British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Mar 21st 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12467177)
Oh - is that an insult?

I thought it was a compliment.

I certainly regard it as a compliment when described as such by our ultra bremaniacs and pretend remainers.

la mancha Mar 21st 2018 4:39 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12466954)
:blink:

I didn't say it was. I just thought the photo was mildly amusing - hence the reference to someone "having a bit of fun" and the :lol:.

Sourpuss.

There, you did it again. You place a carefully orchestrated cynical dig and then say it was nothing. When I say the photo was nothing about anything you say ‘I didn’t say it was’.

As you said, a picture editor with a sense of mischief (!) but there you go with your dig in your first post, ‘who do you think looks more comfortable out of these two’, when it was only Davis looking round in surprise when Barnier touched his arm.

The dig, and then ‘it was nothing’, ‘I didn’t say it was’. But the cynical dig is there. That is how you operate.

Lion in Winter Mar 21st 2018 4:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12467261)
There, you did it again. You place a carefully orchestrated cynical dig and then say it was nothing. When I say the photo was nothing about anything you say ‘I didn’t say it was’.

As you said, a picture editor with a sense of mischief (!) but there you go with your dig in your first post, ‘who do you think looks more comfortable out of these two’, when it was only Davis looking round in surprise when Barnier touched his arm.

The dig, and then ‘it was nothing’, ‘I didn’t say it was’. But the cynical dig is there. That is how you operate.


What is it about Brexit that forbids anyone from having, let along expressing, a sense of humour?

It's all very un-British.

EMR Mar 21st 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I saw a news link about Smog , Farage and dead fish.
It turned out it was smelly long past their sell by date dead fish being thrown into the Thames and not Farage who would have been in good company with them.
Even Smog had more sense than to share the boat with Farage, dead fish yes but Nige far too smelly.

EMR Mar 21st 2018 5:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I saw a news link about Smog , Farage and dead fish.
It turned out it was smelly long past their sell by date dead fish being thrown into the Thames and not Farage who would have been in good company with them.
Even Smog had more sense than to share the boat with Farage, dead fish yes but Nige far too smelly.

007Steve Mar 21st 2018 5:41 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12467268)
What is it about Brexit that forbids anyone from having, let along expressing, a sense of humour?
It's all very un-British.

:goodpost: :nod: Now, everyone report to the Training Room;
March up & down chanting the clip below 50 times..... :sneaky:

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 7:08 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Oh, the irony.

Post-Brexit passports set to be made by Franco-Dutch firm

EU company Gemalto is understood to have outbid UK rival for £490m printing contract

Cape Blue Mar 22nd 2018 8:50 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467111)
You hold views contrary to that of the Brexit camp. And that decidedly makes you a "ranting remaniac". And that's a bloody good reason for them to endlessly rant about it, since they lost the plot long ago, and need someone to blame for it.

No - most remainers who hold views contrary to brexit are not ranting remainiacs. Most of us remainers considered the positives of EU membership outweighed the negatives, but we also could see that there were negatives for some in society and fundamentally believe in democracy.

The remainiac believes in their heart they are a superior being and that Brexiters opinions can be readily dismissed as xenophobic, ill-educated, easily-fooled etc and that the "37%" who voted for the "advisory" referendum should, along with democracy, be ignored.

Their childish petulance at being on the losing side knows no bounds and in their hurt they will happily lambaste their own country and countrymen to the tune of being xenophobic themselves towards Brits or specifically the English.

It's been one of the things that's surprised me the most from the referendum. Prior to the vote one was used to the "swivel-eyed-loon" types on the far brexit side but one hadn't really seen much of their mirror image on the remain side because there really was no need for them to get worked up, now that they have lost their true stripes are showing and they are just as nuts and bigoted as their far-brexit cousins.

007Steve Mar 22nd 2018 8:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467636)
Oh, the irony.

Post-Brexit passports set to be made by Franco-Dutch firm

EU company Gemalto is understood to have outbid UK rival for £490m printing contract

Well, as you know amideislas, it's a stigma symbol for me when I lose my EU Citizenship next year - rather like asking a condemned person do they want the axe&block or the drop. BUT to answer the point... This is what the Loons want isn't it???.... Nimble competition, the cut & thrust of dynamic Britain - undercutting all the nasty Foreigners?..... :nod:
I just hope, somewhere on them, the French company prints 'made in France'. Watch The Haters pile in now to rant 'Treason'

Cape Blue Mar 22nd 2018 8:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12467636)
Oh, the irony.

Post-Brexit passports set to be made by Franco-Dutch firm

EU company Gemalto is understood to have outbid UK rival for £490m printing contract

Nothing wrong with free trade - the UK is proposing free trade with the EU.

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 8:53 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Like I said... Oh, the irony.

amideislas Mar 22nd 2018 8:58 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12467670)
Well, as you know amideislas, it's a stigma symbol for me when I lose my EU Citizenship next year - rather like asking a condemned person do they want the axe&block or the drop. BUT to answer the point... This is what the Loons want isn't it???.... Nimble competition, the cut & thrust of dynamic Britain - undercutting all the nasty Foreigners?..... :nod:
I just hope, somewhere on them, the French company prints 'made in France'. Watch The Haters pile in now to rant 'Treason'

It's already in ink:

Home Office accused of ‘national humiliation’ after deciding new blue British passports will be made in FRANCE

EMR Mar 22nd 2018 9:10 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12467669)
No - most remainers who hold views contrary to brexit are not ranting remainiacs. Most of us remainers considered the positives of EU membership outweighed the negatives, but we also could see that there were negatives for some in society and fundamentally believe in democracy.

The remainiac believes in their heart they are a superior being and that Brexiters opinions can be readily dismissed as xenophobic, ill-educated, easily-fooled etc and that the "37%" who voted for the "advisory" referendum should, along with democracy, be ignored.

Their childish petulance at being on the losing side knows no bounds and in their hurt they will happily lambaste their own country and countrymen to the tune of being xenophobic themselves towards Brits or specifically the English.

It's been one of the things that's surprised me the most from the referendum. Prior to the vote one was used to the "swivel-eyed-loon" types on the far brexit side but one hadn't really seen much of their mirror image on the remain side because there really was no need for them to get worked up, now that they have lost their true stripes are showing and they are just as nuts and bigoted as their far-brexit cousins.

"Nuts and bigoted" , your anti migrant constant references to "imported millions of migrants" fits that devinition to a tee.

Cape Blue Mar 22nd 2018 10:37 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12467676)
"Nuts and bigoted" , your anti migrant constant references to "imported millions of migrants" fits that devinition to a tee.

No, its doesn't.

Believing in a balanced immigration policy for the reasons I have stated is not nuts or bigoted.

EMR Mar 22nd 2018 10:48 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12467717)
No, its doesn't.

Believing in a balanced immigration policy for the reasons I have stated is not nuts or bigoted.

How do your constant references " importing millions etc etc " relate to a balanced immigration policy.
One is bigoted nonsense the other is a sensible comment.

Non EU migration is covered by regulation. EU migration reflects the needs of the economy and demands of the Labour market.
Numbers employed in the UK rose again in February.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:16 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.