British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Mar 3rd 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12455321)
No, you said that ^^^^

But I think everybody would take a little on the side if they can (and it has nothing to do with nationality). I personally don't have a problem with the bloke struggling to pay the rent taking cash for something. It's not my problem, and he needs all the help he can get.

The problem I have, is with fat cats stashing millions away through laundering schemes, while not contributing a penny to the community. I mean, you live in London, home of some of the world's top laundering venues catering to international tycoons, politicians, Mafia, etc., so I'm sure you're well versed.

You mean like Spanish politicians and Spanish suchlike, all the way down regional to local government?

Assanah Mar 3rd 2018 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455311)
Any good strategies out there?

How about attacking half of the world and making them colonies? Then drawing borders with no regard to the natives. That worked out really well. Or how about bombing countries to the ground killing hundreds of thousands of civilians... And all this based on lies, opening the gate to hell as Mubarak has warned!! But hey who the **** listens to people that actually know what they are talking about? The British definitely not.

I am very disappointed and I don't think that the British have good strategies nor that they are rational and use common sense. I think they are emotional shitholes just like everyone else.

la mancha Mar 3rd 2018 5:17 pm

What am I doing stuck on here engaging with you lot on a Saturday? G'bye.

la mancha Mar 3rd 2018 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12455326)
How about attacking half of the world and making them colonies? Then drawing borders with no regard to the natives. That worked out really well. Or how about bombing countries to the ground killing hundreds of thousands of civilians... And all this based on lies, opening the gate to hell as Mubarak has warned!! But hey who the **** listens to people that actually know what they are talking about? The British definitely not.

I am very disappointed and I don't think that the British have good strategies nor that they are rational and use common sense. I think they are emotional shitholes just like everyone else.

Do you mean like Germany did? Twice?

That is it for definite. G'bye.

amideislas Mar 3rd 2018 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455325)
You mean like Spanish politicians and Spanish suchlike, all the way down regional to local government?

That time is long gone. Hundreds of politicians and corrupt businessmen are in jail. The party's over. You just can't get away with that very easily anymore. For anyone who lived here a decade ago, they know it's a different ballgame now. And the EU had everything to do with that.

EMR Mar 3rd 2018 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455303)
When a Spaniard tells me to f*** off home if I don’t like it when he has fraudulently taken money from me, and a few weeks later tried to shake my hand, what would you call him? I call him a slimeball, and there are many I did business with the same. The first slimey taught me and I never got caught again. You can call me whatever you like in your sneering elitist way but I am on the ground floor with these people and not looking down contemptuously from my mountain. In fact, you don’t even know what I am talking about. Lazy b******* is spot on. I have known farmers in Castiila-La Mancha who have left their crops to rot in the fields because EU funding was a better payer.

You don,t like the Spanish do you..

007Steve Mar 3rd 2018 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12455242)
Have your read the Times today and its article on Gibraltar using the EU courts to object to the Spanish veto regarding the final terms of Brexit as they will affect Gibraltar.
Obviously the Gibraltar government is not waiting or expecting the UK government to act on its behalf.

Couldn't access the Times item, EMR, but I found this from 2 days ago,
Gibraltar in shock: it will mobilize all its options to counter any EU exclusion — MercoPress
In normal times I'd just say it's another Spanish try-on, but given the obvious careful timing, this week's "vision" of the virgin-May, and the duplicity of the UK Govt. this could be the real thing... :nod:

amideislas Mar 3rd 2018 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12455336)
You don,t like the Spanish do you..

Foreigners.

EMR Mar 3rd 2018 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12455356)
Foreigners.

The problem with la man and others is that they do not realise that it is they who are the foreigners. when they move out of the safety net that is the UK.

amideislas Mar 3rd 2018 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12455359)
The problem with la man and others is that they do not realise that it is they who are the foreigners. when they move out of the safety net that is the UK.

Surely you aren't accusing Brits of being foreigners are you?

Reminds me of the girl in the ajuntamento wanting something that the oficina de extranjeros handles. "Foreigners office? I'm not a foreigner!" She quipped. "You are... Spanish?" the receptionist asks (in perfect English). "No! I'm English! That's what I'm trying to tell you!"... Eventually storms out mumbling something about how racist the Spanish are ...

EMR Mar 3rd 2018 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12455329)
Do you mean like Germany did? Twice?

That is it for definite. G'bye.

Nazi Germany that had its sympathisers and accomplices at the highest levels in British society.

Cape Blue Mar 3rd 2018 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12455326)

France, Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Germany to name a few.

Cape Blue Mar 3rd 2018 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12455332)
That time is long gone. Hundreds of politicians and corrupt businessmen are in jail. The party's over. You just can't get away with that very easily anymore. For anyone who lived here a decade ago, they know it's a different ballgame now. And the EU had everything to do with that.

The EU interfering in a sovereign states affairs?

Cape Blue Mar 3rd 2018 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12455380)
Nazi Germany that had its sympathisers and accomplices at the highest levels in British society.

Those same elites are now EU sympathisers.

DaveLovesDee Mar 3rd 2018 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12455426)
The EU interfering in a sovereign states affairs?

The EU helping to reduce corruption by a large amount.