British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:41 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Yeah, Dick. Brexit is brexit. Now go over in the corner and chant that to yourself. It will make you feel better.

TGA Sep 12th 2016 7:41 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050381)
Holy sweet balls, the self-righteous indignation just drips from this post like nicotine stains on the walls of a double-wide.

The atmosphere must be awfully think at the top of your ivory tower. That's the only way I can explain that one.

ivory towers??:rofl::rofl:
you serious??:lol:

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050401)
As I said I'd prefer to rely on Gypsy Rose Lee, than the mindless crap the Remoaners are spouting on here,

especially bearing in mind how they got their immediate post referendum predictions so spectacularly wrong.

Sadly I imagine they'll still be spouting the same garbage to their children and grandchildren for years to come. :cool:

Exactly how long did it take, to fit your head so far up your own arse?


Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12050405)
ivory towers??:rofl::rofl:
you serious??:lol:

Do you actually read the tripe you lot are posting? It brims with self-righteousness, as if somehow you and only you are the guardians of truth and that subjectivity is merely a word made up by bad men who don't agree with you in the way your fragile little egos demand.

paulry Sep 12th 2016 7:49 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050408)
Exactly how long did it take, to fit your head so far up your own arse?



Do you actually read the tripe you lot are posting? It brims with self-righteousness, as if somehow you and only you are the guardians of truth and that subjectivity is merely a word made up by bad men who don't agree with you in the way your fragile little egos demand.

There's the spitting and stamping of feet again :nod:

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:50 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Hee hee :rofl:

Bipat Sep 12th 2016 7:51 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050384)
I've asked at least a dozen times, "what is the upside for anyone?". The only response so far has been one of two things; either "brexit is brexit", or a repeat of the numbers who voted. A testament to the sleep walk off the cliff.

The "upside" was discussed before the referendum and at length on this thread. You have different opinions as to the outcome.
It is far too soon to make any certain predictions either way.

You did not comment on this link.

Six reasons why post-Brexit Britain can be like others that thrive outside the single market

DaveLovesDee Sep 12th 2016 7:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050401)
As I said I'd prefer to rely on Gypsy Rose Lee, than the mindless crap the Remoaners are spouting on here,

especially bearing in mind how they got their immediate post referendum predictions so spectacularly wrong.

Many of us expected A50 to be triggered within the week after the vote. After all, Brexit is Brexit.

The predicted consequences didn't happen because Brexit didn't happen. As has been mentioned previously, when Brexit does, markets will react.

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12050418)
There's the spitting and stamping of feet again :nod:

Not really. Only peasants and commoners spit, it's a disgusting habit.

Just because I'm not breaking out the hand cream to join your little circlejerk (ahhhh, wait - there's the semen reference, sorry old chap), doesn't mean you have to get all arsey about it.

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:57 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12050423)
The "upside" was discussed before the referendum and at length on this thread. You have different opinions as to the outcome.
It is far too soon to make any certain predictions either way.

You did not comment on this link.

Six reasons why post-Brexit Britain can be like others that thrive outside the single market

That's nice. The fundamentals don't support that view, and the new government is in disarray, and the few that will comment are spinning a whole new message. Not of "flourishing", but backing away from that entirely.

Wake up. It's all about damage control now.

paulry Sep 12th 2016 7:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050425)
Not really. Only peasants and commoners spit, it's a disgusting habit.

Just because I'm not breaking out the hand cream to join your little circlejerk (ahhhh, wait - there's the semen reference, sorry old chap), doesn't mean you have to get all arsey about it.

Whatever floats your boat, mate.

EMR Sep 12th 2016 7:59 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Brexit is brexit, brexit is brexit, brexit is brexit,.
Nope no matter how many times I keep saying it nothing apart from the problems of sterling, emergency cut in interest rates has happened.

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 8:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12050429)
Whatever floats your boat, mate.

Water floats my boat. We are a proud island nation, after all.

See, this discussion (I know, I'm stretching the definition) you and I are having right now - even it isn't as pointless as discussing a 'brexit' that hasn't happened yet and that those who are involved in making happen don't even have a clear definition for.

paulry Sep 12th 2016 8:09 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Currently, you remainiacs are setting yourselves up for heartbreak. Rest assured, brexit is going to happen so dry your eyes, get rid of those sour grapes and get on with life.

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 8:13 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12050434)
Currently, you remainiacs are setting yourselves up for heartbreak. Rest assured, brexit is going to happen so dry your eyes, get rid of those sour grapes and get on with life.

How does that relate to anything we're talking about right now? Nobody has denied that something that could be called 'brexit' will likely happen before 2020. As far as the details go, that's rather up in the air.

Also, can I have next week's lottery numbers while you're at it?

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 8:15 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
When in doubt: brexit is brexit.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:56 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.