British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Cape Blue Mar 17th 2018 4:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12464703)
Yes smarty :sarcasm:
The EU will allow the UK to take away rights whilst they keep rights for UK people in the EU the same.

Considered joining DD and Mayhem ? You seem to have the same dreams.

That's up to the EU.

jimenato Mar 17th 2018 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12464705)
Having control of ones borders IS choosing to not charge tariffs - in the EU we did not have that choice.

True but they are talking about no checks whatever on incoming vehicles.

Still I suppose that If you have control over whether or not you exercise control and choose not to exercise control, that's control isn't it?

Cape Blue Mar 17th 2018 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12464707)
Tariffs to protect the jobs of tens millions from dumping and unfair competition.
Would you support removal of tariffs that put at risk the very jobs that you hope will be filled by Brits instead of EU migrants,

Having control allows us to choose what and when.

In general tariffs are bad and should be avoided.

Dumping and unfair competition are unusual issues - you sound like a Trump supporter.

EMR Mar 17th 2018 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12464758)
I see our Brexiteers have resorted to blustering rudeness as usual. Sure sign they are losing the argument.

That's no way to refer to your fellow Brexiter.
You cannot have an argument when the difference of being a subject or Citizen is beyond la Man comprehension.

007Steve Mar 17th 2018 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12464716)
Which must be the daftest post I have ever heard on here, and I've heard some.

Clearly Nanny taught you Respect for your Betters and a Trust of Authority.
So I’m going to say it one more time for the benefit of your antiquated outlook la mancha;-
UK 2018 -
No written integrated modern Constitution,
No protective Constitutional Court,
No AV voting system or similar,
N0 transferable voting rights,
No power of recall over elected representatives,
No transparency or public hearings regarding the suitability of proposed cabinet members, particularly their personal interests,
No elected 2nd Chamber; - just a careful selection from the Great & Good.
No accountable, or presently functioning, head of state (ceremonial duties excepted), performed by a current semi-senile occupant whose elementary education didn’t even the ‘O’ level standards,
No oversight over that head of state’s partialities or regular dealings with’ her’ Govt.,
No public scrutiny of patent local/ Govt. failures (Child abuse & Grenfell Tower inquiries).
No prospect or commitments to even the most modest changes,
Democracy la mancha?? Democracy??? More like the 20th century mickey-mouse tin-pot country that the UK is, and is seen to be.
You seriously expect me to leap at the prospect of being forcibly degraded back into being a Subject of that???
No wonder you couldn’t hack it in Europe pal & had to scuttle back to the UK.

Cape Blue Mar 17th 2018 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12464774)
That's no way to refer to your fellow Brexiter.
You cannot have an argument when the difference of being a subject or Citizen is beyond la Man comprehension.

"your fellow brexiter" would suggest that Jimenato is a brexiter? I didn't realise.

la mancha Mar 17th 2018 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12464758)
I see our Brexiteers have resorted to blustering rudeness as usual. Sure sign they are losing the argument.

Do you want to know something? I don’t give a damn about your or anyone else’s sneering ‘superior’ comments, snowflake.

la mancha Mar 17th 2018 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12464779)
Clearly Nanny taught you Respect for your Betters and a Trust of Authority.

No wonder you couldn’t hack it in Europe pal & had to scuttle back to the UK.

I do not know what the hell you are on about. I refute your claim that there is no such thing as a British citizen. As for the rest of your maniacal tirade I just don’t know about you.

Re your last remark, some things are said and some not on here. I have said I returned to the UK in 2009 because of a family illness that resulted in a death three months later.

EMR Mar 17th 2018 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12464807)
I do not know what the hell you are on about. I refute your claim that there is no such thing as a British citizen. As for the rest of your maniacal tirade I just don’t know about you.

Re your last remark, some things are said and some not on here. I have said I returned to the UK in 2009 because of a family illness that resulted in a death three months later.

Odd is it not that out two most vociferous Brexiter are relatively recent returnees to the UK , having been here for less than many of the migrants they view so negatively.
Whilst those they term as remainiacs know more about life , governance and changes in the UK in recent times

la mancha Mar 17th 2018 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12464810)
Odd is it not that out two most vociferous Brexiter are relatively recent returnees to the UK , having been here for less than many of the migrants they view so negatively.
Whilst those they term as remainiacs know more about life , governance and changes in the UK in recent times

The most vociferous Remainers (although some won't admit it) on BE, are not even living here, so what does that say about your theory, Einstein?

amideislas Mar 17th 2018 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12464804)
Do you want to know something? I don’t give a damn about your or anyone else’s sneering ‘superior’ comments, snowflake.

We're English my dear. Arrogance is beneath us.

la mancha Mar 17th 2018 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12464816)
We're English my dear. Arrogance is beneath us.

We?

amideislas Mar 17th 2018 6:52 pm

Whoosh!

EMR Mar 17th 2018 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12464815)
The most vociferous Remainers (although some won't admit it) on BE, are not even living here, so what does that say about your theory, Einstein?

I was talking about you and Cape our resident breximaniacs.

The others can speak for themselves.

Cape Blue Mar 17th 2018 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12464810)

Are you talking about Jimenato again?