British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Sep 12th 2016 7:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050355)

It's becoming rather like a cult.

Long on mantras and shouting at people who don't want to chant them, short on facts, and simple beliefs that if they just chant loud enough to who/whatever the divine Brexit power is that everything will come out the way they want it?

Yeah.

Still, blue passports eh?

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050366)
I'd be more inclined to consult Gypsy Rose Lee, than swallow any more of the like minded garbage they're still posting on here.

:cool:

Yeah, I mean, I suppose you could ask a stripper to give you her opinions on what the referendum vote means ...

It certainly makes your choice of the word 'swallow' a bit more interesting.

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12050367)
Long on mantras and shouting at people who don't want to chant them, short on facts, and simple beliefs that if they just chant loud enough to who/whatever the divine Brexit power is that everything will come out the way they want it?

Yeah.

Still, blue passports eh?

Well, don't you know if you scream something loud enough, after a predetermined number of repetitions, it becomes fact.

I already have a blue passport, anyway :lol:

EMR Sep 12th 2016 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050366)
One thing is very clear, the Remoaners immediate post Referendum predictions have been shot to pieces.

They might well have been expected to crawl under the nearest stone to hide their heads in shame, but no, believe it or believe it not, they're still churning out the same old crap.

Having been so wide of the mark with their fearmongering predictions up to now, I'd be more inclined to consult Gypsy Rose Lee, than swallow any more of the like minded garbage they're still posting on here.

:cool:

When is brexit actually going to happen and what exactly will it mean.
Come on someone out there must know.
Dick, Vex , Paulry, La man.
One of you must have some thoughts or have all your ideas vanished along with the lieing brexit bus ( not made in England, don't tell Fox he will hace a seizure ).

Dick until we actually leave no one will know what the post brexit effects will be..

Do you !!

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:12 pm

I didn't like the purple ones either. So, I reckon that's at least one thing. Kind of expensive though.

paulry Sep 12th 2016 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050355)
Inhabiting reality isn't a hobby of yours, is it?

Nobody is denying that the vote went in favour of Brexit. A few are questioning exactly what 'Brexit' means though, which is something the snake oil salesmen who pushed for it in the first place weren't able to answer before they shuffled off to new things.

It's becoming rather like a cult.

Crikey, did you get out of bed the wrong side today? :lol: Perhaps you're just upset watching Hillary's push for the white house turn to dust.

The denying bit is about their unwillingness to accept and respect the result and having failed to secure a "Remain", they then sit on the sidelines feeling all emotional lobbing rocks at those who defeated them and the concept of restoring Britain's full sovereignty. Most of the remainiacs are used to having their selfish ways and when they don't get it they behave like spoilt brats: They spit, they scream, they stamp their feet and they get nasty. That is what we are witnessing on this thread.

....Snake Oil Salesmen? :rofl:

Lion in Winter Sep 12th 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050371)
I already have a blue passport, anyway :lol:

Splitter...

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12050374)
Crikey, did you get out of bed the wrong side today? :lol: Perhaps you're just upset watching Hillary's push for the white house turn to dust.

The denying bit is about their unwillingness to accept and respect the result and having failed to secure a "Remain", they then sit on the sidelines feeling all emotional lobbing rocks at those who defeated them and the concept of restoring Britain's full sovereignty. Most of the remainiacs are used to having their selfish ways and when they don't get it they behave like spoilt brats: They spit, they scream, they stamp their feet and they get nasty. That is what we are witnessing on this thread.

Holy sweet balls, the self-righteous indignation just drips from this post like nicotine stains on the walls of a double-wide.

The atmosphere must be awfully think at the top of your ivory tower. That's the only way I can explain that one.

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050365)
I keep forgetting that.

I've asked at least a dozen times, "what is the upside for anyone?". The only response so far has been one of two things; either "brexit is brexit", or a repeat of the numbers who voted. A testament to the sleep walk off the cliff.

EMR Sep 12th 2016 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12050374)

When will brexit happen and what will it mean.
Someone out there must know.
Our resident brexiters are as clueless as our gang if three brexit ministers

Sell brexit, sorry forgot you cannot because you have no idea what it will mean and when it will happen.

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12050380)
Splitter...

Handy to have though, especially now.

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050384)
I've asked at least a dozen times, "what is the upside for anyone?". The only response so far has been one of two things; either "brexit is brexit", or a repeat of the numbers who voted. A testament to the sleep walk off the cliff.

Looking for logic in this thread is rather like looking for a full set of teeth at a country music festival.

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12050387)
Looking for logic in this thread is rather like looking for a full set of teeth at a country music festival.

I know. That's what makes it so much fun! I love irony!

And brexit will go down in history as perhaps the most ironic event in history (if not just in British history).

SultanOfSwing Sep 12th 2016 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050390)
I know. That's what makes it so much fun! I love irony!

Yeah, I have to agree with you there.

DaveLovesDee Sep 12th 2016 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12050294)
Come for a pint sometime

I used to live in Cirencester. If I'm ever back that way, I'll definitely consider it.

No matter what disagreements we've had on here, we're all better behaved in real life.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 12th 2016 7:39 pm

As I said I'd prefer to rely on Gypsy Rose Lee, than the mindless crap the Remoaners are spouting on here,

especially bearing in mind how they got their immediate post referendum predictions so spectacularly wrong.

Sadly I imagine they'll still be spouting the same garbage to their children and grandchildren for years to come. :cool: