British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Mar 4th 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12455897)
Very true, I should have said

Remain is predominantly an alliance between the virtue-signalling social justice warrior leftists and the done very well out of it rightists.

Or perhaps... a secret Cabal, with links to the trilateral commission, and Illuminati.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9723066398.jpg
Secret Remoaner Symbol

DaveLovesDee Mar 4th 2018 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12455883)
Feel free to address the point. If you can.

There was a point? I thought it was negatively labelling a significant percentage of the UK population, the ones you disagree with.

Very true, I should have said:

Remain is predominantly an alliance between the virtue-signalling social justice warrior leftists and the done very well out of it rightists.
What you could have said was, ' Remain are those who think that the EEC & EU has been a positive benefit to the UK since we became a member.

It could also be said that Leave are an alliance of those who believe the UK's membership of the EU isn't worth the cost in money or having to follow various rules, and have expressed a desire to leave the EU.

Neither of my statements are derogatory towards the other side.

007Steve Mar 4th 2018 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12455891)
Whereas labelling all remainers either leftists, social justice warriors and virtue-signallers or well-off rightists is a perfectly serious post...
You're a troll.:thumbdown:

:goodpost: :thumbsup:

la mancha Mar 4th 2018 4:22 pm

There, you can see it as clear as day, the sneering malicious rubbish from the posters (all Remainiacs) who have to resort to unsubstantiated BS and misinformation because they cannot reply with confidence to a post.

First the reply from DLD who states the El Pais piece ‘only reflects the views the author wants reflected,’ when the article is take from the latest ‘Corruption Perceptions Index' that is prepared annually by 'Transparency International (TI)’ - ‘Percepción de la Corrupción que anualmente elabora Transparencia Internacional (TI)’. Therefore it is not an opinion piece. It is in the link.

Then there is AMI who quotes fellow Brit corruption in Mallorca instead of confronting the huge Spanish corruption that is on the increase across Spain, according to the report by ‘Transparency International’, and who tells us things are getting better when the facts from this report last month tells the world that it is getting worse, down from 13th position in the EU to 20th today. Can you believe the delusion?

Then we have EMR; ah, yes, good old EMR, who posts whatever is in his head at the moment (which isn’t much going by what he posts on here). He states I am ‘a bitter and twisted refugee from a failed life experience in Spain’. Well, my departure from Spain was brought about by the illness of a family member there with me who passed away three months after we returned to the UK.

DaveLovesDee Mar 4th 2018 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455932)
There, you can see it as clear as day, the sneering malicious rubbish from the posters (all Remainiacs) who have to resort to unsubstantiated BS and misinformation because they cannot reply with confidence to a post.

First the reply from DLD who states the El Pais piece ‘only reflects the views the author wants reflected,’ when the article is take from the latest ‘Corruption Perceptions Index' that is prepared annually by 'Transparency International (TI)’ - ‘Percepción de la Corrupción que anualmente elabora Transparencia Internacional (TI)’. Therefore it is not an opinion piece. It is in the link.

If you don't like what I post, block me.

If you think us Remainers are resorting to unsubstantiated BS and misinformation, have a look at many of the posts by your fellow Leavers regarding the EU. In fact, you could also compare many of the articles in the Leave-supporting media with fact-checking websites. You'll find those more likely to be unsubstantiated BS and misinformation.

la mancha Mar 4th 2018 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12455948)
If you don't like what I post, block me.

If you think us Remainers are resorting to unsubstantiated BS and misinformation, have a look at many of the posts by your fellow Leavers regarding the EU. In fact, you could also compare many of the articles in the Leave-supporting media with fact-checking websites. You'll find those more likely to be unsubstantiated BS and misinformation.

On and on and on and on...

DaveLovesDee Mar 4th 2018 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455950)
On and on and on and on...

You highlighted part of my post for that!!!

Maybe had you addressed the point you highlighted, I could take you seriously. Here's something to back up my assertion that you highlighted.

Infacts - 5 most misleading myths peddled by Vote Leave

FullFact - False claims, forecasts, and the EU Referendum

la mancha Mar 4th 2018 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12455960)
You highlighted part of my post for that!!!

Maybe had you addressed the point you highlighted, I could take you seriously. Here's something to back up my assertion that you highlighted.

Infacts - 5 most misleading myths peddled by Vote Leave

FullFact - False claims, forecasts, and the EU Referendum

Jesus, give over...

amideislas Mar 4th 2018 5:49 pm

Just when I was beginning to believe the delusionals were finally getting sorted by reality.

I suppose there's always going to be a few holdouts. Like those Japanese soldiers...

But it's entertaining, so, not all bad. Avoids boredom.

DaveLovesDee Mar 4th 2018 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455989)
Jesus, give over...

Give over what? You stated that;

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455932)

I responded with a comment including that the Leave media are more likely to lie, and that fact-checking websites verify this. I followed this up with a pair of links to those types of sites.

You're losing the argument.

007Steve Mar 4th 2018 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12455998)
Just when I was beginning to believe the delusionals were finally getting sorted by reality.
I suppose there's always going to be a few holdouts. Like those Japanese soldiers...

;) Banzai!!! (or Rule-Britannia?) :lol:

jimenato Mar 4th 2018 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12455151)
It was the elites that were predominantly for remain.

Very true, I should have said:

Just pick who is 'predominant' in remain to suit which particular argument you've got going at any one moment eh?:sneaky:

Cape Blue Mar 4th 2018 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12455998)

You can't use the Japanese soldiers analogy, I have already claimed that.

amideislas Mar 4th 2018 6:48 pm

The sun doesn't orbit you.

Cape Blue Mar 4th 2018 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12456033)
The sun doesn't orbit you.

I called shotgun, find your own analogy.