British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

007Steve Mar 5th 2018 12:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
[QUOTE=EMR;12456379]Of course it's less, apart from the cities it has few job prospects for the locals let alone migrants.
It us also half mountains.
You really do not know much about Wales do you..

Employers like you depress wages NOT employees.[/QUOTE]
... :nod: ... that is, until they meet someone like this ...


jimenato Mar 5th 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456315)
That brought out the hate didn't it, like lancing a boil.

You use the word 'hate' a lot - you might like to think about that.

Cape Blue Mar 5th 2018 1:32 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12456379)
Of course it's less, apart from the cities it has few job prospects for the locals let alone migrants.
It us also half mountains.
You really do not know much about Wales do you..

Employers like you depress wages NOT employees.

Yes, it's less - so we all agree that migration to Wales is less and is therefore less of a reason fro them to have an issue with the EU. It's good to see both you and Dave now agreeing with me.

It is less based upon a percentage of population (wales is 5% of the UK and has 2.2% of the migrants - look at the link), nothing to do with mountains - that means nothing at all.

High supply of anything decreases its value in a market.

Cape Blue Mar 5th 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12456399)
How many migrants do Chelsea and Kensington get? Is it really mass migration?

I suspect zones 3-5 get more migrants than zone 1 does.


The map shows that the largest non-UK born populations are in the London area. In 2014 there were 5 local authorities where 50% (or more) of the population were born outside of the UK. Those 5 local authorities were all in London: Brent (56% non-UK born), Kensington and Chelsea (55%), Newham (51%), Harrow (51%), and Westminster (50%).
https://visual.ons.gov.uk/what-are-m...-in-your-area/

You just keep embarrassing yourself with your inaccurate statements :lol:

You guys seem to think brexiters know nothing, yet daily you all prove you have no clue at all.

Cape Blue Mar 5th 2018 1:42 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12456426)
You use the word 'hate' a lot - you might like to think about that.

Yes, there's a lot of it on this thread.

EMR Mar 5th 2018 1:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456441)
Yes, it's less - so we all agree that migration to Wales is less and is therefore less of a reason fro them to have an issue with the EU. It's good to see both you and Dave now agreeing with me.

It is less based upon a percentage of population (wales is 5% of the UK and has 2.2% of the migrants - look at the link), nothing to do with mountains - that means nothing at all.

High supply of anything decreases its value in a market.

I suggest you go to Merthyr and depressed towns like that and as them why they voted to leave.
Like so many in the UK they will blame migration even though they are not affected., few migrants in economically depressed areas.
The popular press and the myths peddled by Farage and continued by you being the principal reason for their vote.
Even if migration fell to the levels you want ( which will not happen) their lives will not change.
So who will they find to blame it will not be the EU and it never was migration.

DaveLovesDee Mar 5th 2018 1:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12456274)
You know when someone's losing the argument when they have to resort to pejoratives like 'remoaner'.


Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456284)
Feel free to show me a post where I've used "remoaner".

All you guys can do is attack the person because you've got nothing when it comes to addressing the points - like children in a playground.

He said, like remoaner. The term remaniac is like remoaner, a childish name used to annoy it's intended target into responding. Then when your target responds, you get offended.


Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12456426)
You use the word 'hate' a lot - you might like to think about that.

That seems to be a common theme though. Some Brexiters seem to 'hate' the EU, or claim that we 'hate' the UK.

Many Remainers see hope in the EU.

I personally think the EEC and EU have been of massive benefit to the UK, and I know for sure that it's been of great personal benefit to me. I suppose that makes me biased though. I see the effects of EU funding across South Wales, funding that Westminster has refused to provide citing 'austerity'. Wales and the other regions receiving EU funding aren't going to to receive funding from Westminster to replace these, with or without Cape Blue's 'haircut'.

la mancha Mar 5th 2018 1:52 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
These old points of twisted logic are just boring. Do you believe what you post, really, do you? Have you Remainers got nothing else left?

BristolUK Mar 5th 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12456251)
Considering the hatred shown towards Gibraltar by so called Brits on this forum do you blame them?

However personally I do not think you are representative of the UK in any way.

Gib decides policy based on a few comments on BE? :lol:


Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12456451)
He said, like remoaner. The term remaniac is like remoaner, a childish name used to annoy it's intended target into responding. Then when your target responds, you get offended....

:thumbup:
But he'll wriggle out of that one too.

Red Eric Mar 5th 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456332)
Like Scotland, Wales doesn't experience many of the negatives of EU membership - like paying for it or the mass immigration.

...


Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456441)
Yes, it's less - so we all agree that migration to Wales is less and is therefore less of a reason fro them to have an issue with the EU. It's good to see both you and Dave now agreeing with me.

I'm not sure I agree with you.

You start out on the premise that "mass" immigration is a negative of EU membership as a given.

You're ignoring the fact that Wales voted to leave when you point out that it has lower immigration than some areas of England, just like you're ignoring the fact that in areas of higher immigration the vote was predominantly remain - and that's without the aid of the votes of the EU migrant populations in those areas.

So the premise that "mass" immigration is generally regarded as a negative in the areas where immigration is highest is questionable, to say the least.

EMR Mar 5th 2018 2:02 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
All the post vote analysis proved a direct relationship between levels of deprivation and low migrant populations in vote leave areas..
But with migration being the main influence when making the decision to remain or leave..

jimenato Mar 5th 2018 2:08 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12456453)
These old points of twisted logic are just boring. Do you believe what you post, really, do you? Have you Remainers got nothing else left?

Well that's a result - you've obviously benefited from being schooled.

DaveLovesDee Mar 5th 2018 2:09 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12456443)
https://visual.ons.gov.uk/what-are-m...-in-your-area/

You just keep embarrassing yourself with your inaccurate statements :lol:

You guys seem to think brexiters know nothing, yet daily you all prove you have no clue at all.

So we're including every migrant who has entered the UK. My bad. I though when you mentioned 'mass migration' you were referring to the numbers arriving each year.

So let's clarify. Are we talking about annual migrants to the UK when you say 'mass migration', or every migrant who resides in the UK?

I doubt many of the new migrants each year could afford to live in Kensington or Chelsea. Or anywhere else in zone 1. As I said, I suspect zones 3-5 get more migrants than zone 1. I meant that as on an annual basis, though I suspect most posters reading that on the previous post had read it as that way anyway.

dougal03 Mar 5th 2018 2:11 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
C'mon Laddies, I don't ken about Wales ,but Scotland is full of migrants & they are mostly English!!

Cape Blue Mar 5th 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
What do you guys think of Italy?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ung-parliament


Italy's voters issue warning to Europe

Preliminary election results point to hung parliament and repudiation of Brussels as Eurosceptic parties gain support

A majority of Italian voters have supported Eurosceptic candidates in the national election, preliminary results showed, after decades in which Italy has steadfastly championed the European project.
Wonder if that along with Austria, France etc will start to make the EU change its positions?


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:18 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.