British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Annetje Sep 13th 2016 7:09 am

re: Post EU Referendum

:goodpost:

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12050727)
It's a bit bleedin' late for that isn't it?

I despair at the utter stupidity of someone who would vote for something while freely admitting they don't know what it means.

Insanity.

GeniB Sep 13th 2016 7:14 am

I despair at the utter stupidity of someone who would vote for something while freely admitting they don't know what it means.

Insanity.

:goodpost: Saying something to those STILL patting themselves on the back for achieving diddly squat..Apart from their oh so erudite renditions of B=B and sneering name calling of the rest of us who have legitimate and genuine concerns
STILL

Red Eric Sep 13th 2016 7:21 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12050721)
The question people should now be asking is 'what will Brexit mean?'

Comedy gold :rofl::rofl::rofl:

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 7:24 am

Well, you know, brexit is brexit brexit means brexit (politically correct version). The majority voted. So brexit means brexit. That's what it means. You morons.

Red Eric Sep 13th 2016 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050448)
If you can't even get a simple three word quote correct, please don't expect anyone to take the other garbage you post you seriously.

https://rogermooresmovienation.files...1/williams.jpg

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 7:31 am

Insanity.

Not at all....... & I do know exactly what it means.

People were asked the question do you want to leave or remain & nothing more.

They were not asked do you want to leave or remain if certain stipulated preconditions can be met.

DC had tried to renegotiate a deal & had failed so there were no stipulated preconditions that could be offered. Consequently it had to be a simple in/out referendum.

The majority of people that voted very obviously decided they wanted to leave the EU rather than remain.

Hence: Brexit means Brexit.

Simple.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 7:34 am

shirley and anthony hide Sep 13th 2016 7:34 am

Looks like you might possibly need to open a new thread
"Hungarexit"

Fredbargate Sep 13th 2016 7:35 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12050732)
Well we know exactly what it meant to a huge number of those voting to leave, it would stop all those nasty immigrants who are taking the jobs we wouldn't want to do, it will mean another 360 million a week for the NHS. :rofl:

Haven't they just been promised £200 million of that and we haven't brexited yet

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 7:36 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12050738)
:goodpost: Saying something to those STILL patting themselves on the back for achieving diddly squat..Apart from their oh so erudite renditions of B=B and sneering name calling of the rest of us who have legitimate and genuine concerns
STILL

Ummm: I rather think that if you care to review the thread, you'll find it's the remainiacs that have the lead by a country mile when it comes to consistently been hurling the infantile, irrelevant, ad hominem insults at us brexiters rather than the other way round.

Pot, kettle & black springs to mind!

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 7:36 am

According to the daily express, everybody's leaving. Have been for decades.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 7:39 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12050753)
Ummm: I rather think that if you care to review the thread, you'll find it's the remainiacs that have the lead by a country mile when it comes to consistently been hurling the infantile, irrelevant, ad hominem insults at us brexiters rather than the other way round.

Pot, kettle & black springs to mind!

Is hypocrisy your profession? Or just a hobby? You're outrageously good at it.

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 7:39 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050741)
Well, you know, brexit is brexit brexit means brexit (politically correct version). The majority voted. So brexit means brexit. That's what it means. You morons.

"politically correct" doesn't come into it but grammatically correct does.

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 7:40 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050757)
Is hypocrisy your profession? Or just a hobby? You're outrageously good at it.

Not even half as good as you though. :rofl:

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 7:51 am

Here's a good chuckle

What on earth does “Brexit means Brexit” actually mean?

I asked the Professor of Inexorable Logic at the University of Monetisation if he could tell me anything about the underlying structure of “Brexit means Brexit” and he said: “Superficially, it may appear tautologous – what, after all, could Brexit possibly mean, if not itself? Yet, on closer examination, the connective ‘means’ is by no means one of equivalence; rather, it draws our attention to the incontestable fact that Brexit is a neo­logism, and as such hasn’t, perhaps, been sufficiently employed in ordinary speech to have determinate, consensual meaning.”