have anything that is quite the equivalent of Siberia.

Somewhere like Greeenland might have been an option, but fortunately for their inhabitants, they saw the light many moons ago, pulled the plug and left the whole sad, sorry EU mess behind.

:cool:

Is the EU a People's Republic or a Soviet?

I do wish you would make your mind up, I need to know who to be angry with.

DaveLovesDee Sep 13th 2016 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050978)
Brexit is actually boosting the UK economy | New York Post

Two months ago, the world’s wise men were warning that if UK voters decided to “Brexit” from the European Union, they’d rain down economic crisis.

Guess what?

Today, Britain is fine — and has even seen a boost from its “Leave” vote.

Today Britain is fine, because there's been NO BREXIT YET!

As hard as it is to comprehend, we had a vote, people voted to Leave, but we haven't even begun the Leave process yet by triggering A50.

We'll know whether the UK is still fine in the first few weeks after we formally trigger A50.

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12051011)
Mrs May currently seems to be having trouble controlling the tongues of her own Cabinet Ministers.

Goodness knows how she's going to manage to control what the representatives of the 27 other EU countries say once the negotiations start, let alone the mysterious "sources" which will appear in order to give their daily briefings to select outlets. The propaganda machine will be in full swing, I'm sure.

We can look forward to a few years of reality looking more like Yes, Minister than anything else I think.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12051016)
Is the EU a People's Republic or a Soviet?

I do wish you would make your mind up, I need to know who to be angry with.

It's a Democratic Free People's Soviet Republic. That covers all bases, right?

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051041)
It's a Democratic Free People's Soviet Republic. That covers all bases, right?

I think so. I'm feeling angrier already.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12051053)
I think so. I'm feeling angrier already.

That may be the idea.

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051059)
That may be the idea.

You think? People trying to whip up unreasoning and unreasoned fear and loathing?

Surely not.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12051065)
You think? People trying to whip up unreasoning and unreasoned fear and loathing?

Surely not.

I know, I'm clutching at straws ...

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12050994)
To butt in on this puerile tit-for-tat all day – and night - (Ami), I wonder if any of you (Ami) consider what your status living in Europe will be if we do leave the single market?

You (Ami) seem to have dismissed the fears of Mallorcan businesses who export to the UK, a point which I brought up yesterday, with a whimsical remark regarding Magaluf will not miss Brit tourism. Instead of posting links from the hinterland of the internet (just how do you find the time to look for them?) I wait for an answer to see what you think of your neighbours’ concerns if the UK leaves the single market, especially as you seem to be jumping up and down in your pram waving your rattle all day and every day over this. Does more unemployment on the small island worry you, or the fact that many over-45’s do not have a chance of finding a job there and Mallorcan businesses will have to make more redundancies if their exports to the UK dwindle, thus increasing the number of those in poverty or at risk of social exclusion on the island? Or does your childish performance on here preclude an answer that makes sense?

Links to follow?

I don't know where you get your numbers and data. It sounds pretty fishy though. I read stuff like that in the sun and daily mail/express but I don't find much of that elsewhere.

I haven't bothered to even confirm if what you posted was true or in context. The vast majority of agriculture products are sold in Europe. The UK is a mere fraction of that. And what the UK doesn't buy (and why would it stop?) Germany or Holland or any other EU member will.

I see no signs of poverty here. None. I'm sure it exists somewhere, but if it's so impoverished, I'd have to think it would be visible at least. It's not. End of. In fact, the standard of living is quite impressive. All over. Not just in my neighbourhood.

Magaluf is indusputably the trashiest resort on the island ...by a big stretch (and the only exclusively British enclave resort). It is riddled with problems, and frankly, a lot of people are fed up. It generates a tiny fraction of tourism revenues but eats up huge public resources. Police, fire, ambulance services, massive rubbish collection ... Nowhere else uses that level of resources. And dozens of kids die there every year from alcohol poisoning, jumping from balconies, fights... And there's no place that comes even close to the number of rapes and muggings. They're fed up. Watch the BBC documentary I posted if you don't believe me. It's a real eye opener.

I go to great lengths to only post credible stuff from credible mainstream media. Prove me a liar. I dare you.

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051067)
I know, I'm clutching at straws ...

Well I certainly hope they aren't EU straws that we are being forced to use by The Dictatorship.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12051076)
Well I certainly hope they aren't EU straws that we are being forced to use by The Dictatorship.

Black market Chinese straws, of course.

Ingles Sep 13th 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Pre-Brexit thread

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050886)
post-

When did we Brexit?

Aren't we more accurately pre-Brexit?

At last , thanks "DaveLovesDee"

:goodpost: